Your Christmas Haul!

Discussion in 'Spam....' started by Overread, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Yeps tis Christmas which means roasties - gravy - peas - brussled sprouts and goose/turkey/chicken/toffee* -- but it also means presents time! So what's your stocking been stuffed up to the brim with this year? Or what mighty gifts have you given out - its christmas haul time so kinda an ok licence to show off :)

Remembering, of course, that its not about lots of stuff, its about the act of giving and reciving :) :)

Wolfish (???) haul!
    Once by Nightwish - finally got the last CD I need to catch up! [listening to it right now :) [Now waiting on the new one in 2015
    A "Blade Shunners Beard Kit" from my brother (I think it might be subtle hint that he thinks its untidy??). Neat little kit with comb and chemical stuffs like oils and wax and shampoo.
    Collins books on British Wildflowers and British Fungi ( heavy that they are!)
    DVDs of ep 1-25 of Attack on Titan
    A large bug (ok ok tyranid model -- ok warhammer)
    The Copper Promise by Jen Williams and Green Rider by Kristen Britain
    Collins Bird songs and calls - neat CD and book combo of bird song and identification guides

Very neat spread of stuffs to keep me from getting in trouble for a while!! So what did you get???? ?

*that is that stuff that vegie people eat made to look like chicken right?

2. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I got a few nifty things this year.

A gaming steering wheel for my xbox, which is nice, though I have to figure out the timing to change the sensitivity of it (gotta press four different buttons all at once)

Metro Redux, again for the Xbox

all three side books released for Harry Potter (the tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Quidditch throughout the Ages) all in hardcover, which is nice cause my old copies of the latter two (never owned Tales of Beedle the Bard before now) were starting to get ruined on account that I left them outside for a few months a long time ago.

A case stand for my gaming cases, cause it beats throwing em somewhere random and trying to find the game when you want to play em.

an NHL original six hat

a jersey of sorts from my team (the Detroit Red Wings (and it's not an authentic jersey, but it looks like one and I think it's made by the same material)) also a hat from my team, cause I've wanted a winter hat for a while with the red wings logo and whatnot on it.

a Tolkien calender

and some chocolate.

3. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    in our family xmas is for the kids, adults don't get presents :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I wish it was the same in my family. I keep telling my parents I don't celebrate Christmas anymore, but my mother insists on buying presents for me and my brothers (we're 23, 25, and 27). Getting presents is certainly awesome, but in my family we're usually told for how much we can get something and then we find whatever we want, calculate if that's enough or too much, and then tell my mother so she can order the things. And this makes getting presents really boring. And when you really don't need anything (apart from time and/or some relaxation, which nobody can give me) you just pick the first things that you find without bothering whether you really want these things. :p
    But I'm going to get something (didn't spend Christmas with my family, to avoid all the fuss), so I'm not complaining. :D

I know I'll get George R. R. Martin's "Dangerous Women" and the DVD of "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey". :heart:

EDIT: I visited my parents today and there was more than I had repected/remembered:

[​IMG]

The two small packages in the right corner are a Darth Vader USB stick and earbuds :cool: (My mother is awesome... and really into GRRM :D)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    wow people get good shit. I got a 2TB HD for my comp, a new microwave (I blew my last one up), and the old clothes/socks/jocks.. you cunts lol. STILL I did get what I needed most so I'm happy.

then a few other nick-naks like a damn annoying puzzle box that took me 24 hours to solve... haha..

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  6. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    that usb is really cool Firi

7. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    This is how you see you're an adult. Or old, pick whichever you like. :D
    Also, how did you manage to blow up your microwave? You didn't try to charge an iPhone in it, did you? :p

It really is! It'll look good on my key ring, next to my Yoda key chain. :D

Also, I just realised I wrote "Darth Vater" in my last post. Whoops. Freudian slip?

8. CheshireGrin

CheshireGrin Active Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 1 / -0
    That World of Ice & Fire book is gorgeous, isn't it? I got my best friend a copy for Christmas. We'd both practically been drooling over it since its release. :p

9. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    Got cool walking shoes... more expensive than I'd buy for myself:), cargo shorts, Queen concert dvd, 'Unbroken' audiobook, and a super cool Watership Down t-shirt from my youngest niece that I've already cut the sleeves and collar off... also received flannel shirts, more cargo shorts, and whatnot. But this is the good stuff...
    [​IMG]

10. Tamago

Tamago 愛(kanji for love)

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    I didn't get any books this Christmas, unfortunately, but I received a new perfume (much more expensive than I'd usually buy :rolleyes:), a lovely new sweater, and a pair of adorable earrings. I'm not counting the 3 volumes of Skip Beat manga I received from one of my girl friends, only because it was supposed to be a very-very-late birthday present.

11. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I still haven't unwrapped it, because I know if I did I'd spend hours reading it, but I still have another book to finish before I touch anything else. D:

That is a really cool shirt! But why cut the sleeves and collar off? :O

Which perfume? Anything we might know? :)
    And thanks for reminding me I still have to send that birthday present from mid-October to my best friend... :rolleyes:

12. Tamago

Tamago 愛(kanji for love)

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    It's a Dahlia Divin from Givenchy. I usually buy Avon or Oriflame perfumes, and actually my mom usually buys them. I don't usually spend money on perfumes. :rolleyes: I like the flagrance of this one a lot, though, it seems to suit me very well.

I received my birthday present two weeks ago or so, and my birthday is in April...

13. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    When you have a body as nice as mine, you just have to show more of it off.:D
    Actually, I hate sleeves, and I also hate long pants... give me my cargo shorts with lots of pockets, a sleeveless shirt, a flannel shirt tied around my waist... and I can take on the world!:)

14. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    But... but... even in winter? :eek: But it's so cold without sleeves! :confused:

15. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Get off my lawn!
    Also no, my old microwave stopped heating food, so I set fireworks off in it. In my backyard of course.

16. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    That's why I tie a flannel shirt around my waist!.. if the temperature dips or it rains I just untie it and there we go, a long sleeve flannel shirt to keep me warm.:)
    In addition to the buttons, most of my cargo shorts have a draw string to cinch up the waist... which in an emergency can be ripped out and used as a tourniquet to stem the flow of blood... if I'm attacked by a bear, or bitten by a rattlesnake, or receive a deep wound during a duel. Besides splitting the atom, the greatest invention of the last one hundred years was the advent of cargo shorts. First worn by the British Expeditionary Army; they are both historical and highly functional, and a timeless fashion statement.:D
    I could go on for hours about cargo shorts, they're a big part of my life.

17. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Alas... I did not get any cargo shorts for Christmas...lol.
    My washing machine died just before the holidays so guess what I got for Christmas?????? At first glance a washing machine does not seem like an exciting or glamorous gift, but when you've a family of four and are tired of of hauling your dirty laundry around to all your family and friends' houses... it takes on a special glow and angelic aura of it's own. :D
    I also got "onesie" pyjamas (MOST AWESOME PJs EVER!!!!).
    The best gifts for me though this year were a few that I found for my family. There's a really neat independent toy store near where I live that I visit every year at Christmas. I go to find something my kids haven't asked for but that is really off the wall, cool or different. They sell the kind of stuff you can't find at big chain stores. This year I found a "hand boiler" - a special glass ball and tube apparatus that when you hold it in your hand, causes the liquid inside to boil and travel up to fill the upper chamber. I also found those little music boxes that you crank by hand. A wheel with little spikes on it turns inside the mechanism and the spikes hit little tines to play a tune. They are encased in plastic boxes so you can see how the mechanism works.... very cool and the kids loved them.
    We also got the new Wii dance game where you have to mimic the dance moves of the person on the screen. My son is kicking my butt at that but we are having a great time with it.

• Winner Winner x 1