Your 3 favorite new Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by jim1961, Jun 10, 2007.

?

3 Favorite New Jedi

1. Alema Rar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ben Skywalker

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Cilghal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Corran Horn

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Jacen Solo

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  6. Jaina Solo

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Kyp Duron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lowbacca

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Tenal Ka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Zekk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I suppose the EU is either something you like, or dont. Any and all parts of Star Wars can be criticized, including the classic and prequel era's.

2. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Indeed that is true, I know alot of people hate the Prequels, but it was the Prequels that made me a real fan of Star Wars. I had loved the Classics as a kid, but never thought on them too much, but when the Prequels came, it gave it a new light and depth that it never had before. And now I adore it, but something that also kept me as a fan, is the soundtrack. I love John Williams!

3. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I think people would gravitate to the New Republic era as much as the others if Lucas had done films for this time period.

4. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that's true, but I'm interested on his take of it. I mean things like Luke getting married? Wouldn't have happened. As I mentioned before, there was a small idea he had for new films, years ago when Jedi was just released. He played with the thoughts of bringing back Han Solo, Leia, Luke etc when they were all old. He found it a funny concept. But he described Luke as being like an old hermit, just like Obi-Wan. But in actuality he would've been more a Mace Windu/ Yoda figure for a new line of characters. He said that the original main characters would just be in the background. I'm interested to see what he was thinking of doing for that time. Also with before Episode I, what he had planned then. I'd love to see HIS original story of how the Sith Order was created. That's some interesting story telling right there.

5. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I suppose where we differ the most is that Star Wars to you is only valid as far as Lucas is concerned, where I feel like Lucas was the father of it, but it has grown and matured beyond him. Needless to say, Star Wars is more than Lucas now, and had it been limited to only his participation, we would not EU at all, which would have been a great loss in my opinion.

6. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's true that without the EU having been created, it may have limited Star Wars' appeal to others so I am grateful in that aspect, but for me, it doesn't push the buttons it should ;) I'm a fussy woman, just ask Anakin lol

7. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Its quite all right to be opinionated. As you get to know me, you will discover I am also very opinionated.

But in my way of looking at things, the EU is what made Star Wars more than Jordan's Wheel or Time, or Goodkinds Sword of Truth. That is, what other story out there covers over 100 books? And unlike Star Trek novels, at least attempts to keep continuity from one story to the next? This is the prime reason I dont read Star Trek, and do read Star Wars.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Star Wars=good
    Star Trek=bad:D

9. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I admit I do like Star Trek. But what I meant was is that I will never sit down and read all the novels like I have in Star Wars. The primary reason being that they contradict each other frequently being that theirs no guidelines or oversight to them.

10. Kernos

Kernos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anakin Solo, Ben and Kyp