Your 3 favorite new Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by jim1961, Jun 10, 2007.

?

3 Favorite New Jedi

1. Alema Rar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ben Skywalker

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Cilghal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Corran Horn

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Jacen Solo

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  6. Jaina Solo

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Kyp Duron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lowbacca

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Tenal Ka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Zekk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here is an original conclusion. Luke allows the knowledge of the Sith threw Jacen, at least in part, to be part of the New Jedi Order.

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    original but not likely, luke would never allow such teachings in the Jedi Order

3. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Who do you think is most likely to be the next Jedi Grandmaster?

Could it be a female?

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    well if Jacen went down the dark path, then maybe Jaina will be the one to succeed them all....

5. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Or Leia?

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I hope not, making her a Jedi was not a good idea to start with...

7. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    With her political strength, she could be the one to bind the galaxy. cough...

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    That's the thing, Leia would only focus on politics and leave the Jedi to Luke afterall Luke is meant to resemble his father while Leia is to resemble her mother...That's why she remembers Padmé and Luke doesn't.

9. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, evidently Lucus has other things in mind for Leia. She has been distancing herself from politics for sometime now. She also has been working on her Jedi skills. If fact, she has become a pretty formidable Jedi as of The Legacy era. Maybe no grandmasterhood, but I think she going to be a Jedi Master before long.

10. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well Lucas has nothing in mind for Leia cause as far as he concerns the story of the skywalkers ends with Return of the Jedi. George Lucas also thinks Boba Fett died in "Jedi". But he gave his allowance for him to live on in EU...for the fans.

11. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Although opinions differ, I tend to believe Lucus still has a steering effect on this series. This you yourself have pointed out to some degree through his questionaires for authors. Perhaps less so for characters that originated in the EU. But for those "classic era" characters, I think he has some vision as to their final roles, although that vision may devise itself over time.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well of course he has an effect on these new series, he has to give his approval, but I'm more curious how things tend to happen in his mind rather than in the books, cause as said before, things are different. Boba Fett would be dead, Leia would take over the roles of her mother and Luke would be an Obi-Wan figure. But that's his point of view. Most of the fan's point of view is of course what is written in the books

13. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    no idea. never heard of anyone. it looks like all the old characters with their letters switched around. Lowbacca? is that original!?

14. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I thought Lowbacca was an awful name, but after 15 some books read with that character, I got used to it.

15. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Since knowing his inner mind on such things is a impossibility, we must assume that the books we continue to read are some reflection of his thoughts.

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Have you read the annotated screenplays? It gives you a lot of insight of what his plans are...That's how I know that the classic trilogy would be very different if it was made now. For example the death star would not been blown up in ep IV. George said he was only happy with the classics for 30%, with the special edition 70%....It tells you a lot about character development and it's from those notes that you can predict what would happen to the characters from his point of view. Also from his biography you can learn a lot.

17. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No, I havent tapped those resources. Interesting info though.

18. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    I am unable to vote in this, as Anakin very much knows, I don't like all of the nonesense written after Return of the Jedi. I don't mind all of the events taking place in the Clone Wars era, cause that is open for imagination. But I have heard what Lucas originally intended to happen after Return of the Jedi, and it is NOT what is in the books. He originally played with the idea of sequels to the classics, where Luke would be the old Obi-Wan figure, helping a group of new characters. There wouldn't have been all of the Mara Jade, cloned Emperor stuff. Those storylines belong in Dallas or Neighbours thanks very much lol

19. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lucas's orginal intentions have developed and changed greatly since the writing of episode IV. I disagree with you that the entire EU has none of his intentions or makings.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  20. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    He approved them, nothing else. Basically, for him, the Star Wars stories is the period between Episode I and VI.... Aka The Story of Anakin Skywalker. When he dies, the story dies. So I think Lucas doesn't care what is written before or after, because he has no intention of going to that place in a film aspect. But it doesn't mean that was what he had planned himself. Even just a few days ago, Anakin found evidence of Lucas' original plan of what happened before Episode I, with the original revolution and creation of the Sith. Was it up to 25,000 years before A New Hope as they claim? No, only 2,000 years before A New Hope. Which is more realistic, cause the idea that in 25,000 years they have in actuality progressed very little in technological terms, is ridiculous. I think that was very, very badly planned out. Also, the Old Republic in the EU is supposed to be, as I said, 25,000 years old, well that is clearly not what George Lucas intended either. Even Palpatine says himself, "Republic which has stood for a thousand years....", do you not think he would have said over 25 thousand years?? Of course he would. And it is more realistic that it is about a thousand years old, as is the prophecy of the Chosen One etc. But the timeline has been extremely exaggerated by idiots who are trying desperately to fit in their own stories into this Star Wars universe.