Young Anakin in ROTJ

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Aragorn Elessar, May 18, 2004.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Okay here's a story. Anakin really actually dies in ep III as a Jedi. Cause when he is resurrected he's not Anakin anymore...he's darth vader. So that's reason you see him young in ep VI, cause he died when he was young in ep III. But his flesh grew older, that is why you see him older when Luke takes his helmet off.

2. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I disagree, and if I'm wrong, Anakin (the Star Wars guru) can correct me. Anakin had wanted be a Jedi because he wanted to be a hero, he wanted to be a celebrity, and he wanted people to look up to him just as he did to Qui Gon and Obi Wan. He didn't have a servant's heart. After all, the Scriptures tell us that a leader must have a servant's heart. This view was also reflected by Sean Bean's character, Odysseus in the movie TROY when he says, "Sometimes one must serve in order to lead."

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Well said Anduril. Anakin wanted to be a Jedi for all the wrong reasons. He'd grown up feeling helpless, worthless, powerless, and when he grew up and became adept at using the force and fighting etc, he had that cocky swagger of someone who has great power over everyone else and isn't afraid to use it to get what he wants.

I believe a man is defined by his actions, not his thoughts, but Anakin was only ever going to turn out one way. He was a little punk as a slave kid, coz he had to be to survive, but that's not a good combination with Jedi powers :) In fact, the only good acting that Jake Lloyd did in Phantom Menace was some really angry scowls that showed his immense anger even at that young age.

4. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I suppose i could be wrong....but i'm pretty sure it will be Obi Wan vs. Vader.....Keep in mind though, that it is not when anakin gets put in the black 'vader' outfit that he becomes vader....it is when anakin turns to the dark side and becomes sidious' apprentice....hence it will be Obi Wan vs. Vader.....technicallities...i know....lol....

5. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I don't mind the change too much. On one hand, I think it actually works better to have the original actor (old Anakin) from the original films. On the other hand, this change does give a sense of continuity between the two trilogies that was otherwise lacking.

6. Isaac29GT

Isaac29GT Spawn of Skyanide

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea as well. I agree with Andurils points. Exactly what is going through my mind...so there isn't much more i can say...

7. RedFalcon

RedFalcon Freelance Freighter Pilot

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Personaly I Id rather Lucas leave the films alone and not change anything, it seems to me that Lucas himself has become corrupt by the Darkside of marketing and movie making. Hes more corperate puppet than man now, twisted and money hungry. I want the poor, independant film maker with a big dream lucas back.

As much as I dont like him making changes to the orginal trilogy, I will still buy the collectors edition DVD boxset of all six films, my gf has the orginal unedited ones on VHS so I can always watch those :D