Yoda Battle

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Gûd Daedheloth, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What did you think of it?

I liked it. I thought it was very well done. Serious and humorous at the same time. I think it would have been cool if they had stuck with the original idea of having Dooku pick up Anakin's lightsaber to fend off Yoda's attack, b/c one lightsaber wasn't enough. Awesome on an IMAX screen.

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed watching Yoda limp in with his cane, fight an awesome battle, then leave using his cane again. That little green guy fight a great battle.

3. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That scene was awesome! He reminded me of a little green Jackie Chan hobbit.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  4. frodogurl49

frodogurl49 Jedi Sabermistress

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After the battle, when he limped away, I couldn't quit giggling.(laughing got me dirty looks in the theator, the bunch of sore sports.) I also thiought he looked like a kung fu grasshopper for some reason. I much enjoyed the whole sequence.

5. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I also thought it was good, but I would have liked to see him apear a bit more effective. After all he is the great Yoda.

6. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Aww, I don't think so! Count Dooku rocks and I'm glad they didn't make Yoda easily beat him or anything. :)

7. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yah it wouldn't have been right if Yoda outright won. The dark side is more powerful!

8. Arin

Arin I bite back....

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Actually the dark side is not more powerfull. I thought the Yoda fight was pathetically funny.

9. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It is more powerful! They even admitted it!

Remember with the prophecy. Anakin is to bring balance to the force and they are training him to be a Jedi. Balance how? It can't be quantity because there are so many more Jedi than Sith. Therefore it has to be quality.

Also two Sith took out HOW many Jedi? (sure they had the help of a bounty hunter but still) And who got rid of the Sith in the end? An ex-sith.

Also when you look up the history of the Sith you find it was created when ex-jedi's found out how to use the more powerful side of the force.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  10. Gûd Daedheloth

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here's an interesting Sith fact. Sith used red crystals to power their lightsabers because they are more powerful saber beams when powered by the Dark Side. That's why Obi-Wan's lightsaber looked like it was shorting out when he was fighting Vader in A New Hope. (Actually, it was flickering out b/c the special effects were awful, but they had to come up with an explanation.) :)

11. Arin

Arin I bite back....

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    But in one of the older movies Yoda says the dark side is NOT more powerfull...

12. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I noticed in the AOTC DVD special features that the Count Dooku fight double was spinning two lightsabera around, and wondered why because we never saw it in the final cut. But now it makes sense for him to have possibly needed 2 lightsabers to fend off the psycho Yoda. Especially as one of the practise moves was him ducking and spinning a lightsaber over his head to fend off an overhead attack.

I found a pirated script on the net over a year before AOTC was released that turned out to be 90% accurate in the final movie, and in that script it had the Lucas team wanting Yoda to fight with 2 short lightsabers, not just one. So that also would have made sense for the Dooku double to have used 2 against Yoda's 2. Now that really would have been cool to see!

But as it is, I thought the Yoda fight was awesome. It really blew me away when I saw it in the cinema, and I still enjoy watching it.

13. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Because he doesn't want Luke thinking otherwise ;) Nah its because by then a change was coming. Yoda probably knew that now was when the Dark Side was going to be defeated.

Right now, even Yoda cannot sense who is among the Dark Side. Everything is clouded to him when dealing with that. Another sign of their power. They can hide themselves. If the Light side was more powerful, you'd think they could discover them. Yet for the longest time they didn't even believe any Sith were left when one was right under their noses. The Sith have an advantage of Jedi. Not only do the Sith remove the limitations the Jedi use but also they interbreeded with black magic which gives them more strength

That would have been neat to see! They should have stuck that in on the DVD.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2003
  14. Gûd Daedheloth

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    :D

Attached Files:

15. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Looks like he stole Obi's lightsaber.

16. Gûd Daedheloth

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I guess I wasn't too specific in my first post. Anakin takes Obi's lightsaber, then Ani's green one is destroyed, so he uses Obi's blue one, then Dooku uses Ani/Obi's blue one.

17. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Mwahahaha! Go Count Doooku! :D
    And about the Sith, remember there are always only ever two...a master and an apprentice...hehehe!

18. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Otherwise they'll just go at each other instead of the Jedi ;)

19. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Possible.

They just need a charismatic leader...like Dooku! Mwahahaha! :D

20. Arnkell

Arnkell New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Luke: "Is the Dark side more powerful?"
    Yoda: "No! Quicker, more seductive..."

A light side user can be a fortress of Force too, it's just that when embracing the dark side and the ethics (or lack thereof) that comes with it, you can use the force to feed off of other creatures, crush them and kill them and don't give a damn.
    That can make you feel like you have more power and might, in the same sense that smoking makes you feel good but you can't resist the "power" of your addiction.
    See? Semantics.
    When Vader told Luke "You don't know the power of the dark side" he mostly meant the power it had over him, not necessarily the power available to him compared to other Jedi.

Also, since the dark side encourages dominion over weaker beings, a dark side user probably gets an automatic boost in arrogance, confidence and (in some cases) some delusion of grandeur, without actually being much stronger than a corresponding Jedi at all.

You have to consider also that Vader and Palpatine were two extremely potent Force users, the one having a higher midichlorian count than Yoda, the other having enough power to mask himself from a nextdoor Jedi council and weakening their Force usage.
    That they were more powerful than Obi-Wan and Luke respectively only says something about their own grasp of the force.
    Ergo, they would've been more powerful than many other force users even if they'd stayed good Jedi. So the power comes from themselves, the good/bad allegiance comes second place.