1. anduril the sword of

anduril the sword of New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i got anduril on qxl for 1000 dollars YES YES YES!!!

ps here is a link to a page in norway that sell limited anduril (edited by Swordsman...please read the rules) it is on norweign just go down where you see the sword you cant buy it now because they hasnt get up they ordering thing!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2004
  2. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be leary of a site hat has the nerve to use BBB's graphics...heck they even use my text......shame shame

Last edited: Feb 8, 2004
  3. matrix9217

matrix9217 King of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The question is, is it legit? I hope so.

4. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Heh, the whole site looks dodgy to me. From the "Lord Of The Rings "Boromir's Sword", Herugrim" page:

Who can forget the first time this sword was seen in the prologue of "The Fellowship of the Ring"? I'm sure all watched with anticipation as the hordes of Orcs swarmed toward the straight and uniform lines of High Elven Warriors. Then, in unison, the power of these large blades were unleashed on the swarming hordes as they tried to break the ranks of Warriors, but instead the Orcs fell by the hundreds.
    This weapon was again used by the High Elves at Helms Deep in "The Two Towers" and with the same effective results. Only this time we knew what to expect when Aragorn yelled "Blades!" on top of the deeping wall.
    The Elven Warrior Sword will certainly be one, if not the, largest sword in the Lord of the Rings Adult collectible sword collection. It reflects its Elven origins with its long curving blade and in its handles which are also curved and wrapped with the elven vine design that adorns most all elven weapons. This is certainly going to be a favorite with fans when it is released.
    We will post the specifications and particulars of this much asked for sword as they are released to us from United Cutlery. Although we do not have the official pictures or specifications yet we can assure you that they will be exact in detail to the swords used in the films using only the finest grade materials and craftsmanship of the highest quality. Each sword is presented with a wood display and a certificate of authenticity.

5. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that site sucks huge. Not only did they take a lot of images and text from BBB, they have no idea what they are talking about.

I went to half of the swords and many of them tell about the Elven Warrior sword... Boromirs... etc. I would think that this site is fake, and someone trying to rip some people off... big time.

6. Elven Prince

Elven Prince The Prettiest One

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me..or do the LWK and AHK the pictures not of the blades on the plaques,, but just the pictures of the blades themselves...do they look a bit..odd to anyone else? or is it just me...The handle on the white knives are a bit yellow if you ask me. and with AHK it looks ..well odd..hmmm..

Hmmm....never know..could be legit..however, i'd stick to retailers i'm more familiar with...its a little messily done though the site if you ask me..hmm

7. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You're right, Larry - look at this bit I found:

"Those are in order of importance, but feel free to let me know where I am wrong :) Maybe Swordsman can start a poll. The retail costs for many of these products will be higher than the swords due to the complicated manufacturing methods used, especially the helmets. Most of these will be more or less hand made, in limited production runs of 1500-3000 pieces each.

SWORDS - I can confirm we will be making strider's Elven dagger with sheath, Legolas' daggers with sheath, and the Elven warrior sword, all from TTT. I have NO ship date info as of yet but I thought I would let everyone here know.

Theoden's sword may be next on that list but we are still evaluating it as well as Eowyn's and Eomer's. The interest for the Rohirrim swords has been mixed. People either like them or dislike them. Not much in between. All three will get more play in Return of the King, so there is always time. Those are not the only swords we will make from TTT. Just the start."

Kit Rae
    Art Director /Product Designer

8. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is obvious they are not professionals because they dont even have the courtesy to do things on there own to win business. We must be dong something right for them and so many other to be immatating us.

I wish them luck.

9. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I think we're all missing the point that the original poster is breaking forum rules by posting his link. And should be admonished for it.

11. Elven Prince

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Must have done something right then ey swordsman if other websites are immitating the BbB site. I'm sure though they will never be able to match the quality of service that BbB provides though so i guess there is nothing much to worry about, in my opinion anyway.....

Hey witchking, did you find that on that site? or on BbB or wherE?

(this is meant before sky's post :p)
    you know sky..that did cross my mind...but no1 actually mentioned it (until now) so went with the flow... :p

12. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yep, on their site.

13. Elven Prince

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah, i see it too now..um..well..what to say...thats actually pretty funny if you ask me....the fact taht it says "swordsman" there .. go figure.. coincidence? doubt it :p

14. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes Sky thanks for bringing me back to reality. I did leave it a bit to show others what to be leary of. Ill edit the post...thanks

15. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Are you implying that that is a great deal, or are you just excited to have the sword? BBB has a much better price.

16. Fingolfin

Fingolfin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you're going to punish him at least keep it to pm's and save him the humiliation, we all slip up sometimes dont we?

17. Elven Prince

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its probably an LE, which might explain it...maybe, but i dunno....and what sort of dollars ? how do u know its US dollars.. could be some other sort of money... sooooo

18. anduril the sword of

anduril the sword of New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in norweign it is 7300 kr=1000 usdollars.

19. Elven Prince

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow! that is a fair bit of money right there...but i guess if you've got that much money, than it is ok :)

20. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, didn't mean it that way. I have never seen a price so high for that item before. I see now that with just text, my question does appear to be condescending. Now I'm humiliated.;)-jk