WW Sequel

Discussion in 'Zelda' started by matt7, Aug 12, 2003.

1. matt7

matt7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw the other day that there is going to be a sequel to The Wind Waker on the GC, and that it will keep the cel shaded look (using any other look would take too much time and focus them to make the sequel on the next new console). What do you all think? Personally, I liked the cel shaded look. What other things do you look forward to in the sequel? I want to see a slightly older Link, and have some other things resolved like the fate of Hyrule, Master Sword, etc.

2. dustyboy316

dustyboy316 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I personally haven't played the game much because of the cel shaded look. It isn't as bad as I firt thought, because there is still zelda movement, but if they put any effort and made a game with good graphics they definetely would have had my buy. But if I haven't beat the first i'm not going to get the second lol.

3. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I, like everyone else was, skeptical at first seeing the first screen shots of WW. But I pre-ordered it anyway (getting the Ocarina disk was worth the money anyway). I don't mind the cel-shaded look, and besides, I got used to it after 10 minutes of play. I stopped noticing that it was different. So, in summary, bring on WW2!

4. dustyboy316

dustyboy316 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    but wouldnt you rather have a game with revolutionary graphics like oot?

5. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sure, I'd rather have graphics like Ocarina, but the graphics are the least important aspect of a game to me, so it really doesn't matter, as long as the gaming itself is great, which WW was.

6. dustyboy316

dustyboy316 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yah I agree (well except sounds a little less important). But for some reason I wasn't tempted to go out, pre order the game and play it nonstop.

7. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    by a sequel to you mean the two games proposed by nintendo at the last E3, one was Four-Swords, which looks okay, the next (which i am deeply DEEPLY outraged by) is called "Tetra's Trackers" and features link going round looking for hiding pirates, this sounds absurd and puts a shame on the makers for even thinking that they could get away with it

8. matt7

matt7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Crusader, I am ::shudders:: aware of Tetra's Trackers and Four Swords, but I did see about a sequel to WW in terms of a normal Zelda game.

Anyway, I get kind of mad to see people complaining so much about WW's graphics. Everyone has their own opinion of course, but to say that Nintendo didn't take any time working on the graphics is plain rude. Anyone who has played the game for any considerable length of time knows just how good the graphics are in it. Oh well. :)

9. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    thats good that theyre making a full game, but the game tetras trackers itself is a violation of taste, the zelda series should be a serious consistant game, with no shoddy little gimmick games on the side like this.

anyway i agree about the graphics, nintendo put a lot of work into the cel shading, and its good, and i dont mind it, but i would prefer some normal graphics like a modern OoT.

10. dustyboy316

dustyboy316 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is Tetra's Trackers the game that has graphics like links awakening?