World of Ice and Fire book

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by K'shar, Sep 5, 2006.

1. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Under the "News" catergory at GRRM's website http://georgerrmartin.com/news.html is an announcment about the release of an encyclopedia style book detailing as much info as is available on the world of ASOIAF. I'm rather excited about this. Of course another edition will have to be made when the books are finished for all us nutty fans.

2. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Yep, Elio and Linda, the folks who run the Westeros site, announced it about a month ago 'cause they're helping out with it. :p So it wasn't exactly surprising for me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for those of you who don't know, the asoiaf.westeros.org forum has created a forum solely for the world book, in which you can make suggestions. For those of you who don't know... I'm on as Arya Stark. ;)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  3. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I don't like that they're doing this before the end of the series. It seems to me that every book we learn a million new things about the people/places/history of Westeros. With 3 more books to go this thing is going to miss a lot.

4. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    They're going to have to publish a second one obviously. Well hopefully. I'll buy it in any case. It's supposed to use the best of the artwork from previously published ASOIAF material and have a whole bunch of new stuff which in of itself should make it worth it. And I posted it here as not everyone checks everywhere about ASOIAF stuff.

5. Kakashi17

Kakashi17 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    They have one of thos things for Wheel of Time (and while I still cannot figure out wheter I love the series or hate it) but it is all behind the sceens stuff like the lore and a detailed history of the land basically it has nothing to do with the storyline. But I really did enjoy how rich the book made the WoT world and cannot wait for the ASOIAF one