Work Rant

Discussion in 'Rants & Scams' started by Beta, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    OK so get this.... We're extremely under staffed at work they hired 19 new employees..... that mean we have 19 people to train.... 2 people call in sick on me and they expect me to do 3 peoples freaking jobs and train 2 people at the same time.... which means I now have to take insides, drive thru's, bag and hand out my own orders get tables and do mug room cause I don't have the time to train my own trainees.... then they yell at me when it's not done properly...... and the they go and fire 18 of the 19 people hired and then bech at me cause nothings ever done cause WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH EMPLOYEES..... Like it's my freaking fault had they not gone and fired everyone we wouldn't have a problem.... one girl they fired for the stupidest reason.... they didn't even give her a warning! AND SHE WAS GOOD! She did most of the stuff that needed to be done properly before we even trained her on it.... AND THEY FIRED HER! And the one thing that really pisses me off is they keep giving me split shifts..... like I'll work from 9-2 and then 4-9..... and they don't even pay me over time on top of the fact that I can't even go home in between my shifts cause it'll take me the 2 hours to get home and back....

(*takes a deep breath*)

oh and the one guy they kept..... the 1/19 they kept.... is a freaking moron that can't do squat! he's so dumb.... and what really pisses me off is that I've been there over a year I've never even gotten a secret shopper.... which is good..... but he's been there a freaking month, not even, and he has this stupid little pin flaunting that he had a perfect shop.... like he's freaking better than me and he likes rubbing it in my face! But can he remember to make more freaking coffee when we need it? No.... does he get tables when there is some.... no..... does he do his freakg job? No.... he stands around and takes orders and expects everyone to do everything else..... and he's constantly getting in EVERYONE's WAY!

(*hits head on table*)

And before anyone gives me the advice of quiting not an option... I'd never get a job that pays as good as the one I got.... and I need the money so I'm freaking stuck..... which I hate.....

ok it's official I'm quiting and starting a band and calling it "Running in Wheelchairs"

we'll release an album with no songs, no music, and no lyrics.... it'll just be an album with a picture of a guy running, photoshopped really badly onto a wheel chair and the whole disc will be nothing but silence for 60 freaking minutes.....

either that or I'll pull a total anger trip grab a microphone and yell incoherent things into it lose my voice and wind up back at my freaking current job.....

(*keels over from lack of air*)

and I haven't even mentioned the fact that I'm in college and have a mass amount of homework.....

2. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Hospitality is like that. I've had girlfriends come home pissed off for the exact reasons. Also even if you did quit and found another job, the chances are it will happen again. I know how you must feel cos I've been there, only thing is my job is nothing like yours :p

3. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol yeah you probably don't work fast food xD

though I have to say I might start a band now xD

4. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Jeez..that freakin sucks.

I'd flip and effing beat someone.

5. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ugh today it was me up front by myself and one girl in the back. I had a line up to the door inside and a line up around the building, about 6 parked orders..... and guess what..... we run out of meat.... -___-

you can imagine how well my day went! DX

6. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    *smirks* I'm sorry to hear that but it does sounds a little comical, you're not having the best time are you? How could you run out of meat!?

7. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    It is comical....sad but comical.

Alpha, its easy to, i use to work fast food as a cook....never again...but it happens more often than people think.

Truck could be late, a week of large orders....I once was at the grill when an order for 100 double cheeseburgers came in...200 pieces of meat!!!!!!!

8. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    ROFL That is so me! I do that nearly everytime I have a party at my place :D lol and I go through the drive through and order em :p

9. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    i'm gonna have to try that

10. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    you must.

11. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    i will.

12. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I drove to work in freaking 2nd gear this morning because of the traffic. grrrrr. Thank God it's my last three days here. After this, I don't want to even talk to an MEP Engineer ever again, let alone be one.

13. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I think that you should quit anyway, but not until you've found a job. If you're that concerned about the money then start saving it all and get a job that pays near enough the same. I don't know... if you hate it that much the money shouldn't be all to much of a sacrifice. It's a crappy situation though, dang it :|