Women!

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Foinikas, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad you agree :D

Pick pharmacy - or something related! It's dominated by women. It's a menace I tell you >.>

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    It also involves lots of chemistry, which I detest.

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Not at all. Of course I don't like shrinkage :D

4. sinfulwolf

sinfulwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    It was at some points, but then just turned into something else.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The4thMusketeer

The4thMusketeer New Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Women are a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, surrounded by shoes...

6. Hangmountain

Hangmountain New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No experience, no skillz no vote! (me that is)

7. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I must say it was very interesting to read all the conversations here in this thread. I know I have often felt that women are incomprehensible. I've since come to realize that there are likely only a few that fall into that category and only one I can name and that would be the mother of my children.

The failure of my marriage increased my desire to learn more about women (please note at this time I was relying on the misconception that most women are the same) in general as I tried to sort through what went wrong with my marriage and at the same time learn how to do things I didn't bother learning while married because my wife handled all those things. With raising 4 children mostly on my own there was a lot I felt I had to learn fast. So I joined a parenting forum to learn how to raise my children better especially how to do things that my daughter would like to do to help with the father daughter bonding.

Anyway, I've found it very enlightening to be accepted on a web site dominated by women and have learned just how different each one of my friends there are. I know I had many misconceptions about women that were cleared up some or mostly; by talking with women. Thankfully they don't just talk about children but life in general and their husbands and such. It was very helpful to learn how things about men upset them; hopefully I've remembered them all in case I ever get married again.

Anyway, I think the best way to find out what a particular woman wants is to ask her and communicate with her. Yes, I've seen how it seems women ask questions that don't make sense to me; I feel that a part of why is simply because I think differently than those asking the questions.

After rereading what I've wrote I find that I've been a bit long winded. Bottom line is we are all different and individuals.

For many of the men here I would say one way I believe you can understand many women better is to try keeping a house clean for a week or two (for those of you who haven't). Try picking up dirty clothes off the floor that happen to be about a foot from the laundry bin day after day. Try watching children for a few days and see how they can try the patience of even the most patient people. Especially try caring for a new born baby for a day or so and see how little of anything else you want to do you actually get to do. I could go on, but I won't.

8. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    LMAO :draught: I know my wife would fill our house with shoes if she could!

9. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'm female and I have three pairs of shoes -- sneakers, backup sneakers and formal (which I hate because they hurt my feet). On the other hand, a friend of mine (also female) has been known to go without food in order to buy unnecessary shoes. I am not exaggerating.

10. sinfulwolf

sinfulwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I myself have only a few pairs of footwear. a set of running shoes, high heeled formal shoes, some nice boots, and flip flops... and that's my personal stuff (my military footwear dosn't count, I have to have that).

But like CP, I have friends who loves shoes, and friends who stubbornly stick to just skater shoes.

11. The4thMusketeer

The4thMusketeer New Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    How to present a woman with a dilemma:

Show her some chocolate shoes...
    (Don't kill me!)

12. aury

aury former doubleposter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm not into shoes. I have a purse fettish.... I just have shoes cuz id get fired if I didn't wear them

13. chimera_789

chimera_789 Queen of Air and Darkness

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    PEOPLE all want the same thing. That is they want what they want when they want it. The specific want at any given moment is individual to both the person and the moment. Women are no different from men in this regard. Women are not a single great monolithic entity with some single hidden or indecipherable want. The only reason straight men think that women are mysterious and their wants are incomprehensible and that this is peculiar to women is because they have never tried dating a man. It is impossible for anyone to know for certain what anyone else wants and sometimes the person in question is not even sure him/herself. All you can know about a person and his/her want(s) is what he/she tells you and what you can extrapolate from the circumstances and what you know about him/her. If you are good at "reading" people, this will be fairly easy for you. If you are not, then other people will generally be a mystery to you and you will probably impart this mysteriousness to the sex of your attraction because your relationships with those people are the ones in which your inability to understand the other person are the more significant.

14. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ^ i could not agree more. no two women i have known, with any sense of identity, have ever wanted the same thing.

15. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Now, see, it took me a minute to understand why that would create a dilemma. Then, it hit me! You meant chocolate as a food not as a color like I read it(which would be a lovely deep rich brown...like chocolate;) ). LMAO If that doesn't show our personal gender gap I don't know what does.

And, yes, I would and have chosen shoes over food and would gladly have shoe racks lining every room of the house. However, I have would also choose biking, camping and backpacking gear over food on many days too. ;)

16. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Viri stulti. Putetisne feminam audire stercibus vestrum amant?

...sorry, I was bored and wanted to practice my latin.

In any case, I think this argument is a lost cause :p

17. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    My latin is a little shaky but I read that as

A virulant slutty Putin female on steroids wearing a man vest

:D