Women!

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Foinikas, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    When you're not chasing them, you're thinking about them, so it's pretty much the same.

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Nah, we could be drinking or watching sport or driving/riding some sort of vehicle.

Plus the stupidity override only kicks in when they are in visual contact.

3. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    yeah, sure :p

4. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yea I am sure.

5. Jet

Jet I Improvised

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Agreed towards Meteorain. We don't "always" *wink* think about womans, we've got sports, TV, Games, Books etc. And i dare to say, that "Womans" also think about man, when they see them walking around.

We aren't the only ones, and that's why womans are strange. Mostly they deny it, that they watch man ;)

6. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I deny it, but that's because I don't actually watch men in that way. :D Or women for that matter. So I may not be the best one to comment.

7. Kaine999

Kaine999 ┼╫£ §₧£§╫µ⌠

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Ok, first of all I gotta say LOL, secondly, I agree with, well most clear thinking rational men, all women are different, yes, you could say they are mysterious and beautiful, and they mostly are, but like any generalisation, there are those that aren't applicable.
    Then again, I have heard women say similar things about men, really, you just have to accept them as an individual each to their own.

8. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, because I'm a woman and want to be right even though you aren't wrong? :D

9. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough:D

10. Kaine999

Kaine999 ┼╫£ §₧£§╫µ⌠

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I would be thinking more along the lines that, it wasn't right, til a woman actually said it, right? :p

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well if a woman confirms what I said then I think I am on the right path, right?;)

12. Kaine999

Kaine999 ┼╫£ §₧£§╫µ⌠

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Well, that is one of those debate things, like, if a tree falls in a forest, and nothing is around to hear it does it make a noise? I mean, the logical answer is yes, but then again, logic need not apply in either scenario :p

13. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    No, it just means there is no unncessary contradictory words from the woman.

15. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
  16. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    right.....(sarcastic)

On that note, something I always looked for in a guy was that he had a steady job. Didn't have to be a high paying job, just something to show that he's got a good work ethic and can support himself. I've been approached by guys who always seem to be "in limbo" concerning jobs, never staying anywhere for long, and not even living on their own.

And then I found Mo <3

17. The Great Adventurer

The Great Adventurer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love the question “what do women want” because it is just so funny. First off, the question is to specific. No man is the same, women aren’t different from men, ergo, no women is the same. Yet at the same time its pointless to try and figure out what the individual women wants. If you ask a women what they want in a man, they generally say “A kind caring person, loves me with all there heart, will do anything for me to make me happy, handsome, funny, a healthy attitude and a good personality” What does this mean? It means that the women you asked is looking for a slave of some kind. A slave that doesn’t exist. Why is that. Well try this. After you asked a women this question go ask a man what a man wants. They pretty much say the same thing but in a manlier way (can’t afforded to seem girly after all). The two counteract one another. The one thing I have learned is this. Women want, to not have to be asked that question. They want you to know what they want with out them giving any clues or clues that are so unreadable no one could figure it out. To all those men out there who have had a girl-friend mad at you and all her friends hint they know why. Trust me, they don’t. They say that because there all working together.

Let me say this.

Men be patient but not a slave

Women make it easier for men to read you but don’t give yourself up.

18. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Surely, you jest. *crosses fingers and hopes that he was being sarcastic* I think it is beyond obtuse and stereotypical to say that women are always irrational. Are women sometimes irrational? Yes. Are men sometimes irrational? Yes. Do I, as a woman, have not only the capability, but desire to remain rational? Yes. Does your penis enable you to remain more rational? Not in the least. Was the quoted statement, made by a man, rational? No.

Perhaps I flatter myself, but I do not find myself slave to my emotions. Admittedly, I do sometimes feel sad, hurt, mad, frustrated, etc, and, gasp, I occasionally even display emotion and cry about those feelings. Does that make me irrational? I don't think so. Hell, I will bare all, and readily admit that I have occasionally been upset(sad, hurt, mad) about something that seemingly made no sense at first glance. However, I do not think that is isolated to my gender. Have you never been upset(hurt, mad, sad) about something that was not entirely definable, made sense, or 'worth it'?

I guess I find your statement to be terribly simplistic, stereo-typical, and narrow-minded, not to mention insulting. And, really, I can not even begin to address your comment about men always being right. Seriously?! Actually, Turumbar, I found this quite disheartening to read from you. Not that I should have higher expectations of your opinion that others, but I'll be damned if I didn't. And, I truly did not expect to read your opinion as this. *shrug*

To address the original question of what women want... well, I certainly can't speak for all women(just one, specifically), but I can tell you my take on it, personally and what I have absorbed over the years of being a woman. I think women want to find their place, their role in life. They want to be different(feminine), yet equal. They don't want to have to take out the trash, but they want to be seen as capable of doing it. They want the freedom to choose, yet they acknowledge the unbalanced societal luxury they are afforded in doing so. (Think jobs here, most men do not feel that they have the option to consider not working. Not only do they generally feel a provider-type responsibility, but they also face the societal expectation to have a job.) They want to be seen as independent, intelligent, and competant, yet feminine, nurturing, and sexy and oftentimes those ideals clash. They struggle with the Madonna-whore complex and their sexuality. They want to be strong, yet vulnerable. They are complex, conflicting and evolving.

I readily admit that it would be hard to try to guess what it is that women want. Because, no two women are the same or want the same thing. Hello, I am Jessica, a woman, yet an individual with individual tastes, preferences, and feelings. You need to take time and get to know me as a person and it will be much easier to distinguish what might make me laugh, make me cry, make me smile, or make me mad as hell. ;) If you try to lump me in a group with lots of other women and try to find what we want on average, you will likely get an average result; half the time you are right, half the time you are wrong. Bottom line is that women are no different in men. We are all individuals with individual personalities that may or may not be fickle or tempermental. I will admit that some women are just out there to **** with your head. As are some men. It happens, but it is not because of their gender.

19. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    For a woman, you make sense.

I jest! I jest!
    Of course you don't make sense, you're a woman!

Okay Okay, I am joking! :p

Really good post, Tinny. ;) :D

20. sinfulwolf

sinfulwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I am completely behind this statement. The stereotypes mentioned in this thread have been insulting to me because I have been lumped with half the population of the planet. There are plenty of women that I do not want to be associated with just because I have a pair of breasts. I have worked hard to be seen as an equal by my mostly male co-workers just because there are so many that of the mind that because I am a woman that I would be unable to properly do my job as an Infantry soldier. Our gender is weaker? Not true. Our gender is irrational? I've seen it enough in men to be more than upset with this statement.

Of course I'm in touch with my emotions, and they do tend to lend something to my decision making, but that is because I am a human being, not a robot. It's not because I'm a woman.

This is all I have right now, not much, but Tinuviel has made excellent statements and I back her up completely.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009