Woman calls police over Chicken Nuggets

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by ScreenXSurfer, Mar 4, 2009.

1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Simply put, it's the media's fault more than any other things else. And is it just me or is the perception of stupid Americans actually originated from Bush himself? :S

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    The typical impression is ignorance rather than stupidity. America is so big and self-sufficient that many citizens never have to care about the outside world. Other smaller countries have to care, but America doesn't to a large degree.

My dad worked in America in the late 70s (why I was born there), and upon telling one chap who worked at a government department he was from Australia, the guy responded "Australia huh? Where's that then?"

When I visited America in 2004, I wore my green and gold Aussie rugby jersey with the kangaroos etc on it. Someone I bumped into said "Oh, you're from Austria!" I just said yes, it was easier that way :D

Anyway, this is off-topic, let's get back to abusing retards who ring an LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY number to complain about chicken nuggets.

3. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Further proff that coke is superior to pepsi. Haha.

Anyway. obviously mcdonalds was in the wrong for not wanting to refund her the money. Obviously calling the police of the matter is NOT the right thing to do. Sooooooooo, my question is what are you supposed to do in that situation?

4. ScreenXSurfer

ScreenXSurfer Better Than You

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    She was supposed to use her brain and call the non-emergency number, or even call Mc Donald's corporate. They'd have told the manager to refund her her money.

5. Supamo33

Supamo33 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    the Australians made a car that, when you turned the traction control on, it called you a british woofter

6. Jorick

Jorick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Oh, wow... She is totally one of my favorite people right now, along with the lady who made a plea bargain for killing her son that includes a resurrection clause. Apparently, her cult says he'll come back, and if he does she wants the charges dropped cause there was no harm done. Yay crazy people!

7. TheGuardian

TheGuardian Guardian of Jilly

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    pahahahha. over effing chicken nuggets??

8. Nocturna

Nocturna New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think the real comment should be, this is an example of how stupid PEOPLE can be. Americans, canadians, whatever..there's always a batch of people who lack common sense.

Anyway..I heard about this story. People are probably sick, or hurt, trying to call 911, and this lady is calling about her chicken nuggets. Ridiculous..haha.

While she may have had a point, the logical thing to do is contact the manager, not the police.

9. Raff the Sweetling

Raff the Sweetling Threadkiller

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    At my local Mcdonalds, they are always out of something or give you the wrong item. Im just happy if the food is luke warm, this lady had it pretty good.

10. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    All Americans are fat and are obsessed with food (ex. nuggets) its not their fault, its just that they are stinky ugly Americans
    -by Lord Yuan (sadly a fat American as well)

11. Nocturna

Nocturna New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm not bg on nuggets..

..now if it was a chicken BURGER..I'd be on the phone calling 911 so fast :O

12. Kally

Kally Driving my own destiny.

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    LMAO thats rediculous! Yeah I'd be annoyed... But I wouldn't call the police o_O

13. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Threadkiller

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Macca's Chicken Nuggets taste like cardboard anyway. A wasted rant to 911, IMO.

There are plenty of overt racists and other strains of idiocy in Australia. The US has ten times the population of us ergo there is plenty more fodder for the constant stream of unnewsworthy crap that comes out of there, so it just SEEMS like there are more idiots, but that is not the case. Per capita, we have the same.

14. SuperToad

SuperToad New Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    At least she didn't file a lawsuit...;)

15. Sabbz

Sabbz pooky

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    yet...

America in general isn't stupid, the fact that they are a (the) leading superpower kind of proves this. However, other countries love to pick at those select few special people and then generalise.

A large problem is that many American's are considered ignorant to their surroundings; hence the phrase "nothing exists beyond the borders of America".

I remember watching a video clip on YouTube, titled something like "Americans are so stupid" and it was about this guy going up to random people and asking them questions like "give me a country that begins with U" and one person replied Yugoslavia. Another question was: "here is a pin, and here is a map, put the pin on the map where you think Iraq is." And some put the pin in places like Australia, South Africa, UK and North-Eastern Europe.

Unfortunately, humanity likes to judge the collective by the actions of a few.

I remember my first impression of an American, I was 15 and worked at an internet cafe, two Americans came to use our computers, after 5min they both got up and starting complaining saying there was something wrong with our lines (which there wasn't). In general, they were Loud, Annoying, Criticising and Condescending.

They snorted things like "In America, we have this and this", in America "We do this and this", I got so pissed off at them, I told them something along the lines of "If you don't like the way our country runs, then get back on the plane and f*ck off back to your "superior" country."

I've had a general dislike of American's simply because of that one event. Luckily, the internet has helped me realise that not all American's are whiny little bitchy tools, :p