Wizard's First Rule - The mini-series!

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Richard Rahl, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, glad you posted, and by all means don't miss our other sections. :)

2. Mathius

Mathius Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0
    Dang. That dude is really obsessed with getting eye colors right.

Does anyone know if this is a go or not? Sometimes corporations buy the rights to something, but don't ever do anything with it.

For me, the SoT series has been up and down. Some books were good and others were crap. It also seems like the series is going in circles, like he's made it so big he doesn't know how to finish it.

Some of it is very disturbing to the point where I was ready to give up the series. Soul of the Fire read like smut and I almost gave up on the series, but Faith of the Fallen was fantastic, possibly the best book of the series, and definitely redeemed things for me. But then Pillars of Creation after that was only so-so.

Concerning it being a mini-series, I think this is a positive. The Showtime series Dexter is based on a few novels, and it really does work out well.

If they were to do a SoT movie, it would be limited to being 2-3 hours long at the most. But with a mini series, they can stretch it out over a whole season and really put a lot more attention into making sure they get the whole plot.

Also, if the series is successful, they could expand it to a couple of seasons and include a lot of the other books.

Unfortunately just based on history, I'm not sure this would last too many seasons unless they really do a good job on it. I mean Hercules and Xena only lasted a few seasons and that's the only real medieval/fantasy type series I remember.

Maybe they could actually get a deal with the Sci-Fi channel. It would give them a lot better shot at keeping it on t.v.

Mathius

3. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    True about the eye colors but what I'm more concerned with is whether or not they pick out some bimbo to play Kahlan, that would really, really aggravate me. I'm not so sure about watching the series nor do I know any information about what channel they'll be coming on, what day, and time. I'm sure we'll see what the final product is when it comes on. And yes, some of the books aren't as good as the others but that's with any series. After reading so many other fantasy authors I have seen this. So I know where you are coming from Mathius. Thanks for your comments. :)

4. Balthor

Balthor Half-elf Ranger Smith

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how this relates to the miniseries - if at all - but I was commissioned by Terry almost a year ago to make him two swords like the sword I had made for myself inspired by the Sword of Truth line drawings in the chapter headings. (See picture of the first sword below).

Like I said, I don't know how or if at all this relates to the props to be used in the miniseries, but Terry's representative in our dealings made a few remarks like "I think Terry wants the swords in time for his next meeting with Sam Raimi".

Seeing what the entertainment industry did with the swords from The Lord of the Rings in their simplistic beauty, I hope they can make something similar to my sword, (with some aesthetic improvements, of course). Also, since the chapter heading line drawing was done by TG himself, I think it's safe to say the movie sword should be very close.

Having my first-ever costom sword commissioned by Terry Goodkind himself was at once a very prideful and humbling experience for me. I know there are any number of custom smiths out there who could have done a much nicer job than me, but I was encouraged by Terry's comment that he'd prefer to commission the sword from a struggling artist and fan than from a well-known professional. Quite an interesting guy.

Balthor

Attached Files:

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Sounds interesting - let's hope Terry uses your sword as a reference. :)

6. Morgaia

Morgaia Eystaun,The Grey Alliance

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The Sci-Fi channel would be a good place for it, they aren't scared of violence and it would attract the crowd most likely to enjoy it. I really hope they don't cut out too much of the violence of Richard's time with Denna, not because I enjoyed seeing him hurt (it was terrible actually, I <3 Richard) but because seeing what happened to him is very important to the plot and his state of mind afterwards....especially in Stone of Tears when !SPOILER! he is offered the collar from the Sisters of Light. I'm very excited about the prospect of a TV show! I bet even my dad would enjoy this, he liked the books!

7. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Only time will tell. We will see when they are aired on television. :)

8. The Highlander

The Highlander There can only be one

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    New to the site and the series. Started about 3 months ago and now 1/3 of the way into faith of the fallen. I was just curious if there are any updates on this series becoming a reality?

9. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    The series is a true reality. The contract has been signed between Terry and Sam Rami, The director of the Spiderman movies. So it is a go but in regards to any current news about the series...I haven't heard anything.

10. The Highlander

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hoping it is a HBO (or sim) that airs it.

11. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully. If not maybe another movie network like Starz or Cinnemax. I don't want TNT to do it because they cut out a lot of good stuff. USA or TBS are much worse. :D

12. The Highlander

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking the same. Hopefully some news of this will come about soon.

13. Ghazi

Ghazi Ghazi

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey. this is my first messege ever on this site, so I hope I'm welcome. Do you know if they will be making them (the mini series) into a DVD set? I have no form of cable at all, but would love to see them.

14. The Highlander

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am sure they will. Its a cash cow that I am sure they wont pass up

15. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    In time I'm sure they'll come to dvd but I'd rather see for myself it is going to be worth it. You see I'm really Worried about the casting. :( Especially with Cara, Kahlan, Richard, Zedd, Nathan, and Chase. I wish they'd release some more information on it but one good thing is that Sam Rami, (the director), has read all of the books and is a huge Terry fan. So I can only hope he won't botch it up.

16. Cara

Cara New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, I'm crossing fingers and toes

17. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I havent heard any word on the official casting even if they have one out yet but I was on Youtube one day just browsing through some topics and I came across a few threads on fans opinios for the casting. A few of the choices are a bit iffy IMO but if you took a few from the other vid's that would make an awesome cast I think.

18. wozman

wozman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey all, new to the board but longtime fan of SOT. There are too many suggestions for good actors to play the main characters, but i was thinking about it and i think that Brendan Gleeson would be perfect for Chase's character, as he always plays the same type of character and he consistently delivers a good performance in these roles. Here's the link to his IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0322407/ let me know what you think.

19. Wizard Warren

Wizard Warren Prophet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,

You might have heard the news but in case not, more info has been put up on terrygoodkind.com

In Short:

On Jan 29th terrygoodkind.com posted that production is scheduled to begin in may for a 22 episodes to be aired in the fall on ABC.

But you can read the whole annoucement on his site!

Other Links: The TV.COM Page: http://www.tv.com/wizards-first-rule/show/75118/summary.html?tag=tabs;summary
    (I'm Tronman100 on the forums)

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844653/

As I mentioned on the forum there, my personal choice for Richard is Michael Shanks. He's a pretty tough looking guy (could use a little more muscle though) check him out on http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/. He's a good actor, I think he'd be good at protraying Richard's personality.

20. Numenor53

Numenor53 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Did that say disney series??? That isnt comforting :confused:

Search tags for this page
aydindril pronunciation
how do you pronounce kahlan
how do you pronounce kahlan amnell
how is kahlan pronounced

kahlan amnell pronunciation

kahlan name pronunciation