Wizard's First Rule - The mini-series!

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Richard Rahl, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Kahlan Amnell

Kahlan Amnell Mother Confessor

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    She would make a good Kahlan but her eyes aren't green....

2. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I don't know about a body like Kelly Brook. Well, body perhaps, but not in terms of size of breasts. Berdine is remarked as having bigger (Richard's hands fit them perfectly lol), and Kahlan notes that hers are not as big, and that Raina's hand were be better..er..suited, shall we say. This was in jest of course, but I don't think she's supposed to be overly endowed in that department.

As for Evangeline Lilly, I could definitely see her as Kahlan. I don't watch Lost either, so I did an image search. She looks great, and certainly looks almost regal, befitting her role as Mother Confessor.
    And not having green eyes could be easily remedied with contact lenses I think.

I've attached a picture for those who don't know what she looks like.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  3. Kahlan Amnell

Kahlan Amnell Mother Confessor

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Indeed she does suite the role for Kahlan. And I forgot about the contacts being able to change eye colors.

4. Yehir

Yehir Wise Fool

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Right. She doesn't look bad... I mean for the role :)

5. fridgehopper

fridgehopper Jazz Maverick

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Evangeline Lily has green eyes already. I'm glad folks agree about it though, you never know, she might end up as the Mother Confessor.

6. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    True enough she would be a good role but the problem is the directors actually seeing her as a potential person to play Kahlan. With our luck they'd pick some well endowed woman who has a southern accent and doesn't know anything about fantasy. Let's all just keep our fingers crossed. :)

7. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well we should give casting directors a bit more credit than that I think :p They're in the job, after all, because they know what they're doing. And since Sam Raimi is a fan of the series, I think we can trust he won't allow anyone to be cast who doesn't suit the role.

Another alternative, while I think this woman would be good as Kahlan, would be to cast complete unknowns as Richard and Kahlan. Unknowns with proven acting ability of course; maybe some people fresh out of acting school. That way they'll be young, and they'll appreciate this big break as their bread and butter, so they're more likely to remain loyal to the series. The absolute worst thing that could happen is if one of the main characters had to be replaced.

8. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. That is very good thinking their Richard. I agree with that someone who is around the age of Richard and Kahlan would be an excellent star to add to the series.

9. Wizard Warren

Wizard Warren Prophet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've heard other people complaining about the TV Series, personally, I've wanted this since I started reading the series. I think an awesome job will be done, in fact when I read I often picture it like that. Even seems like there are good places for commercial and episode breaks, haha.

I just hope they don't remove any of the elements that make the series dark in any way, or try to make it more 'family oriented'. The depictions of torture are very powerful, and should not be removed or lessened. Still, I think Raimi will do a good job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wizard Warren

Wizard Warren Prophet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Myst miniseries I was so excited about that went belly-under.

11. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Myst had a mini series? I didn't know that.

12. Wizard Warren

Wizard Warren Prophet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It was supposed too. If you search for "Myst TV Miniseries" on google you'll find a few pages about it, mostly news articles on game/sci fi websites in 2002. It was never produced, and impossible to find anymore information on it after those few articles. I was supposed to be made by the SciFi channel and Columbia Tri Star, and be somewhat based on the Book of Atrus.

13. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Oh....all right. Anyway back to the subject please.

14. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    i wonder how this will translate? wizards first rule is after all very graphic in terms of violence. no doubt it will be a much tamer adaptation even if it were to air on a premium channel.

this is my favorite book of the series so i do hope that the project is taken seriously.

i am curious to see the realization of the sword of truth. to see if it will look similar or different to the design in the books.

15. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Indeed you are correct concerning all of the violence and sex. Let's hope they use like say a movie channel such as HBO or Cinnemax. Let's hope they will take into consideration what Kahlan's eye colors are. Look at the Harry Potter Series....Daniel Radcliffe's eyes are blue in real life and it was said that when he wore contacts to make his eyes green he couldn't due to the fact they bothered his vision. I will keep an eye on the official website for more detail concerning the project.

16. volksmenner

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    another curiosity of mine is whether the sword of truth will look as it does in the book, beautiful as it is simple, or will they refashion the sword for a more glamorous "hollywood" appearance?

17. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Let's hope that they don't make the mini-series too Hollywood, besides if it is too hollywood-ish then in my opinion it won't be worth watching. Like say for instance they have Kahlan go in their looking like some young model with big boobs who looks nothing like the way she is described in the books then that would totally bite the bullet. As for the sword....who knows - I like it being something simple and something that Terry will help the director create. I don't want the movie to be all hollywood. Hollywood destroys peoples thoughts on what reality is. Just look at the Matrix movies and how they merge through the telephone. Well anyway...there are my thoughts.

18. volksmenner

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    is not kahlan [according to the writings of goodkind] supposed to be beautiful in form and figure. what would be so sacreligious for kahlan to be youthful with the beauty of a model [should the actress possess a talent for acting] not to suggest her breasts should be unproportioned, but i always envisioned kahlan as the modern archetype of feminine beauty ie. kate beckinsale.

19. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    True indeed she is beautiful but what I'm trying to say is the actress should be someone who IS familiar and has at least read the first book in the series. If not well....whatever that is the producers choice but I believe that would be a Great help to the person who gets the role.

20. Jorrit

Jorrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    damn.. one of the best books / series I've ever read... :D

Search tags for this page
aydindril pronunciation
how do you pronounce kahlan
how do you pronounce kahlan amnell
how is kahlan pronounced

kahlan amnell pronunciation

kahlan name pronunciation