Witchking armor

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Dark Lord Sauron, Jun 2, 2005.

1. realms-of-creation

realms-of-creation New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here are the latest pictures of my version of the Witchking upper leg harness, the gauge is all 18 except for the poleyn which is 14ga. Sorry but I have not had the time to attach the strapping so me holding it up will have to suffice. The greaves are not yet photo ready. This harness was made using the reference photos on the Fellowship extended DVD. Some details have my own artistic flair.

As for Truthseekers comments, I could not disagree more about the blackening, you are correct in saying that tinting is easy, obtaining the finish that I do is not, I take a lot of time to get that worn, corroded, patchy look with the brownish rust factor and clean metal shoing through, personally I think it adds so much to the look, anyways all you have to do is watch the movies or look at the stills and you can clearly see that the finish is far from clean steel. Jeff

The very bottom photo was added on 9/21/05, it is the newest version I am working on. Jeff

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  2. cuddy

cuddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice blackening and stuff but I checked out the site and not the real thing like Thak and Kropserkel. Looks like a knock off of their stuff to me and the witchking helmet is wrong.

3. realms-of-creation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are the second person who has just joined this forum to negatively critique my work, seems a little suspicious to me? Maybe I should have a couple of my friends do the same! My website http://www.steltercreativewoodworks.com speaks for itself. Jeff

4. cuddy

cuddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry dude. Was a little harsh. just trying to help. I am not part of some scam. Just a coincidence I guess. Best wishes in your armor endeavors. I really do like the finish.

5. cuddy

cuddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PS Am out to buy my own armor when I can save up the cash. Just checking what's out there before my big purchase. it sounds like I will be saving for a while.

6. kropserkel

kropserkel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice work Jeff.

The armouring / costuming world is certainly large enough for the both of us, and everyone is entitled to their preferences. Imagine how boring the world would be if everyone drove a red Mustang. Having each other around makes us strive for more accuracy and higher quality, and in the end, the buyers will win. Everybody is happy.

I would sooner not win over by insulting another's work, and I honestly like what you've done with your set. Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,

Scott Maple, kropserkel.com

7. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Welcome aboard, Scott.

We'd much rather have artisans and craftsman visiting our site to get along; it makes for a more constructive dialogue.

Skyanide

8. realms-of-creation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank You Scott, you made a day at the shop filled with hassles turn pleasant! That is much appreciated! Your work of course is what we all strive to achieve. Skanide, I could not agree more, Thanks! Jeff

9. Dark Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Sauron Lord of Middle Earth

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Whoa! That picture is completely different from the one I have (and better).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  10. HybridK03

HybridK03 KID A

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice work Jeff, keep it up!!

11. WitchyKingofAngmar

WitchyKingofAngmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that armor is amazing! It takes true talent to do something like that! :smurf:

12. SITH|DthAngmar

SITH|DthAngmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The www.steltercreativewoodworks.com armor is very nice, but I in no way could ever see myself fronting that much money for it although I really do want an authentic WK costume.

Just a little FYI for those of you who could never find yourself paying that much money for a replica. New Line has released the rights on the Witch-King Costume to be made by a popular costume company. Now although the black robes themself suck, and I personally made my own instead, and the armor pieces are actually made of latex, it's only 100 bucks. The good pieces of this costume include the gauntlets, the shoe covers that look like boots of armor and of course the mask.

You can view this costume by typing in "Witch-King Costume" on Google or on eBay. I bought mine off eBay for $90.00 USD. If you're not interested in the whole costume, they also sell just the mask for as low as $35.99 USD Buy it now. With a little altering (Cutting out the latex mouth piece) and reinforcing the latex of the mask, it is very true to life, and tbh it looks better than the Stelter mask. I also bought a authentic replica Witch-King sword off of ebay for like $25.00 USD.

Now I know it is not true to life, authentic, but it sure beats paying 4G's on some black fabric and painted Galvanized steel that someone else made and truly I agree the mask does not look that good.

I used an adult Grim Reaper-style robe with oversized hood I bought at Party City, a hooded black face shroud to cover my face I bought at Party City, and 3 yards of fabric I bought at Hobby Lobby that I tore the bottom edges on a lawnmower blade and tossed it in a small shopping bag (to get all wrinkled up) to get the tattered effect. I am putting on the final touches on it and will include some pictures for you all 2 weeks before Halloween.

13. SITH|DthAngmar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and if you want some awesome tips on making the armor for the WK, such as the boots and the gauntlets, check out http://www.deredere.dds.nl/Fantasy/LOTR/Ringwraith.html that has step-by-step instructions on how to create boots and gauntlets. The fabrics to make it authentic looking, ect. Very cool stuff.

14. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I found what you're talking about. Pretty disappointing stuff tbh, especially considering it's "the licensed" costume. NewLine should have given the license to Museum Replicas, like they did for all the other costumes. Their stuff is affordable and high quality.

15. SITH|DthAngmar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the costume itself is junk. The robes are tight across the chest, and they are hardly flowing enough. Something they should have made a childs costume instead. But the Mask is definitely worth it by itself. I'm gonna cut out the mouth and the latex hood though and reinforce it inside if it needs it. I mocked up the rest of the costume on my own. Long, flowing 2 piece Grim Reaper costume with those 3 foot diameter sleeves at the end and oversized hood. I have a hood with black face cover to hide my mouth and eyes. I used the directions from that website I posted to make gauntlets and Shoe covers, and I have an authentic sword of the Witch-King, which weighs like 15 pounds. Overall it should turn out pretty cool. I will have pictures here by the end of next week.

16. Partsandtechnical

Partsandtechnical New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey speaking of witchking armour....enjoy! These are ultimately going to be full greaves but for the sake of the immediate purpose they are temporarily modified as frontal greaves.

PartsandTechnical

Attached Files:

Search tags for this page
anyone looking to sell witch king helm
buy witch king armor
full size witch king crown helmet for sale
kropserkel armor for sale
kropserkel price list
lord of the rings witch king armor
sauron armor costume for sale
sauron armor for sale
stelter creative witch king