Will you buy Warhammer Online?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Foinikas, Mar 26, 2008.

?

Will you buy Warhammer Online?

1. Yes I will

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No,I will keep playing other MMORPGs/I will not buy it

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    LOL! Foi seems to say this 'cuz he can't win Met in this debate. :D tbh tho, imo Karl Franz is super lame compared to the better models. Orion definitely pwns him in terms of model not to mention canon as well. Mofo is so ****ing majestic compared to that Empire n00b... >_< And Orion is not the only one on the list. Phoenix Guard, White Lion, Sword Master... the list goes on. The banner is nice tho. It's just the way the armor is designed that makes me go wtf in the top 25.

Anyway, back to the game itself... I think it's a definite given that PG or WL will make the cut since they're the more notable guys in the High Elves army. Just which one will make the cut tho is something up to EA. btw, would u guys wanna see new factions in the possible expansions? I think EA will be dumb not to release an expansion if WAR is a success. I would want to see the Brets and Wood Elves in the fray altho the Beastmen would definitely make the cut if WE makes it thru. Skaven does have a higher probability to appear in the future expansions tho especially if the future story will still be focused on the Empire one way or another...

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    No. I doubt WE will be introduced in a first expansion, unless they add them as some sort of random faction of HE. Mainly because there are already 2 Elf based armies out there.

If they do have an expansion, we'll most likely be seeing the very unique Lizardmen or Skaven. Those two stand out the most and are quite different compared to the other races which in a way are quite similar to eachother in terms of looks. There is also a possibility of Tombs Kings being intro'd. You always gotta have undead and these guys do undead in style. For Undead most likely Tomb Kings over Vamp Counts because they look less generic.

3. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Depending IMO. If EA decides to introduce Beastmen into the fray and the expansion storyline goes beyond the Empire borders, then there's a real chance of WE making the cut. Don't forget the fact that the BM and WE are the no 1 sworn enemies with eacth other for N ages although I admit Empire comes close for the BM enemy list.

The only issue with this is that maybe the importance of WE can be stunted depending on how EA plans the future expansion canon.

I still remember the Nemesis Crown campaign where GW could have omitted the WE since the centre stage in on the Dwarves plus Empire and High Elves to a certain extent. But they chose to include WE in 'cuz most likely they want to be fair plus the whole BM threat in WH world can't be ignored by the WE on the whole.

On the undead issue, I think the Vampire Counts will most likely get the nod ahead of Tomb Kings because of the fact that they're closely linked to the Empire than the TK for any factions. Skaven could very likely make the cut by the next expansion as well due to the same issue they have with the Empire and to a certain extent, Dwarves as well.

Lizardmen... I think EA will be bidding their time on this 'cuz of the issue of they themselves not closely aligned to any factions. It's like the "we'll fight for the Old Ones and nothing else" kind of issue.

LM and TK are most likely the two factions most detached from the ongoing wars in WH unless something big comes up like what happened in the Nemesis Crown campaign...

Tbh tho, I don't think EA will add anything more than two new races per expansion, so very likely we'll see Brets and Skaven or Vampire Counts on both sides in the first expansion and BM and WE for the next one.

Now that I've thought it through, it think there could be the possibility of VC failing to make the cut for the 1st expansion due to the issue of the comparision between the mindless Undead and and canonically powerful Vampires. Which means things may go like this:

1st expansion new races: Brets and Skaven

2nd expansion: BM and WE

3rd expansion: LM and VC

4th expansion: TK and Kislev. (not too sure on this tho... :S)

4. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    First of all I reacted like that earlier because you guys(and especially Azuren)kept talking about the table-top game in whole posts although we do have a seperate section for that.A little off-topic is not bad,a lot makes me angry!

Anyway,actually let's just wait and see how well the game goes.I don't know if they have already figured out what to put in the expansions and how soon they will release an expansion.They will probably make the game so good that they won't need to release an expansion as soon as Blizzard did to keep people playing.I mean let's just hope that!

As for what Azuren said...4 expansions?Do you really think they'll go that far?If they go past beyond 2 expansions that might mean trouble or that the game is not sufficient enough.

Of course it could also mean that the game is so good people want even more stuff but...I don't know.For now I can only take Blizzard as an example.They released the Burning Crusade expansion too soon in my opinion because they thought that most players were tired of WOW and they just released the new expansion fast to prevent them from playing other MMORPGs.But the truth is that most people didn't make it past Onyxia to BWL or Ahn'Qiraj or even Naxrramas!Heck I don't know a lot of people who have been to Naxrammas!And then they just realeased The Burning Crusade and people got from level 60 to level 70 in a week!Many people did that!

And then they just kept adding more stuff with patches and changing the honor system and a lot of other stuff to keep people from quiting WOW.But it's all the same more or less.And many people didn't even get to Karazhan yet and now Blizzard will release the second expansion.Is Blizzard that desperate actually? :p

I hope that Warhammer Online will be much bigger and much better and that EA won't have to make expansions soon.

5. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I admit that there's the issue of a table top section, but then again, I've got the tendency to go random rambling. But I admit that I did try to keep to the topic. In fact, I'm not trying to be someone who is purposely trying to throw this entire thread out of topic... :S

That being said tho, on the issue of expansion, I'm not saying I'm wanting 4 expansions. It's more like I'm doing assumptions on the probability of appearance of new races. Not neccesarily I'm gunning for multiple expansions...

As for the expansion timing, I second what you've said. But tbh, if EA chose to screw up on this, all we can do as fans is to say "**** you EA" and nothing else... :(

6. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that's the problem.I have many EA games and they haven't proved as the most reliable or organized company ever.They like to make things more complicated than keep them simple be it in expansions,booster pack installement or acquirement or even their websites!

7. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but they obviously agreed to give 6 more months to Mythic, which is a good thing, means they aren't slaves to deadlines as i was afraid they might have been.

8. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's a good thing.Remember when WOW began for Europe?Most of the servers were collapsing all the time!:p

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Azuren, you're making the guesses on logic. Don't do that. We're talking about gamers here. Most likely many won't have much idea baout the canonical fluff of the WH universe. Therefore decisions on new races will be made depending on what "looks cool" or is "unique".

Skaven - the lol factor of being random mutatt rats on crack
    TK - Very awesome looking and imposing and have a range of stuff and less generic than VP counts.

Again, I don't you'll see WE mainly due to the fact we already have 2 elf factions (bad and good), whereas only 1 of the others (OK Chaos sorta human).

10. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I think it depends on how EA will shape the WAR canon in the future expansions. They may try something completely new or equally likely that they will take something vital in the WH canon into the fray. But then again, EA's canon for WAR is something that is taken out of the original WH canon in a certain sense.

tbh tho, I do agree that there's a certain probability for your assumptions for WE to go through. But then again, EA may make the freak move of copying Everquest in a sense that they may include all 3 elven races in the future.

The decisions to put it frankly, will be up to EA. But if we were to see the whole WE issue from the POV of both factions, then yeah, very possible that WE will not make the cut. Which basically will suck big time... :(

Btw met, who would u prefer to see in the final HE slot? My vote goes to WL.

11. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I think that we will see Dogs of War in the game before the expansion.

12. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand how they could implement that. Dogs of War are random mercenaries that are available to any army. They are not race bound or anything.

Azuren: I'm thinking Pheonix Guard just over WL. PG are so badass with their gimoosive halberds and Asyuran flame cloaks. They look so badass.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  13. Tamzen

Tamzen New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    No because they don't support my computer. I only buy games from companies that do crossplatform development.

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    They don't support your computer? Do you mean that your computer will notbe able to run the game or am I missing something here?

15. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps as some neutral force for the scenarios or siege stuff I guess.They are cool!:p

16. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    And so is Caradryan of the new HE models. That guy is also a PG possibly doing vital stuff in the future and I won't be surprised if EA makes the freak move to involve him in one way or another in the future expansions. His WS stat sux though. A stupid rating of 6 where I more or less expected something better. :S 7 or 8 would make the cut... Kohril also got a stupid 6 for WS as well. But then again, Caradryan got some really cool rules compared to Kohril, so all I can say is that it's not fair to WL fans like me... :(

Now that I've think about it, maybe things ain't that shitty since both are counted as Heroes. Caradryan can be a super broken one at that tho... but now I'll go back on topic again since Foi will kill me if I say anything more on the models section...

Anyway, do you think certain rules in the WH table top will make the cut to WAR? I seriously hope that if WL makes the cut, EA will put the Woodsmen and Lion Cloak rules into the gameplay. If PG makes the cut then I'll be looking forward to see if EA will put the +4 Ward Save rule into their gameplay for the future expansions since I think this is impossible right now given the fact that the game was in development way before the new HE models and rules came out... :S

17. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I seriously doubt they will put Wood Elves in the expansion.For the reasons Meteorain described in previous posts.It wouldn't make sense to put one more elf race and one that is not so important than other races in the Warhammer world.

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Lol I doubt they'll have stuff like "saves" in the game azuren. They'll probably have race specific benefits for certain items that provide additional armour or a special ability.

19. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    To Met: Yeah, guess maybe that could be the way to go on that. Either that or EA will try to copy the whole rolling save system in the Forgotten Realms PC games. D&D fans will jump over this if that's true...

To Foi: WE not important compared to other races? Lol that's lame. WE also played a vital role in the WH world power struggles. They are more of an underrated race than a so-called unimportant race.

True they may not be as significant as the ones in WAR, and refer to my previous posts on the WE making the cut, but the enmity between WE and Beastmen were well known and no less important than the other wars going on now. Not to mention that there is also the case of WE killing Orcs and Goblins for fun in a lesser higher profile basis as well altho I dunno the exact reason why GW chose to highlight it.

Equally notable is also their alliance with the Brets. Or rather, the Brets are the only allies WE have in a real way. In terms of importance in the WH world, I won't say they are like the ones in WAR, but against races like Skaven, Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts, they are at least as significant due to the reasons I've stated above. As I've said before and I'll say it again, WE ain't insignifcant on the whole. It's just that they're underrated... :S

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  20. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I will veto the Wood Elves as a new race in a Warhammer Online expansion.

No more Elves!No more Elves!More human races!No more Legolas-loving 15 year-old kids!