Will you buy Warhammer Online?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Foinikas, Mar 26, 2008.

?

Will you buy Warhammer Online?

1. Yes I will

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No,I will keep playing other MMORPGs/I will not buy it

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Will you buy Warhammer online?Will you play that game?Are you thinking of playing it when it comes out?

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Probably, because my friend is telling me to do so. Also have a slight reckoning it will be better than WoW.

Not to mention I have the basic interest in Warhammer the tabletop itself.

3. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Well like I was saying to a friend of mine,I'm tired of WOW.Not tired of the game itself but of playing all this time and haven't been able to get a lot of good items and go to raids and other famous difficult dungeons.Apart from that I'm tired of the people because let's face it about 60% of the people in the European servers are annoying.One way or the either be it a ganker or be it a guy from your faction,somebody will annoy you every time you play.

Now you'll tell me "The same thing happens with all MMORPGs" and I agree,but I just want to change game,to see if more mature or different people will play Warhammer.I'm tired of all those 13 year-olds playing WOW hardly speaking any english and calling you "noob" all the time when they do stupid stuff.

Another reason is that I'm tired of Blizzard's behavior both with the GMs (who hardly help anyone)and the countless patches that come with the game and the whole system of the game that forces you to play for hours and hours in order to achieve something that after a while will be of little worth.

Another reason that I want to play Warhammer is that I've known it's world for years and I like its style(especially the totally medieval Germany style of the Empire with many gothic and renaissance elements)and it's much more darker than that of Warcraft.

Another reason is that I want to explore new fantasy worlds.World of Warcraft is "through".It's over.We've seen all places over and over again.We've done similar quests over and over and over again,we've been to dungeons countless times and it has becoming a bit stupid and boring.I'm not saying it's not good.It's very good.It's amazing.I love it.BUT...after the second expansion,what are we going to do in WOW?They'll add a new continent.Ok.Some new stuff.Ok.New enemies.Ok.But the whole thing looks as if Blizzard is desperately trying to keep WOW alive when many people are waiting for Warhammer Online.

4. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well WoW got the Death Knight coming out.

For me I'll get WO because I've been into the tabletop for years and know lots about the background. I would to play a High Elf, but my friend wants to play "baddies" so I'll probably play some sort of melee character.

Most likely Chaos Chosen or Black Orc. That Dark Eldar Black Guard is looking mighty cool aswell, but unfortunately no info on that class.

5. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Well, I really don't know what to think of WAR; and I especially don't know with EA taking it up against Blizzard.

Ok, sure, Warhammer (tabletop) was a great idea. It was good. But, rumour has it, when Workshop wanted to take it to the PC, they asked Blizzard to do so. Still, their license was withdrawn for some reason or other (probably artistic lol), and Blizzard came with Warcraft AND starcraft.

And sure enough, now it's Workshops time again to take a leaf out of Blizzards book (there is no doubt in MY mind that WoW was instrumental in the development of WAR). It's nice to see some competition between the two; but I'm not at all sure about EA being involved. Still, Blizzard are masters in making games, whether or not they have streched WoW to breaking point. It remains to be seen that EA:Mythic will be able to put in that finishing touch that made WoW the leading game it is now.

Still, whether or not WAR (which used to be the abbreviation used for the Warcraft RTS games) will be great; people are getting tired of WoW. At the moment, there is no real competition for WoW, but once it arrives in the form of WAR, people, even whole guilds, might shift, migrate to WAR.

There are 2 things I am very curious about; the Beta and the system requirements. One of the things that makes WoW so successful is that it can be played on the most retarded of systems (videocard: 32 mb GeForce2, which was heavily outdated even when the game came out). This will be instrumental to the success of the game.

Will I play WAR? Maybe. If my system is up to it and I've got the time, I might try it. No decision yet, though.

6. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Heh - yeah. More and more of these joined, as time progressed. No one really has a clue anymore. I fear, though, that once WAR becomes "the next big thing" that all the kiddies will follow.

I have learned to avoid the nubs, though, by talking English. People unable of speaking (chatting) in English simply get left aside by me. And I do notice that some maturity is appreciated by a majority (though a shrinking one at that) of players.

7. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Hmm well...I always thought Warcraft RTS abbr. was WC since everyone uses it from what I've seen.

Yea that's a really cool thing about WoW. You can play it on any low spec comp. Hell the fact that mine plays it is testimony. Hopefully WO (Warhammer Online) is capable of being supported by fairly moderate comps, not necessarily low grade.

I am guessing though that many will move to WO just to try something new.

8. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Check your old hard drive. I haven't played Orcs and Humans, but Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness would open at the command "war.exe" and, in Warcraft III (Reign of Chaos) it's war3.exe, as much as The Frozen Throne goes both by the codes of TFT and war3x. And the people I know still refer to warcraft rts as war3 and tft respectively.

WC is either wailing caverns... or water closet :p

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Lol nah I'm pretty sure everyone now refers to the Warcraft series as WC. Starcraft respectively being SC.

Lol just because the exe file labels it one way doesn't mean others refer to it like that lol.

10. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Well for one thing WAR has amazing similarities with WOW but they have changed the names and terms of some stuff in the game.For example:

Honor becomes Renowed.
    Classes become Careers.
    PvP becomes RvR
    Battlegrounds become Scenarios

And if you see the careers,you get points for your "talent trees" after 10 level just like in WOW and there are tanks,healers and dps just like in WOW but with some or many differences.

If you check the Zealot career of the Chaos,you will see that he resembles A LOT to the Warlock of WOW.
    The Warrior Priest is the Paladin of the Warhammer world and the Bright Wizard is the mage of the Warhammer world.

Anyway,like a friend of mine said when we were about to start WOW:

"I don't think so(that there will be many stupid people in the game)because you need money to play it so not many stupid or annoying people can normally join".

Referring of course to kids and immature slackers who only know how to spam or say "noob".
    But unfortunately like Turambar said after a while many stupid people joined WOW.I mean if you just see the European servers they are full of Scandinavian kids that go like:
    "What I am go for to get this sword?" or "Kann du gief me 1 gold pls?I am want buy someting pls pls gief me..." etc.

But like Turambar said I am very worried as well about EA being the developer of the game.I can't forget their failures with the Battlefield 2 booster packs and the totally complex way of installing and patching and playing that stuff and the bugs that they haven't fixed yet.

Ok let's be honest,Warhammer Online will definetely be built largely on the model of WOW and it will be based on the style of many good MMORPGs but let's hope that they will learn from the mistakes and/or flaws of WOW and the other MMORPGs and make WAR a far better game.

WOW is falling apart.Yes ok I know that it has about 10,000,000 players around the world but Blizzard shows us that it's falling apart.First of all the people are very displeased with the GMs.They hardly help or do something when you complain about a character.Most of the times they will tell you to ignore a certain player and that they will "investigate the matter" and take proper action.And they never tell you if a player got banned,warned or nothing of those.They say it's Blizzard's policy not to reveal any information about that.

That's ridiculous!I mean...let's say there's a big fight with me and another player,he annoys me he calls me stuff or he bugs me in a way in the game and I report it to the GM asking for action to be taken.The GM will not tell what has happened after that.So how do I know that he actually DID something?

Also Blizzard is releasing the second World of Warcraft expansion in a few months.There's only been about a year since they released the first expansion.So they just raise the level limit to 80.Add a new profession...and a new...class?Wtf?Death Knight?Stupid stuff....

The majority of the people who play WOW haven't even been to Naxrramas,to Onyxia and Ahn'Qiraj and to be honest why would they wanna go now?They haven't been to Illidan yet.What makes Blizzard think they will go to Arthas?And if there are new and better weapons and equipment and generally stuff in the new expansion,why would someone want to go to Illidan and other now high level instances and raids?

One more thing that Blizzard has been doing lately is trying to let people get good equipment fast so that they don't complain.Tell me,isn't it very easy for a noob to get
    very well-dressed in WOW and get very good weapons as well?

And the endless patches will not save Blizzard.

People want a new game,new rules,new people and new enviroments.

11. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yea to sum it up, WO/WAR is supposed to be WoW...just...better lol

I think that's what they had in mind when making it.

12. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Let's just remember two things:

1.Warhammer existed far before Warcraft.
    2.Warhammer,at least for me,feels much more epic and dark.

It kind of destroys that image of stupid 13 year-old kids who play WOW and select Night Elves to play or give the dwarves a bad name by making them look too funny.

Another thing I wanted to talk about is the RP.In WOW whenever I RPed for fun and because I like it,people laughed at me or called me stuff just because I liked to RP sometimes.Yes I was in PvP servers but it's still an RPG game so...it just makes me so angry when people act as if they freak out when somebody RPs a bit just because he likes it.

When Warhammer Online comes out I think that 6/10 or more of the people who will buy it first will be long-time Warhammer fans who will love to RP or at least will have knowledge of the Warhammer universe.That's a good thing because they can share your enthusiasm and for me that's something very important!

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I meant WAR/WO is uspposed to be like WoW, just to clear up any misconceptions.

14. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    WAR better have a good World PvP, that's what i've been waiting for all this time -_-
    And there will still be kids 13yo playing WAR, probably as Destruction ;)
    But yeah, i will buy it, mostly because all my friends will do so as well and because i always prefered PvP over PvE.

15. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  16. Blackness

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I'll be playing a Black Guard and a Witch Hunter ;)

17. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I'll be tempted to go Sword Master or Shadow Warrior if I managed to get it, which imo is near impossible 'cuz of the finances and com req. btw, sucks to see that Wood Elves and the Brettonians failed to make the cut... :( And I know met will have a lot to say on the Wood Elves part. First time I chat with him in MSN, he stated that he's anti-WE lol! :D

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Why would Wood Elves make the cut? They are taking the most prominent armies in the WH world. Wood Elves aren't that prominent. They're like Skaven, Vamp Counts, Tomg Kings, Lizardmen. Important, and fairly well seen, but not prominent. Do you also really think anyone is going to play those girly looking Bretonnians with their epileptic inducing frilled clothing?

Man I so want to play a HE Sword Master. They are just so badass.

19. Blackness

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    But Skaven are cool :p

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yea Skaven are awesome, but you can't really stick all the different armies in now can you? As I said, for now they are sticking the most prominent races in the game.

Lightning Warp Canon anyone? rofl