Will the Limited Edition Andúril lose its value?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Anduril, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I know that the new Museum Collection Andúril will likely be coming out sometime next year. And I am wondering if this will decrease the value of my LE Andúril. If so, I would be glad to see mine since I know I could get over a thousand dollars for it. With the money I would likely buy the Unlimited Edition or maybe even the MC Andúril. Anyway, that's the main reason I bought the LE; for investment.

2. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Re: Will the Limited Edition Andúril loose its value?

Investment...

Well, I guess you want to look into the future. I will predict the price already dropped ad the advent of the ME, since there is a second chance to get your Special Edition Aduril. Besides, who is going to pay $1000 or whatever, when you could probably buy ME and have spare for UE. Then there is the question whether the ME is limited. If so, it will become most likely the Special Edition to have, and yes... in that case ME is the best investment. It is a numbers game. how many ME's will there be? 1000? 10,000? As long as the LE is more scarse then the ME, then LE will remain the version to have and vice versa. If both will be 5000, it is hard to tell what is going to happen. ME more beautifull to most, LE is and will remain the first and original.

In the long run, either LoTR is forgotten, or market prices of both will rise dramatically in the next decade or two. After all, these are (at least LE is) Limited edition, from the first wave of merchandising. And UC will be concidered the original product, with Anduril as the most significant sword in the collection. Think Star Wars...

3. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

I think that the MC line will be well over $1000, especially if they are fully functional.

In the long run, especially if the MC lines are relativly ulimited, the LE Anduril will most liekly be the most valuable.

Movie collectiables generally hold their value depending on the awmount made. Generally, to the collecting "crowd", a functional sword probably wouldn't be more valuable if a large amount was made.

4. Anduril

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I'll probably talk to my fencing coach about this.

5. Irish Ranger

Irish Ranger New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i have the LE i will get the MC as well, i was a little pissed off when they relaced the LE and then came out with the UE. now we have the MC but i think my self the it they do the MC Anduril i will get it and it will be the pinicle of my collection

6. Anduril

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

i think the LE should have been carbon steel.

7. †Magus†

†Magus† The Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I really think that there will be no limeted MCs because they are carbon steel and that tends to rust so you have to take extra care.