Why we don't need Bush

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Ranger_of_Gondor, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Dark Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Sauron Lord of Middle Earth

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree. If the US did not do what it believed right in the face of opposition we would not be the great country we are today. The fact of the matter is, the US went into Iraq and continues to fight there for the right reasons. We came to liberate the Iraqis from Saddam as well as to prevent a threat to our security.

2. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ranger_of_Gondor Gondorian Defender

Massachusets(The mostly Anti-Bush state. Hooray!)
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    What threat to security? Weapons of Mass Destruction that do not exist?

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    the fact that he harbored terrorists separate from al-Qaida, openly calling America his enemys, he's not the biggest threat we've ever faced but just because he's not Stalin or Hitler doesn't mean he's not a threat

4. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Nostradomis's predictions never ever were that precise. there are people who say he predicted Hitler, wrong, he forsaw a captain of Germany crossing a freakin river, none of what his predictions mean are ever "confirmed" until after the event has happened. I have a book of his predictions and he never predicts the end, he just stopped writing, and the only time that that would show for the world ending is circa 2063, that's quite a ways after Bush'll be out of office

5. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The abortion situation-Should and needs to be legal. As Legolas pointed out, it's going to happen anyway legaly or not. I saw a picket sign that had a picture of a baby and it said 'life'. Obviously meaning make it ilegal. But if that person isn't going to want that baby it's not going to live a very happy life. Bush needs to keep that legal and if he doesn't it's another add on mark on my "George Bush is a dumbass" list.

6. Harrison

Harrison The Best Beatle

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    RoG, why do you think that Afganistan was such a good choice and we should be spending time fighting there but you are against going into Iraq?

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I think his purpose for that position is that Osama bin Laden is still at large, although we got the Taliban out of power and Afganistan has had elections, whereas In Iraq there are still many hostile pockets and it's questionable that elections will remain on schedule. However I could be wrong.

8. Dark Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Sauron Lord of Middle Earth

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The purpose of the Partial Birth Abortion ban, in my opinion would be to promote responsibility as well as abortions. By the time a girl has to have a partial birth abortion, she would be well aware of her pregnancy. If she wanted an abortion, she would have had ample opportunities before partial birth abortion was needed. Also, babies don't just show up, you must make a conscious decision to have one. If we as a nation have become so irresponsible that we need to end the life of a baby simply because of our stupidity, then we are worse off than I thought. With reguards to rape, again, the girl would know of her pregnancy well before a partial birth abortion was needed, if she wanted an abortion, she could take a pill. Partial Birth abortions are never neccessary under any conditions.

9. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    We had a purpose to be in Afganistan. If we had not gone in there, he would be a threat. Saddam wasn't.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  10. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Here is another article in 'Why we don't need Bush':

.Money. Do you have any idea how much we have wasted on Iraq. Billions! This vaulable money could have been used on something good like schools, health care, and insurance. Instead it is being wasted on this pointless war. Money does not grow on tree. we can't just use it anytime anywhere. worst of all, oil prices are shooting up like crazy. With winter coming, it adds up. Way to go Bush.

.Obviously you Bush fans don't seem to care Bush is destroying our enviorment. He doesn't care for it. Unless we want no wildlife and forest.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    oil prices would shoot up reguardless, the resource is depleting very rapidly

12. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    You're right. I hate the enviornment. We dont need it. I say knock down the trees and build a parking lot, then buy the worlds population each 3 Humvees. Ill get my axe. Somebody tell me where my local Bush campaign is meeting for the daily tree cutting ceremonies. I say we dont even use the pulp, lets just dump it in the ocean. We dont need that either.

Somebody go tell Saddam he's free too. I guess since he hasnt killed anyone lately and only advertised his funding of non Bin Ladin terrorists he isnt dangerous to anyone. Be free little Saddam... John Kerry and Michael Moore love you!

13. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Did I ever say Saddam should be free? That is the one good thing that has come out of the war in Iraq. We still don't have a purpose to be there though.

14. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Based on current known oil fields and current rate of use: If demand increases by 3% per year (around .5 Billion barrels) we have plenty of oil to last 75 years. This is assumung that another fuel hasnt become equally viable or that we dont discover new fields or new ways of accessing presently unusable fields.

http://www.eia.doe.gov

15. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    There is heavy debate about that point, Kartaron. Remember that our demand is still on the rise, and with China knocking on the door of wealth, it is bound to rise even quicker than foreseen. And there is debate about what could be counted as reserve. There are people saying we will be out of oil in no more then 6 years, and well-known scientists among them.

But on a different point... Take a look at the list given here. I must say it is very interesting...

16. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Another article in 'Why we don't need Bush'

.Bush didn't actualy get the most votes in 2000. I wish they would actualy just count up the votes. That doesn't seem very fair. We are able to vote on who we want in office. Majority should rule, but it didn't.

.Bush at one point said "Operation Iraqi Freedom" was a success. Yeah right. More like a sloppy mess. Iraq is a huge mess and and is completley out of control. We are still losing troops and there is still chaos breaking out. If it's under control, why are people still losing their lives?

.We are not doing a very good job contrling teriosm in Iraq. How can we stop it if we are only making things worse by attacking? For no reason? Bombming and invading and killing isn't a very good job of making peace.

.I'll say it again, Iraq was no threat. We attacked them. A country that was no threat to us at the time and it may not ever have been. Iraq and Afganastan are diffrent places, just in case you didn't know. Hmmmmm.....how about we think!

.Bush blames Iraq for 9/11 when 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi.

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    dude just give it a rest, he won and there's nothing you can do to change that, so if it's really that bothersome for you no one's stopping you from leaving the country, less you live with your folks, then you may have to stay but it's really not worth whining over, Bush won Kerry lost end of story, maybe if four years you'll get your way

18. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm hoping I get it my way next time. The country needs some fixing up and these next 4 years aren't going to help.