Why we don't need Bush

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Ranger_of_Gondor, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    well you could say that about anywhere else in the world...Is Vietnam still a threat? is Germany? you went to war with them once!

2. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Does Germany or Vietnam have hatred towards America? Or at least do they show it openly as much as the Iraqis?

3. LOTR Fan

LOTR Fan Universals v. Particulars

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Legolas - I am sorry that you feel as though I was patronizing you, that was not my intention. Although I have a hard time believing that one living in England can be as objective as you would want me to assume; your prime minister is obviously a big part of the JOINT war effort. This whole stereotype that it is America vs. the rest of the world is just ridiculous; how do people get dupped into believing such nonsense, a number of countries have joined in the common effort to see freedom prosper on earth.

4. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    That's one of the things that makes me so angry....That our Stupid Pm went to war without the peoples Consent.....i was anti war from the beggining and so was everyone in this country but our Pm went against everything he stood for and went ahead and did it...and it is only now that he has begun to realise his mistake.

5. Dark Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Sauron Lord of Middle Earth

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Bush sticks by his convictions and does what he knows is right. That is the most noble thing a human can do. I heartily agree with Lady_of_Shalott, the terrorists are nothing more than cowards bent on using any means possible to win. They have no honor and any "cause" they were fighting for has been so warped by there evil methods that it is now unrecognizable. Any comparison to those animals and our men and women in uniform is a disgrace. Those people in Iraq and Afganistan gave their lives so that we could have the freedom to write on this forum, watch a movie, work in the occupation we choose and many other freedoms. Very few politicians stick to what they know is right in the face of opposition. Kerry would probably do whatever the public wanted, even if he knew it to be wrong. Bush would not and I have the greatest respect for him.

6. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    what would you have preferred him to do? say "Children, thousands of people just died because people hate your country." that would be used just as much saying "Bush traumatized the children" I'm not saying he's the best president we've ever had, and yes going on vacation in such a time was fairly irresponsible, but he struck hard and fast immmediately afterwards. and so what if he wasn't ultimately set in an absolute speech while taking time to remove some stress, I doubt many people are, I don't know about you but I certainly wouldn't be

7. jake1964

jake1964 Old enough to be your dad

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -1
    I wouldn't exactly call it worship. I don't know if you have any siblings or not. But, it is kind of like kicking your brother's ass. It's ok for you to do it, but you don't want anyone else to touch him. You may know your sister's a slut, but if someone else called her that you would be pissed. Good or bad, he is the leader of our country. We may or may not like him, but right now he's in charge.

8. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. Every day Saddam was firing missiles at our aircraft patrolling the UN created 'no fly zone'. He was funding terrorists and he openly considered the US an enemy. Meanwhile we have troops rather well protected in germany and vietnam has been pretty quiet sine 1976 (after they massacred the South Vietnamese).

9. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ranger_of_Gondor Gondorian Defender

Massachusets(The mostly Anti-Bush state. Hooray!)
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm tired of this preechy Bush is a good man. sure when he says he's going to do something he does it, doesn't mean that action is a good one. Someone please tell me what we have goten out of Bush being in office. Most of the world hates him, so why you Republicans like him is quite strange. I'm having trouble beleving polls saying much of the world was on Bush's side on invading Iraq. You see, Republecans will make up lies and bad thing about their opposing canidate because they will take greater lengths to get people to see it there way. They are much more likely to lie politics wise.

10. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    first off that's a broad stereo-type all politicians lie frequently is another. second Mudslinging is common on both ends. Saying Republicans are always worse is just ignorant.

11. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I understand the point he was trying to make, Radagast. I simply disagree vehmently. Yes, both sides are fighting hard, but any comparison to people like that, and saying that we are just going to give up is wrong. Like Dark Lord Sauron pointed out: "any cause they were fighting for has been so warped by their evil methods that it is no longer recognizeable". Murder is not a cause.

They have a "feeling" that we a retaking over and that we are desecrating the holy land or whatever. Fine, they can think that. It's not true, and most of them really do not think that. If they think that they are freeing their homeland of us by ramming planes into buildings, well, that is not patriotism.

It's not going to come to that point on our side. There is no "yet". We are going to take the rest of them out before that happens. What exactly are you saying here? If we keep trying to take them out, they're going to get even angrier, and so they'll attack us more? You think they'll not attack us if we stop attacking them? Just exactly who started the whole conflict? They did. They'll laugh their heads off if we were stupid enough to back down now.

12. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I didn't say Democrats didn't lie. But Republicans are more likely to lie.

13. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I don't know about that. Michael Moore digitally altered newspapers for his movie. MoveOn.org ran a half page ad in a local paper here saying Bush wanted to bring back the draft (despite everyone involved in the military saying they don't want it, and despite the fact that the last person to want to bring it back was a Democrat). Al Sharpton claiming african americans lost the right to vote in florida when public record shows them as having a higher turnout than whites.

There are extremists on both sides. Some republican groups out there have said Kerry wants to make all abortions legal and things like that.

I do however think democrats do much more pandering than republicans. A democrat is more likely to say or do whatever it takes to be elected. A republican is more likely to stick to their principles (whether or not you agree with them).

14. Dark Lord Sauron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nobody is perfect, but without morals to guide us, what do we have? As for the invasion of Iraq, even senator Kerry voted for it, so it was not a purely republican decision. Ever heard the saying "Hindsight is always 20-20", now that we have invaded Iraq, everyone can criticize based on information we did not have access to before the war. Both campaigns have said statistics, quotes or examples that are taken out of context, but Kerry has certainly done it just as much, if not more than Bush. If Bush is not a good man, who is? Truth in politics is a very rare thing, and being guided by morals is even more rare.

One of the main reasons I favor conservative as opposed to liberal viewpoints, is that liberals seem to believe the government should do everything. From paying for healthcare to paying for living expenses and higher education, all well not raising their taxes. When Bush instituted his taxs cut there were large outcrys from wellfare recipients that they recieved nothing. They didn't pay any taxes, but they still wanted free money. Bush advocates a little some thing called RESPONSIBILITY. Much of America needs to step up and stop expecting the government to do everything for them. They need to work to buy their own healthcare, their own living expenses and their own college education. The fact that Bush is re-elected makes me glad, since to me it says, "I still have personal ambition and I do not expect for the government to pay for my life."

15. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I think the making abortion illegal is stupid, because girls will still do it they'll just go for back street abortions and die in the process.

All I can say is Nostidamus (however spelt) predicted that the world would end in 2006 and he's probably right...oh well never mind I don't really care anymore anyway I live in England so what America does has nothing to do with me, with a bit of Luck The U.K will join the EU soon..oh god please soon.

16. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Bush does not pay enough good attention to his own country. He instead is focused on Iraq. But as president of the USA I think he should be more worried about the U.S. then Iraq. America as we know it is doomed.

17. Dark Lord Sauron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have never said I agreed with the war in Iraq, but, as I said in my last post, "Hindsight is always 20-20". Now that we know most of the facts we are able to say "you shouldn't have done that." The fact of the matter is, John Kerry voted for the war as did most of Congress. Based on the information they had at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. Now that we are in Iraq we have no choice but to see our efforts through to the end. We cannot just leave. I hate that our brave men and women are dying over in Iraq, but there is very little George Bush, or John Kerry, were he were elected, could do to improve our situation in Iraq. The only thing that will doom America is people's stupidity. When people lose all personal ambition and settle for government subsidized everything, then we are truly doomed. The re-elction of George Bush has proved to me that we have some ambition left.

18. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    You said it Dark Lord Sauron.

And you know RoG, you complain Bush doesn't pay attention to the US. You complain he doesn't pay attention to the world. You complain he only pays attention to Iraq. I just don't see how you can logically arrive at that conclusion. He went into Iraq to protect the United States and the world from a cruel, madman dictator. We went in there to protect the Iraqis from that same crazy man.

19. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    And now the world needs protecting from Bush.

20. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Indeed it does.