Why vote for them?

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Foinikas, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Ok I don't understand American mentality but I find it really stupid for 2 people of the same party to fight for who's gonna be the candidate for presidency.It's not the fighting.It's the whole thing.Hillary and Obama were exchanging insults for months trying to persuade the voters to vote for them.So I'm just asking you,with all logic there is in this world...after all the disputes,debates and the mud thrown by one to another...why would anyone want to vote that party in the end?Why?Why why why?What's the reason,what's the logic...what's the ...it doesn't make any sense!I'm not saying they should vote for McCain,I'm just wondering why would ANYONE want to vote for that party when for about 1 year Obama and Hillary had been trying to prove to the people how corrupted,insufficient and unable to handle the affairs of the country their opponent was.

2. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well because a lot of it was nonsense, and people know this. Hilary back then got on the bandwagon with bashing Obama about his links with Pastor Jeremiah Wright, because of the comments he had made on the September 11th attacks etc, however, the same pastor actually helped council Hilary and Bill during the whole Monica Lewinsky scandal, yet she fails to bring up her 'links' with him. Obama most certainly knew this about Hilary but didn't bring it up. A lot of crap was thrown around but I think it is clear that Obama was more dignified and respectful than even Hilary, who I was surprised at concerning the things she came out with sometimes. But at the end of the day, as long as it's not another four years of Republicans, then I think America can breathe a sign of relief and hope to straighten their act up (politically).

3. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    tbh tho, I dun see Obama being able to beat McCain. Last time I heard, his popularity was on the par with that old guy. Also take note of the experience issue. In fact, it's due to the latter that I'll most likely vote McCain if I'm an American. Not that much of a choice to make anyway given my phobia for Reps due to the Bush regime. :S

4. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah McCain now THAT'S an option!Doesn't know what Shiites and Sunnis are,doesn't know history,probably doesn't even know where Iraq is and hopes Iranians die from the tobacco the U.S. are exporting to them.

5. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    lol well here's waving a flag for Obama, and yet another flag to hope it makes the slightest bit of difference.

6. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Nobody's squeaky clean. Now they've dug everything up and it's out in the open, there aren't any surprised the Republicans can pull out. Don't you feel better about them knowing that some of the best and sleaziest experts in the world have been looking for a whole year and THAT'S the best they could come up with?

7. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Lawl as I've said, I've got some Rep-phobia after what Bush had done. tbh, if Obama is fairly experienced, then I'll say Obama for prez. Problem is that he lacks experience and that can come back to haunt US. McCain, well, I'll say that altho he's a Rep, but I won't go ranting and raving over his shortcomings like what I did for Bush. Main reason is that he's no idiot in listening to Bush's shit. If he felt that Bush is going the wrong way (as it was like all the while), then he would stand up against him. Now that's an art of courage if you ask me.

And I don't think n00bish bashing is encouraged here lol! :D

8. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    In the end it's gonna be the Americans' choice to choose their president but unfortunately sometimes their president affects a big part of the world.Can you imagine Bush being the king of a country?

9. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Oh man... can't imagine the shit if that was to happen. :S

10. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Just imagine having George Bush Senior as King for 30 years,then his son,then his daughter as queen married to McCain.Hereditary stuff.George Washington would get up from his grave and start chasing them all!

11. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Looolll not to sure about Bush Sr. But Bush Jr really screwed the country. As for the McCain comment, tbh I don't think he's that dumb. :p

12. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Either way I wouldn't want either of them as King.Or president!Not saying I would want Hillary to be President too.And I know I can't trust Obama either.Wait a minute...I don't even get vote for them,I'm not American!It's no as if I have good options here too.We had the same political party ruling us for about 20 years,full of corruption and stupidity.Now we have another party ruling us for the last...4 or 8 years?Oh man I lost the count!

And these two are like the Republicans and the Democrats.They say the same stuff,they support the same stuff they want to make "reforms" and instead raise the taxes.Most common reform is raising the taxes.And imposing new ones.And bulding roads which cost like 5,000,000 Euro in the papers and some guy who happens to be a friend of the minister,member of the parliament or of the ruling party gets the deal to build it.Money disappear.People starve.And they keep voting the same morons.

25 years and I haven't seen another party ruling the country except from these two.The next most "popular" party is KKE the Communist Party.Wtf...then there's Coalition of Radical Left.Even worse.Then there's the party I voted for,which I'm starting to have doubts about considering some of the stuff the president has said(he just tries to persuade everyone he's more leftist than the leftists while he's supposed to be a right-wing person)and some members who are considered unsuitable for political life taken in the party or proposed to join the party.

But hey...at least we got options.All Americans have is Republicans and Democrats.And it's so ridiculous because Republic and Democracy mean the same thing actually.

13. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you're right on the last part. I don't really like either candidate to be the prez. That's pretty much screwed not to mention that in US, unspoken rule is that you can only vote for either the Reps or Dems. Really sucks. :S

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Lol I think McCain is a war nutcase, so if I was American I wouldn't vote for him, but hey I'm not so vote for him if you want. I'm just stating my opinion. I would vote for Obama. I think he's more the guy you can trust and could actually make a difference. Maybe I'm just being a dreamer, but one can only hope, right...

15. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Lol we all know that Obama is about reforms and I like what he said tbh. Problem is, does he has the ability to walk the talk due to his lack of experience? That's also the reason why I think US has an uncertain future where the prez is involved. I don't really like McCain tbh, but he's got the experience. Obama said a lot of interesting stuff, but I dunno if he can follow it through. That's why I've said in my previous post that I don't want either to be prez. It's too risky especially when US affairs more or less affect the world.

And yeah, I agree with Anakin that McCain's a war nut. But tbh, he's the only Rep that got the guts to stand up against Bush and that earned my respect for him at least in the area of guts lol! :D

16. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I did not have sex with that woman.Miss Lewinsky.

17. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Lawl is that suppose to be a pot shot at Clinton? :p

18. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm not saying anything....

19. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    War-monger doesnt even begin to describe the guy who sang 'bomb bomb bomb, bomb-bomb Iran'

20. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Lawl was that Bush or McCain that you're talking about? :D