Why is murder wrong?

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Anduril, Dec 27, 2004.

1. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    This may come as a shock, but murder is right ... because we make it so. "It was self-defence"; "he was sentenced to death so we had to execute him"; "they were the enemy, we just did our job"; "heretics must burn"; "all black people deserve to die" (NO OFFENSE MEANT , JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT); "jews are evil, let's exterminate them" (AGAIN TRIYNG TO MAKE A POINT). Does this ring a bell?

2. Jules

Jules New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It dosnt, it never did- thats why wars start, thats why human beings are incapable of total harmony. Its the inability to accept or even acknowlege the beliefs of another culture. Which to me isnt wrong...how can one accept something as harsh as terrorism???

3. Jules

Jules New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    btw...sorry for barging in....im new...can someone help me...i dont no how to put on a pict. or a quote

4. Jules

Jules New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh and that comment i made about human nature an what not- sorry it has nothing to do with anything- i thought i was replying to a comment on a whole different page. Sorry- its my first day.

5. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Not unless you're talking about the lonely old man in Topeka.

6. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    You lost me there. What old man?
    Anyway, what i was trying to say is that we allways find excuses for our deeds, even for an act such as murder. We pretend it's never wrong to kill a fellow human by invoqueing laws, politics, religion and so on

7. WarpedTower

WarpedTower Ferahgo the Assassin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are taking the life of someone. If you kill someone you make other people suffer "If you take a life of someone you destroy the world of another, if you save a life of another you save someone's world" I think that is how it goes.

When you kill someone you not only destroy other people's world but think of the preson you murdered stop them from having another joy like christmas and stuff. The preson you kill will have no more joy he/she you killed will only have joy again in another body.

I have something else to say. The bible says "Thy shall not kill" right? well when someone kills another and gets the death sentence who pays for killing that person? I mean if you kill someone in death sentence do you go to H E LL?

Hey, do I get a point for my thoughts or what?=)

8. Anduril

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It would be more accurate to say "You shall not murder". The King James Version from the renaissance says, "Thou shalt not kill." But that is not to say that the KJV is inaccurate. Words change over time. The word "sober" used to mean a person was clear thinking; now it means he is not intoxicated. The original hebrew word meaning is more like our word for murder instead of just killing.

9. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The confusing translation has been corrected in recent versions. NKJV, NIV etc.

I believe this has been corrected at least a dozen times in the debate threads. Im suprised it comes up so often given that there are numerous people in the Bible commissioned by God with the task of executing offenders.

10. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Ya see, that is where I believe I see eye to eye with you, I mean say someone killed my brother or sister...what could they expect? a pat on the back? Honestly, find me someone who has never sinned per se.

11. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I will have to agree with you also, I am white, I will automatically be able to relate to let's say other whites. it is just how i am. I also think that it is not just a black and white thing (as someone has already stated) because if someone attacked me, then I would not just let them go through with it without doing something to prevent it i.e. self-defense.

12. World builder 316

World builder 316 Ceasar of the Hobos

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I am definintly not on the side of the terrorists, and I believe they should be killed or captured, but I believe that the ones who were on the planes thought that what they were doing was right, and the only ones who are truly evil are the ringleaders who abuse the beliefs of religious muslims and twist their religious ideals to where up is down and down is up.

13. SEVENWOLVES

SEVENWOLVES GET READY FOR PUNISHMENT

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    murder is wrong.period!

14. CanadianRCist

CanadianRCist Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just kill the Sons Of B****es the second you see em" :faceit: :faceit:

15. Lady Dark Moon

Lady Dark Moon Goddess of Black Magic

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    it's all about which side you're on. because of human blindness, the terrorists think that they're on the good side, but we think they're evil. there are two ways to look at every concept. it is my belief that murder is the slaying of innocents who are utterly helpless and can do nothing to fight back. but I also believe that murder does not exist during war. what one side does to the other will be no worse than what the other side does to this.

16. Anduril

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well, from what I know, Bin Laden is pretty sure that what he is doing is right. But what is it that makes us right and them wrong (on this specific matter)?