Why Does Dumbledore trust Snape?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Nienor, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I'm inclined to agree with you Unraveller. While I'm not saying it was right, what would have happened if Snape had not killed Dumbledore? If he had joined Dumby then, they both might have died. But now, he is in a perfect position to cause havoc in Voldy's ranks, and is also in a great position to leak info to the Order. And remember how Snape mentions how it would be hard to fool the dark lord, with him being a superb occlumence? Well, Snape is also a superb occlumence.

2. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Sorceress of Amyratera

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think that dumbledore is just a trusting guy, cuz otherwise even a huge thing couldn’t have changed his mind. after all, snape basically caused lily & james’ deaths.

3. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Sorceress of Amyratera

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how can you think snape is a good dude?????? HE KILLED DUMBLEDORE!!! he could have saved himself AND dumbledore quite easily, cuz no one else was doing anything.

4. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Snape is a good guy.

Earlier in that book Snape & Dumbledore have an argument where Snape wants to back out of something and Dumbledore won't let him. I believe that thing is killing Dumbledore.

Dumbledore always says that there are worse things than death.

Any doubt over Snape's alliegance to Voldemort is erased by that act (how can the Daeth Eaters claim he's a tr****r, after he killed the onje wizard whom Voldemort was afraid of?) Remember, Dumbledore pleads with Snape right before Snape kills him... Harry assumes that he's pleading for his life, but I believe the opposite.

5. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    He could not possibly have defended himself, a wandless old man in less-than-perfect physical condition, and Draco Malfoy from all those Death Eaters. And even if he could he'd be on the run from Voldemort thereafter and lose any influence in the enemy camp. This way, his influence is strengthened.

Search tags for this page

why does dumbledore trust snape