Why Chris Weitz WHY??

Discussion in 'Twilight' started by Sevi, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I watched New Moon the day before yesterday and I was very disappointed. I didnt like it at all :(

First of all I think that they shouldnt have put a guy to direct this movie. Catherine Hardwicke did a wonderful job with the first movie because she created a wonderful atmosphere and the feel of the book. Twilight may not be a masterpiece but it is what it is. A love story between a vampire and a teenage girl. Noone minded the awful effects cause it didnt need any effects! The director as a woman could express the feeling of a young girl in love better than any guy no matter how talented he is!

Spoiler Alert!

The movie was boring with the plot to be really sloooow. The actors kept saying the same again and again which in the end made me end up laughing when they said "I want to be with you" or anything like that. There was no atmosphere, the scenes were flat. Nothing made you feel any emotion. The soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks this year, but I think it was too alternative for this movie and it didnt fit with the scenes well. Also the music on the background was very bad at times, irritating at others and sometimes really irrelevant with the scene.

SOMEONE SHOULD FIRE THE COSTUME DESIGNER OF THE MOVIE. I mean please. What was Alice wearing? Who dresses up like that??

Also I dont know how they managed but they made Edward ugly in most of the scenes :(

Though Jacob was hot.....

And Bella seemed like she needed a shower throughout the whole movie.....

The fight scenes in the end were great, which is funny cause the only thing that was good in that movie wasnt in the book in the first place...nice...

Ive been waiting for this movie for a year. Thank you Chris Weitz you did a crappy job </3

2. Ilaelin

Ilaelin The Mother of Dragons

Hades with the rest of my evil friends...
    Ratings:
    +206 / 2 / -0
    I have to admit I thought it was ok, not great. I think they stayed pretty close to the books. But for the love of all that is good what the hell! I have many if not all of the same issues as you did Sev! Alice oh Alice all I could think of is where would she get that god awful outfit when they met the Volturi? I mean really, wtf? My biggest pet peeve was the eyes. The are suppose to blend in with human society. I kept thinking they looked like Michael Jackson at the end of Thriller! Oh I could go on and on! I'm just happy someone else agrees! Chris that pretty much sucked! Soundtrack was good tho!

3. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Haha! That really made me lol! I didnt like the colour of their skin...instead of pale they were kind of grey..

4. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    This movie was jokes.

ALSO RICHARD IS <333 AND I LUV HIM

5. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Who is Richard?

6. Mem

Mem Mosh Warrior

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Meh, it was ok. Ok, tbh it sucked. :D The only good thing was Jacob with long hair. <3

7. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Signature! I used to have him in my siggy until it got too full, lol

8. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Jacob was one of the movie's good things I agree :D

Sorry I cant remember!

9. Kally

Kally Driving my own destiny.

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    I actually thought it was better than the first one...=/ I mean it wasn't spectacular or anything like that, but I didn't think it was terrible. The scenes with Jacob were my favourite...*go team!*... and the scene with edward at the end where he takes his shirt off... I was looking forward to that bit... WAS. I saw it and thought, "Eeww..."

The only thing that REALLY ruined it for me was all the people in the cinema with us, wolf whistling when you see Jacob shirtless, soaked and generally drop dead gawjus. <//3

10. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Not about the movie :/ More about your signature, Richard from LFG.

In retrospect, my post was pretty unclear since I wrote it at like 4 AM. lol