Who's in charge of the FAQ?

Discussion in 'Comments & Suggestions' started by Unraveller, May 18, 2005.

1. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Not in any way a complaint but I've been noticing a huge number of newbie questions along the same lines in the last couple of months. Like most other people I've been assuming that they just didn't bother reading the FAQ and have helped out when I've felt like it and left them for a Mod (ok, ignored them) when I haven't. Just for the hell of it I checked up the FAQ today for one of the most frequently asked ones (How do I get an Avatar?) and found a complex but incredibly uninformative answer. I know that the FAQ menu comes with the software but there have been several very good posts made on the Forum (walkthroughs in some cases) giving instructions on how to do it. Is there any way someone in authority (Skyanide? Nienor? Turin?) could put one of these in the FAQ and we could feel better about being mean to these poor n00bs when they ask annoying questions?

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    *sigh* tis me. But since we have a rather limited staff here, I don't always get the opportunity to answer every question.

Sometimes I do hope the problems just go away. ;)

3. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    So stick it into the FAQ so we can just give'em the link and then flame away...

4. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    If we're going to do that, you also ought to put in something about "how can I get banners?" Some people keep asking the same question in about 5 different threads and don't bother to read the answer.

Ditto. :D