Who's going to wait for the DVD set?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kal-EL, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Kal-EL

Kal-EL New Supes costume sucks

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have not yet bought a single LOTR DVD because I want to wait for the complete set. I'm hoping it'll be out for Xmas '04 but it's so hard to wait!!!! I'm going crazy!!

Is anyone else waiting for the whole set instead of buying one DVD at a time?

Of couse, I'm speculating as to whether or not they are making a complete DVD set, but they have to don't they?

2. Draven_of_the_Shire

Draven_of_the_Shire Defender of the West

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure they will Kal-El, but while you're waiting for the set, you're letting all of the sweet collectibles pass you buy, such as the Gollum DVD, the Argonath statues, and the Gollum sculpture from Weta. (That is, assuming you buy the Gift sets.) I myself have bought them both to get all of those collectibles! I will get the ROTK gift set too for whatever bonus it comes with.

If they do infact release them all as a special super set and include a REALLY sweet bonus, I may have to break down and buy it too though... I know, I'm sad...

How can you possibly have gone this long without buying and watching Fellowship or Towers. That is some inpressive willpower you have! :)

3. Kal-EL

Kal-EL New Supes costume sucks

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have watched them, on loan from a friend, but i'm not ready to spend $100Canadian on each gift set and then spend another $300 on the complete gift set. My woman would kill me!! Plus I own two LOTR swords as well so I'd be in big trouble spend that much more money. All I have to do is convince her to let me buy Anduril.

4. Draven_of_the_Shire

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :D ha, I see... I was gonna say, for you to go that long without atleast watching them would have been near criminal!!! With that kind of willpower, I think I would have to liken you to your avatar!

5. Nathan

Nathan Wielder of the Flame

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sad, I bought the watered-down theatrical release DVDs of Fellowship and Towers, and I have both Extended Editions (Not the gift sets, those were too expensive). But I'd like to see what they'll do in the next year concerning RotK DVDs and whatnot. I'll probably grab the original cut first, though, to watch something as I wait.

6. Draven_of_the_Shire

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm the same way as you nathan, I had to break down and buy the bare versions first to whet my appetite.

7. Ymina

Ymina New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ditto for me too. I haven't bought a single DVD yet either. (However I have a wonderful step-brother who is letting me hold on to them until he's ready to watch them again.) When the complete set comes out I hopefully will have the money to buy, if not I'll just burn them from my brother. :D

8. elvenarcherinarms

elvenarcherinarms Fellow Archr of Mirkwood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, like most of you, I too am another crazed fan who most-definitely cannot go waiting.. I own at least one copy of each theatrical cut, and then each extended cut [however, not the gifts sets :( regret settles in]. But.. depending on how very cool the ROTK Gift Pack is? Which I'm oh-so-sure it will be.. I think I'll have to have that one ;) ....I figure the Trilogy Set will only be a group pack of all three extended cuts? Although, I'm sure they'll include something exclusive to work on our minds and bend our will towards their inevitable purchase. Gosh darn it! Who invented marketing strategies!!@? :D

9. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    maybe with the ROTK gift set we will get a minas tirith statue

10. Aiwendil

Aiwendil New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have heard that the extended version of rotk is going to be something like 6 hours long. that would be imense, you could tell the movie had been heavily edited so hopeful this will turn out to be true.!

11. Ymina

Ymina New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We can only hope that this is true.......... I'm still disgusted that half the stuff I was expecting in the theatrical version was omitted. (ie: SAURUMAN!)

12. elvenarcherinarms

elvenarcherinarms Fellow Archr of Mirkwood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was mainly looking forward to three things: the Battle of the Pellennor, Shelob & the Cracks o' Doom.. AND I was satisfied on all accounts :D But uh? The Paths of the Dead could have been improved.. Other than that, I was satisfied with what I knew would be in there ;)