Who's beating Sheriam? (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Unraveller, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Sheriam walks into her tent, is shielded, told "you were supposed to keep me informed" and beaten.

Who dunnit? Who are they working for?

The two main suspects as I see it are Haligar and Delana. Simply because we know they're both 'on the Dark side'. BUT statistically speaking there must be several more BA in the camp, I think 5-10% is the agreed upon figure.

Minor suspects are Lelaine and Romanda, of the two I lean towards Lelaine, she seems more evil somehow.

2. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sheriam is not nesseccarly being beaten by a black sister, and I believe that the majority of the blacks remained in the tower by Alvarians orders, she does not expect the rebels to do too terribly well.

3. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    So who do you suspect? Lelaine? Romanda?

There are some Blacks in the Rebel camp, one is even a Sitter for the Brown, Delana. But the majority were probably kept close to home.

4. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would go with Lelaine, as they are both blue.

5. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    meh, I'd go with delana or halima. But i would lean towards delana, she has a nice little thing going thst no one knows she can channel (I cant remember if she can channel just the true power or sadar aswell), why ruin it when she can get delana to do the dirty work.

6. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Haligar can channel both saidin and the TP but none of the FS except Ishydin have used the TP since he was made Nae'blis. They didn't like using it before. That's why he/she went to such lengths to get Logain out of the picture.

I think Lelaine is the more likely, unless I'm mistaken she's the Head of the Blue Ajah and can command absolute loyalty as a result. An AS would rather die than go against Ajah policy or reveal Ajah business. Whereas if it were someone of another Ajah Sheriam would have raised bloody murder.

The question remains; why?

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Would it not be a possibility that sheriam is a darkfriend? afterall beatings like that arent really commonplace in tower polotics. I just assumes she was BA and her beater was, or a high ranking darkfriend, so i dont think respective ajahs matter in that case.

I could be wrong though, iI could be easily wrong.

8. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Of course, it's the popular belief. Personally I think it's a red herring, RJ loves confusing us. I mean it's the obvious conclusion but since when has RJ made anything obvious? There are little things that don't add up.

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    ah yes, very good observation.

The darkfriend explaination would be a likely and predictable one but it could be something else.

Maybe Sheriam is a spy for elaida or someone in the white tower, maybe alviarin but she doesnt know alv i BA. This is a little unlikely because how would elaida's lackys get to the rebel camp without travelling (its safe to assume the beater is an outsider otherwise they would know everything anyway, and theyve just gotten there and foound out a detail sheriam didnt report and got angry(a reason why im not too fond of lelaine as a possibility)). Obviously if they could travel elaida might know which she doesnt, or the person has kept is a secret for personal gain, thus perpetuating the BA possibility.

Anyhoo if its not darkfriend business and not white tower business then I'm stumped on the matter.

10. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The beater is a sitter, or following the instructions of a sitter, and if Sheriam's spying was black ajah business, at least on her part she would not have offered to keep the sitter informed as is indicated, she would have been ordered to.

11. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    "You were supposed to keep me informed."

She was ordered.