who's afraid of the big bad [strike]wolf[/strike] global warming?

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by volksmenner, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Mububban is largely correct. We should always be careful, though I've heard some people who are so keen on sacrificing everything for the planet, that they're willing to prosecute people who drive too much. Basically, they turn it into a scare tactic for whatever cause they have.

Unfortunately, there are so many people on either side of this issue that are unwilling to listen to each other and realize that maybe not everyone who disagrees with them is wrong or of evil intentions. I am often guilty of that I know, and that's why I tried to carefully listen to scientists on either side of the issue.

2. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    you made a lot of sense. all the same, i am confused. when you refer to toxic gases, do you include among the list, co2?

3. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 blue is my favorite color

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Did I say I was worthy? No. Because I know I'm not. I said that I was saved and excepted in Heaven, which is very different than being worthy. (And p.s. im not catholic, so my religion doesnt say that I have to be a "saint" to go to heaven. I'm babtist, which means that we revolve around mostly, the verse in the Bible, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotton son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life")