Who will die

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by Aragorn rocks, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Lady Dark Moon

Lady Dark Moon Goddess of Black Magic

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    lol that would save Rowling a LOT of trouble

2. The Shire

The Shire ~Immortal Princess~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Harry and Voldmorte will both die of course!...it's the only way for the wizarding world to be save if Voldmort dies and the only that Harry will be with the people whom he loves and misses deeply like his parents, Dumbledore, and Sirus.

3. Pensive

Pensive Music House Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Voldemort will surely die. Maybe Harry and Voldy both will die.

4. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    *sigh*...

I'll repeat myself:

So there... That's settled...

5. Aragorn rocks

Aragorn rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't get why people say both of them will die it says in the 5th book ONLY 1 WILL DIE

6. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    And now, with the 5th and 6th book out.... Let's see.... Here's MY predctions on what's gonna happen next (and who's gonna die and so on...)

Now that Ron and Hermionie have confessed their love to each other, they are very expendable... so they will die...
    Harry will be saved by or.. WILL save Draco Malfoy in some twist of fate (foreshadowed by how HIS father saved snape)
    Dumbledore will come back (there is SOOOO much phoenix and rebirth stuff surrounding him it's not even funny.... so it would make perfect sense if he comes back from the dead)
    Both Harry and Voldimort will die by each other's hand.... It would just be ironiclly corect somehow....

Yeah... that's about it.....

7. Vaniel

Vaniel "That Man"

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I wan't Harry to die, lol

Ron is CLEARLY going to die aswell

Hey, the book was meant for kids at book 1. Those kids that will be reading books seven aren't kids anymore.

8. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I don't necessarily want Harry to die, but I think it would certainly be unexpected, and realistic. Unexpected because while people here predict he might die, if he was to die, and Voldemort didn't, who can honestly say they wouldn't be a little shocked by that? Realistic because Harry is a 17 year old boy with no particular magical strength, and Voldemort is the most powerful wizard on the planet. In a one on one duel, Voldemort should win.

9. Harbringer

Harbringer New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    i think in the end they both die.. i cant wait for the next book to come out!!

10. Jof

Jof New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think Voldermort will die, as said it is a childrens book so Good has to win over Evil. Yet on the other hadn JK has said that there is no way she will write any other books about Harry Potter. This signifies that either he will die or take some post that will keep him out of the way (rules Auror out) I believe that as the youngest Seeker in however many years he will become headmaster. This would tie things up and make people happy. As the sicth book says Riddle wanted to be the teacher but he was too young without enough experience. Harry on the other hand appears to have more experience than any other to do with Voldermort (certainly Proffessor Mcgonagal) and as such would be prime for the post.

11. breds

breds New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    That sums it for me also. I do feel its gonna be a rollercoaster ride.

12. Wing Rider

Wing Rider Psychotic Cybernetica

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    One of my friends claimed he's read Book 7, and said that Harry and Voldemort both die, they both cast Avada Kedavra at each other and kill each other. Well, I know that's not true now, so I think I'll make HIM die.

13. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I hope you laughed at him, Wingie... as that's the biggest loda shit I've heared in a few months. JKR is know to let only a very select group of people read her work before it's published. I'd say 5 is a good estimate, as we know she has an English as well as an American editor. Even her own husband doesn't even get to read it - not in this phase at any rate. And he's a writer himself. And this is all in the final stages of the book - which'll take at least till December, or so I reckon...

No really, the last interview I read, which is about a month old says JKR was about halfway then. Yes, she has written the final chapter. She admitted to have made two changes to it. But she keeps it secret - only she has read it so far.

Who will die? well I suppose we can renew that question, as JKR has said that she'll let at least 2 significant persons die in book 7. I go for Ginny and Ron - that way Har and Herm will end up together in the end :p

14. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, that's certainly an outcome I would prefer :p

15. Raven Black

Raven Black Ishtari Fangirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I think Remus Lupin will die. Especially if J.K. Rowling kept the weakness of Werewolves being silver. (She's never mentioned it)

Did anyone besides me notice Peter's hand is silver, which...again, not sure if Rowling kept the weakness, but yes, weakness for werewolves.

And there has GOT to be a showdown between the last two living marauders. Otherwise, blood will be spilled.

Yeah, bets on Remus there.

Secondly, I just..want Harry to die. Not because I hate him, but just to kill him, and turn the whole world upside down.

My mom was going with the Dumbledore coming back to life idea, her proof is that Hagrid carried a big bag into the funeral, and you don't really see Dumbledore's corpse at the funeral. I would *like* that to happen, but frankly, I don't think it's going to happen.

But I'm liking the Ron saving Harry idea, even though it's sad. It makes sense though.

So...Remus and Ron I'm saying for getting the axe. OR! "And then a comb flew in, and everyone died. The end." I would be horribly mean and end it that way...hee hee hee.

16. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Raven... sorry there, mate. But Rowling said, I think on her homepage, that Peter and Remus won't have a show-off in the end. She said that it was quite smart, that she could have done it taht way and all, but, in fact, didn't. So there you are.

Though I agree that nuclear holocaust scenarion would be a dramatic plot twist. JKR: "Har, didn't see that one comin heh?" :D

17. Raven Black

Raven Black Ishtari Fangirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ...Don't be sorry! I'm happier now.

That showdown has been a small fear since the fourth book, and it's been growing for a while, so I'm glad to find out I'm wrong there.

That just might be like her. "And then...and then....oh, I'm tired of writing this. *Boom!* They all blow up and the end."

>.< Ah well.

Hmm..now that Remus not in as much danger, probably one of Harry's close friends, Ron by the look of it.

That's just the best motivator, death of someone close to you. Then in the final showdown you can have the line, "Hello, my name is [Insert name other than Inigo Montoya]. You killed my [insert what type of person was killed]. Prepare to [die, be defeated, be thrown into oblivion, etc.]"

It just isn't an action/adventure/romance without a scene from The Princess Bride.

18. BaD_BoY

BaD_BoY New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i would like to die Harry....
    but she sad she will not kill him :(

19. Hermione Malfoy

Hermione Malfoy Pureborn and Proud

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Well first off Voldemort is the only one we can all be sure of dying.

My other list follows thus:

Ron; I used to hate him but he's grown on me so that mean I bet he'll kick the bucket... and that chess scene in PS/SS stank of foreshadowing.

Remus; I definitely don't like this character he bores me to sleep. I think he'll die nobly though. He might have Tonks but its clear he still yearns to be with his old friends.

Severus; whether for good or ill I think he'll die. I don't want him to; and I'm seriously hoping that he is the character that Jo said she saved from death in this book. But I doubt it.

Draco Malfoy; *sniff* yes, dear Draco who when it came down to it couldn't kill a defenceless old man. I think he'll die fairly early on in the book.

Molly Weasley; I think she'll join the fray and get killed.

Percy Weasley; yes, he'll die, but I am not sure on what side he'll be fighting on; I think he might become a Death Eater and be the one to kill his mother and his brother.

One of the twins; possibly Fred. I think that it would be silly if they both died... but one would give it that air of tragedy much more so.

Bellatrix Lestrange; Neville Longbottom will kill her... he might even do that Princess Bride scene... "My name is Neville Longbottom; you tortured my parents to insanity; I will kill you now!"

Sadly I also think Neville Longbottom will die in the process; again I don't want him to but there you have it.

People I think will live:

Harry; because as the Narrator in George of the Jungle said; he's the hero he can't die.

Ginny; she's going to provide Harry with the family he so wants. (Yes I love Ginny and Harry I think they are definitely more suited and have a lot more in common than Harry and Hermione do... Lord Voldemort being in their minds and controlling them for one; and Quidditch for another; Harry'd be a whole lot happier with Ginny than with Hermione!) Besides if Ron dies and Harry marry's Ginny he could be like Ron's replacement; and they can have an army of sons all called James, Remus, Fred, Ron, Neville.... blah, blah... what can I say I'm a sucker for a happy ending!

Hermione: She'll survive to prove a point that just blood doesn't determine how powerful you can be. I have high hopes that scene in PoA where Snape protects Hermione more means that Severus will die saving Hermione... I think it's too cliched for him to jump in front of Harry time and again. She's a muggleborn and she'll survive become Minister for Magic and place a few reforms and tidy up the mess.

The rest of the Weasleys; who'll all go their separate ways.

Luna: I hope she ends up with Charlie Weasley. I somehow like that pairing. I also hope she's Ravenclaws heir.

That's about it for the time being.

20. watermaid

watermaid water dragon rider

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ok i have been told that the book is now available as an e-book. also to prepurchase at wal-mart. j.k. has said two major caracters. so i am thinking along the lines of hary, ron, hermonie, snape, luna, and others that were on more then one movie/book more then once. i agree with the ones of you that think dumbledore will comeback somehow. but i also think that just because j.k said that she will not write a book about harry anymore does not mean she will not make one with harry in it but not about him or with him the major caracter. i know in my hart and because she said so harry will not die. but i hope that he will finally finish valdimort off forever.