who gave the best/worst performances in ROTK

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mrtoxic, Jan 4, 2004.

1. dak

dak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought as a whole the casting was rather well done. I think the hobbits were particularly well done although I will confess that I did find Mr. Wood annoying at times as Frodo but that could easily have been directing.

I think Sir Ian was much better as Gandalf in ROTK than he was in TTT and I was very pleased with Theoden.

2. Anduin

Anduin Numenorean

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Best: Viggo Mortensen, Sir Ian McKellan, Bernard Hill, Elija, and come on Meg...Miranda was great as Eowyn!

Worst: I thought that they were all good but if I really had to say....I guess I'd have to cast my vote in on Liv Tyler. I just alway's see her as the daughter of Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. I just couldn't get past it.

3. amondray

amondray New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well remember part of the reason sir ian was better in ROTK is cuz he just had a much bigger role. He had more screen time and many more touching moments. For example his speech to pippin about death just being another part of the journey. I thought that was amazing, and sir ian did a wonderful job. In TTT he didnt have as many of these moments.

4. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i think that Elijah and Sean's performances were awesome, Sam gettin run down by Frodo with the whole "he's poisoned u against me" and Frodo sending him off, that touched me, cuz then Sam is far from home and abandoned by his only true friend, and stuck upon the brink of the worst place to be (minas morgul). Then Frodo's creepy style when they got to Mt. Doom. Also Viggo, Miranda and Liv did a great job of their portrayals. The best overall was Gimli and Legolas, cuz they just look the part. And Cate's Galadriel couldn't have been done better by ne1 else in my opinion. And Ian is the epitome of Gandalf.

The only part i disagreed with was Hugo... he was too jerky at times; even when he gave Anduril to Aragorn, his neck popped back and forth during his speech like a chicken. And he was such an @$$ throughout the movies, especially on the subject of Aragorn (i dont remember Elrond not liking Aragorn THAT much in the books), and when he basically sentenced Frodo to the task of destroying the ring while talking with Gandalf about the strength of men, the greed of dwarves and the flight of the elves.

Everyone else did great.