which book character do you admire most? why?

Discussion in 'General Books' started by meteyus, Apr 1, 2009.

1. meteyus

meteyus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    simply out of all the fantasy books you have read what character is your faveorite and why?

2. meteyus

meteyus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    my one is difficult as it is out of two

Erik Von Darkmoore

from Reymond e feist books...he isnt what you would call a main character he is in the serpant war saga the most and i like him as he is strong and he is able to carry on through a war seeing his friends die and he doesnt harden up,plus he is like me and has a little bit of a temper >_<

the second would be tyler ser noche fromn James clemens god slayer chronicals as regardless of all the bad that happens to him he doesnt give up and he doesnt stop careing about his friends

3. AmyLynn

AmyLynn New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well I'd have to say Alanna from Tamora Pierce's Tortall boooks.

She is the main character in the small series Song of the Lioness then she has smaller roles in the other Tortall books. She dresses up as a boy to become a knight when women weren't allowed to do such things. She has to deal with bullies, an evil Duke whos trying to kill her prince, turning into a woman, and Love. None of that stops her. She sees it through. Shes strong, independent, and will stop at nothing to get what she wants :)

4. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Tamora Pierce's main characters are a little too Mary Sueish for me.

I gotta say Granny Weatherwax of Discworld, or possibly Sam Vimes. They're both very admirable. In fact Discworld is full of admirable characters... I'm not sure if even those two should be settled on...

5. Kaine999

Kaine999 ┼╫£ §₧£§╫µ⌠

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I would have to say Nobby Knobbs is my favourite, of all time, hands down, anyone who needs a certificate to be counted human, has gotta be a pretty cool character.

6. The4thMusketeer

The4thMusketeer New Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Gabriel Syme from The Man Who Was Thursday, simply because I share much of his worldview, if not his religion.:)

7. AmyLynn

AmyLynn New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    *shrugs* to each his own.

I just thought of another character (I have to many favorites to pick just one). Mo from Cornelia Funke's Ink trilogy. Anyone who can make characters come to life just by reading their story is cool in my book!!

8. meteyus

meteyus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

>_< its true the bit you said about too many favorites to pick one -laughs- im like that too >_<..i have many more i could choose like..."Rek,the earl of bronze" from david gemmells legend. or "hal kalias" from dragonmaster trilogy...

O.O though im guessing alot of people will have the problem of choosing from all the characters they like lol:draught:

• Like Like x 1
  9. aury

aury former doubleposter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I love jimmy the hand out of the riftwar saga and aurian from maggie furrie's books

10. Jorick

Jorick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    One of my favorites (like the rest of you, too many to pick a top 1!) is actually from more contemporary fiction rather than fantasy. Odd Thomas from Dean Koontz's book series of the same name is a great character. He's got all sorts of paranormal stuff happening to him, but he's still a quiet, humble, down to earth guy like myself.

Another favorite is Vin from Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. After reading the books, I had dreams for weeks about how cool it would be to be a Mistborn. :rolleyes:

11. meteyus

meteyus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    haha yes >____< i always find myself dreamng of being someone in these sorta books....though wierdly i never die when in reality...well i probably would lmao

12. Jorick

Jorick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd be too interested in playing with my powers for the sake of fun and then get beaten to death by an angry mob after I don't save the world or whatever. Or I'd just mess up and die WHILE playing with the powers...

13. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    ^ This.

14. Raraldor

Raraldor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    that is almost exactly how I spend most of my free time lol, most of the time though it is replaying a battle I've drempt in where I actually did die o_O lol

my favorite is Pikel Bouldershoulder, because he is different and he is funny :p

but as far as admiring goes, I think Drizzt deserves this title, because he has overcome his heretage, and took it all in stride when he was thrown out

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  15. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I admire Cersei Lannister most, for her cunning. :rolleyes:

16. Thy Fearful Symmetry

Thy Fearful Symmetry New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Inquisitor Glokta from Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy, a man who has been roughed up by life but who carries on regardless, overcoming his own physical limitations and ignoring other people's opinion of him. I find his cynicism quite amusing, possibly because I find an echo of it in my own personality.

17. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hard question!
    But probably Ben Adaephon Delat from Steven Erikson's Malazan book of the fallen. He's awesome, quick thinking, intelligent, powerful and not an egotistical jerk. He's fun and cares about his friends and his timing is impeccable xD Not to mention handy. Plus he's a Bridgeburner. Enough said.

18. Kally

Kally Driving my own destiny.

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Connor and Grace Tempest from the book Vampirates. Purely because they're twins and have lost their home and family, then when they run away, their boat gets caught in a storn and they get split up, one goes to a pirate ship, and Grace goes to a Vampire ship.. And they manage to carry on and find their ways back to eachother... I really have to get the next book..

19. Priv8eye

Priv8eye New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sam Vimes is one, and Lord Vetinari is another. Both are almost opposites of each other, but both kinda want the same thing, evenif they go about it totally differant ways.

I would love to have the insight and understanding that Vetianri does.

20. Of-war-and-wishes

Of-war-and-wishes Princess of Darkness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dustfinger from the Inkheart Series. I don't know what exactly it is about him, but he isn't the prefect guy. I don't like characters that never do wrong because they are well...boring. Dustfinger fails and I still think he's amazing!