Where can I get a Palantir?

Discussion in 'J.R.R. Tolkien / Lord of the Rings' started by Saruman, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Saruman

Saruman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know about Palantirs?
    I've been searching the internet to try and find a company that reproduces the Palantir as seen in the Lord of the Rings movies, but can't find anyone who does. Does anyone know where I can get one? Has anyone else been looking for one? Maybe one of the prop replica companies should consider making one as their may be a market for them...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  2. deathharbinger

deathharbinger Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, theres this place i know of, its called "Colonial bowling alley"

haha just kidding, but no, i have no idea, does you know about saruman's staff?

3. ufgator

ufgator New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    actually you're right. Get a custom bowling ball made that resembles the palantir.

4. Nathan

Nathan Wielder of the Flame

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone else think that the palantir changed size between Two Towers and Return of the King? I know it looked bigger in Pippin's hands because he's a hobbit, but it seemed bigger in Aragorn's and Gandalf's hands than in Fellowship or Two Towers.

But anyway, I think it'd be cool if the bowling ball could change colors on its own and we could hear Sauron's voice speaking to us. :D

5. Draven_of_the_Shire

Draven_of_the_Shire Defender of the West

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually there is a site that makes some FFVII materia... one of the bahaumut's looks an aweful lot like the palantir! Not sure on the size though...

6. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This is interesting. How is this related to LoTR W & A. Post in the right forum. Moved to General Tolkien and LoTR.

7. Saruman

Saruman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What are the Palantirs?
    The Palantirs are 'seeing' stones that were brought into Middle Earth by Elendil and his sons from Numenor. There were seven in total... most of them passed away from Middle Earth, except for 3 stones. There remained the stones in Minas Tirith, Orthanc, and Minas Ithil. The Palantir of Minas Ithil was too thought to be lost, until it came into possesion of Sauron after the capture of Minas Ithil (lately known as Minas Morgul). The stones were forgotten about through the ages, never used by anyone until Denethor II and Saruman the White. Sauron now had the chance to take complete control over both Denethor and Saruman, and use them in the war of the ring for whatever purpose he wanted. Denethor wasn't of much use to Sauron, and eventually he went mad, however Saruman, the greatest wizard of Middle Earth would be very useful. Sauron corrupted Saruman, and turned his mind to war and evil doings. It was Saruman's interest and fascination with the Palantirs that led to this, had he not messed with them he wouldn't have turned evil. Therefore the Palantirs were a very dangerous weapon, if not the most dangerous as they gave Sauron a direct view into the mind of anyone using them.

8. LBenyamini

LBenyamini New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is the best reply I think I've ever heard, well put...

9. Narya

Narya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
Search tags for this page
buy palantir lord of the rings
buy palantir lotr
buy palantir replica
lotr palantir for sale
lotr palantir replica

palantir bowling ball

palantir lord of the rings replica