When there is something more between heaven and earth....

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Forgotten Realms, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Forgotten Realms

Forgotten Realms Human Version of Drizzt

Emerged from the Underdark into the Light
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, I really do not know how to begin with. I never thought of opening such a thread when I started here back in December last year. Somehow I felt misplaced, partly misunderstood as well. I was thinking about what to say about me, what not - how to behave - what to do?
    In the meantime I got some nice friends here who encourages me to be what I am and how I am, even if it might be a delicate undertaking. In the short time I have been here, I have seen different reactions of different people on things that correspond to the norm. That made me a bit afraid, afraid of being e.g. rejected. I know there are places for me here that have an open ear and welcome to help: I say greatly thanks especially to Emelie. Thanks for being here and sharing with me, helping me, listening to me, talking to me.

When I remember those threads like the poll, if you believe in ghosts or the question if someone would prefer saving rather a dog/pet or a human. I have not your mind, I am not like you, I am other.

I have never felt like most of you do ... I am otherkin. Most people may say that otherkin are people who believe that their souls is not quite human ... Well, it is just to say it more cautiously: My soul is not human but is captured in a human body. It took me so long to accept that my wrapping might be of some importance as I fled my body most of the time by doing astral travelling. It must have a sense somehow, at last.

Sometimes I have difficulties in grasping human morals or ethics and probably ask silly things, that perhaps might be logical for you. Thanks for the patience of so many here who helped by answering me. It is not that I am not interested. I am - very! But it is a phase of learning, a phase of adaption but not without losing myself. Sometimes all are thin lines that so easily blur or blocks that so far drifted away that they will never be able to be joint.

I would like to better express myself, even if it might sound strange, my ideas, my opinions, my laws I stick to without being laughed at or discriminated in any other way.

I am not like a walk-in, I am more the genetically person. Perhaps better not going into deep. I am sure that I will get to know to my friends and I will answer them when they would ask me.

Well, if I will never do it again (writing my inner mind as so expressive as I have done now), it is worth a trial (thanks to Emelie again, making me strong and comforting me :) )

Well, and now the hardest bit of this thread. I would like to know how you react on all this - I know that in many cases I already can answer the question myself - but (even if some words might hurt) I now where I am up to. I would see if here could be my place in the long run and that does only work when I know that I need not hide so much of myself.

Sorry for having spammed a whole thread :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Aww, you're so sweet Forgotten! I really hope you don't get a lot of bad answers to this one, cause you don't deserve that! You are a wonderful person and I hope people can accept you for who you are!
    It's also very brave of you to come out and say this! I know it was not an easy task for you.

I hope you will get lots of good responses and interesting questions! =)

3. Silvermune

Silvermune New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if I quite understand everything in this thread forgotten because I am a little on the sleepy side, and I'm not the brightest person. But from what I read I do hope that you are implying we will see your opinions/ posts more often possibly?
    Now I'm going to be very straight forward about this next part, otherkin, you say your soul isn't human but is captured by a human body. I'm a strong believer of reincarnation/reborn just something that's stuck around with me since I was little. How would your soul which you say is non-human be different than ours? I don't mean to mock or offend I'm just curious is all. Would it be that at one time say in a past life you were not a human but was reborn as one? also how would it differ from a humans? :] I look forward to hearing a response if I dun mean to be completely oblivious to it just a term I've never heard before and sparked my interest. Also I don't think anybody would laugh at you or discriminate, if they do shame on em. You always seemed really nice to me from when ya pm'd me after i first joined here so definitely looking forward to what you have to say :]

Sorry if i repeated anything, almost time to sleep for me.

4. Forgotten Realms

Forgotten Realms Human Version of Drizzt

Emerged from the Underdark into the Light
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Emelie, you have been always kind to me and you too, Silver.

If you believe in re-incarnation, Silver, I have to say: yes, I have been re-incarnated in a wrapping a have not chosen...not really. There exists a lot of beings from ancient times that never left the earth, beings that are usually called non-existent for being non-human.

Of course there are - I would rather say "small" differences - in comparison with human people depending on what kin you are and what type of kin you are. As a genetic type I have brought some things along with me.

I have a deep empathetic feeling for other beings. Being deep envolved with nature, I like to communicate with animals and trees. As living beings they are able to "speak" and express their feelings as we are all from the same source, just owning slightly different vibes. Moreover, I am capable of healing myself. Most problems with my environment cause that I am slower aging (when I was 40 people still took me for 28) and me having extrem vision but extraordinary night vision.

I do not know if this is any response you were looking for, my friend. Hope we might learn from each other some way :)

5. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    My first reaction was pretty much the same as Silvermurne's, so you just answered the questions that came up immediately when I read your posts. Please don't be offended, but all this sounds a bit... I don't want to say arrogant, as this word is far too extreme and offensive. Let me just say that what you wrote is a bit difficult for me to believe. I'd have to see you, get to know you or just get some sort of proof in order to be able to believe you. That does not mean that I think you're crazy and want to prove you wrong - quite the contrary: Your own perception of yourself sounds very interesting, even though it first sounded quite far-fetched for sceptical people like me.

6. Silvermune

Silvermune New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That is interesting I've heard similar things not sure if it relates in the far past, having strong empathy towards people though is something pretty common in even 'humans' though wouldn't it be. I know I am known as an empath though I don't enjoy it a majority of the time. I've heard something about 'ancient' beings or so at one time or another on say a different plane as ours?, but can't remember enough clearly to even bring things up like that.
    Firiath you never know :p Nothing wrong with being a skeptic course, and some things are hard to believe. I still have the mindset of having to see something to believe it but I have also experienced things that most people wouldn't believe me of so this sorta stuff intrigues me :]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  7. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    You have trouble grasping "human morals"... uh, which ones?
    If in the 'Drowning Man and his Dog' thread you chose to save the dog... then you grasp moral dilemmas in a way that someone would who lacks empathy and compassion. There is a hierarchy in life, all things are not created equal and each one of us is responsible for deciding how that hierarchy is structured in our own lives.

Furthermore, you are not an "otherkin", you have no soul, you are not reincarnated from past lives, and astral traveling is sort of like bending spoons with your mind... that is it's nonsense. At some point, either through mental illness or personal decadence, you have fallen way out of step with reality. This world, and the universe it exists in are amazing beyond any human comprehension. So why do you feel the need to embellish it with new age nonsense?

Really, to be completely honest with you... you sound like an incredibly self-indulgent person with perhaps some mental problems. I could be nice and jump on board with everybody else and shove flower petals up your ass, say it's all going to be okay and we're all a little crazy, but If you actually believe you're not quite human that tells me your not quite sane either. There's nothing wrong with a little insanity unless you lose yourself in it. There's also no shame in getting some help from a professional. And you my friend, are in need of a professional.

8. Silvermune

Silvermune New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    little uncalled for don't you think Sparrow?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  9. LadyoftheGoldenWood

LadyoftheGoldenWood Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    Sparrow; you are not a person I know well in the least, I am a blunt person and respect your bluntness as such, but you might need to learn the art of tact as my mother ingrained into me. And if that was you being tact full, learn a bit more of it. None of what he is talking about is new age anything; the things he is talking about have been in practices four hundreds if not thousands of years and practices quite often by monks. So get your facts straight before you spout off about shit.

I am a Christians and am way more open minded then most; my faith in the bible and God will never change, no matter how much my mind is opened over the years. I have had many in counters for which some people would dare to call me crazy for, as in. Literally being attacked by sprits, being possessed; I got in a fist fight with two of my best friends when we did the remodel of a apparently haunted building that we knew had strange going on's; but they really did not like what we where doing there. Call me crazy, but I had a real true black eye the next day from it and Becky a bruise on her back form the door I apparently shoved her into. And that is only one of the strange events I have been part of. I have carried on conversations with people who where not physical, and I promise you I am not insane. I got counseling when I was seventeen for abuse I suffered and deprecation and she did not write me off as insane nor did the man who Certified my ADHD and neither did my mother or ANY of the students she was studying with to become one of those professionals when they used me reputedly as their Ginny pig for class assignments of all sorts of metal testing, questioning and even Rorschach; I took that damn thing so many times I was starting to make shit up cuase I was sick of it and i still did not come out on the crazy end' of anything.

Your right on one thing, what you said about this world being amazing beyond any human comprehension; but how the hell do you know that what Forgotten is talking about is not part of that? I do believe it took a deity to make this world, how they chose to do it, it is not my place to say, all of the power in the cosmo's around them is foreign to all of us as well is everything seen about the human soul, spirit and being. its one thing to not agree with a person, its another to be a narrow minded and not allow yourself the chance at a friendly discussion on the matter to quite possibly broaden your horizon even if only a little.

10. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    When I was 16 I met a boy sort of like you. Except for the healing and slow aging thing. He talked really weird, about love, nature and the world surrounding us. We used to go to a small forest near where we lived at night, and claimed he saw beings like elves or fairies surrounding us. One time I also heard small footsteps near where we seated and I still cant explained what that was all about. One other time we were sitting on a tree so he tried to climb higher and he slipped but instead of falling he got held by the tree's branch. He said that the tree didnt let him fall... That was weird. He used to say lots of other things, like one time he saw a little girl's ghost. They talked sometimes. She wanted to travel the world. Also he said that he could travel in his dreams. Wake his subconscious or something and visit other planes. I used to beleive him. I was fascinated by his stories!
    But then the years passed and we lost contact. I found him after 7 years and talked about it. He said that because he was with a girl for the past 6 years he had almost closed the door to that life and only left a window open in case he wants to visit i again one day. He also said that he never lied about anything and when I asked him about death he said he is not afraid of it cause he knows what is all about.

Anyway over the years my life has gone from worse to worst and I gradually rejected anything non realistic. That makes me very sad, cause when I beleived in things like that I was so much more happier and life was so much more beautiful and magical. So I really would like to talk some more with you. And a question I have for you is how old are you?

Also Lotgw and Forgotten if I were you I would ignore Sparrow because being provocating and insulting is just his style.

11. LadyoftheGoldenWood

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    Sevi, I think one of the worst things in the world it to lose the ability to see the known known or allow your self to day dream about it. Like I said, i am a chritian, but my faith is much braoder then that, I do beleive the Bible is to and any and everything I have seen within spiritual incounters has only strenthened that. I think it is a great folly the way the Church often clsoes the door in that area and that many principales and teachings with in other area's are in fact very true and can be used to a Christians advantage. There are many things that I see that most people cannot see, but the fact is, I am not the only person in my life that can see them. I have long term highly trsted friends that can hear and see the same things as me; so I know for a fact I am not crazy. There is no such thing s a shared pyhcos(sp) on this level, most of all with people in other counties as well as people in my face to face life. Life is hard, yes, and in many ways learning the thigns I have about spirits and things unseen has only made it harder. But knowing the things I know and seeing what I see also levels the playing feild to make fighting threw this life easyer.I see the angels that walk at my side, some of the do infact look like elves with the pointy ears; I have seen angels of some rather 'fantiesy' like races and when I asked how it was possible, one of them said to me "where do you think all fantasy come from? Every Myth startes some where."

I don't know what your faith belf's are, all of the poeple I was clsoe close with in that manor or no longer active on here; but beleiving in the unkonw and to a point exsplring it is only healthy for human nature; just be carfull where your feet carry you, becuase not everything out there is nice.

12. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I really wish I could beleive that there is something more out there than the world we can perceive with our sense. But it is really hard to do so. I wish I could but i cant. But I love meeting people like you and forgotten cause then Ι have hope again.

But if anythign I can understand how this must be also hard for you. Being different than most people. Seeing things that few people do. Its good though that you found other people sharing your beleives. Taht is very important.

13. LadyoftheGoldenWood

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    I don't spasificly see my self as different then others, I think everyone has the potenchal to see what they do not see. A lot of it is that as humans we are taught what is or is not and from the time we are born we are taugh to put up blinders cause a lot of things that sosity find to be 'impossible' or 'accseptably normal'. Some people just stay mre sensative then others I think that is what I am. If I may ask; may i ask why it is you think you cannot beleive? If it is to personal for a post but would not mind answering I am fine with it in a PM.

14. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Ill pm you :)

15. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    Being tactful is another word we use for 'formality'; formality and decorum are already too much a part of our daily lives. It's what we do, endlessly lie to each other. It doesn't matter how long a religious practice or spiritual pursuit has been around, if it's a lie... than it's a lie, and should be exposed as such. There are no ghosts or misbehaving spirits inhabiting our world. We will all live for a time, living our lives at half speed and all too quickly it will come to an end. That end is in perfect harmony with this universe and is to me at any rate, a beautiful and fitting demise.

That's fine and dandy, but in the end there are no spirits stuck in limbo and that building you remodeled wasn't really haunted, and the only strange "going on's" were that some people have overactive imaginations and want certain things to be true to the point of manufacturing encounters with make believe things.

The house we lived in before our current house we now call home, had been on the market for several months, and this was when the real estate market was hot, and for some reason it wasn't selling... I of course inquired why it wasn't selling... it's because the owner's son committed suicide there. Florida law says you must let potential buyers know of suicide or murder, or ghosts for that matter... we bought the house immediately. Imagine a house in a planned neighborhood, on the 18th green of a four star golf course and backed up to a small lagoon, and being underpriced by at least $30,000. What a joke. We bought it, moved in, and lived there eight years and not once encountered anything the least bit otherworldly or strange. Our daughter slept in the same bedroom that the young man had committed suicide in and never knew of it's history and never saw a ghost or felt the least bit uneasy... because we never told her of the suicide.

Hence eight years in the future we moved from that house, sold it for a $40,000 profit, and because home prices had fallen so much we could now afford to buy downtown in the 'Historic District'... we now live in a 110 year old southern revival which I'm renovating... though many lives have passed through this home we still have no ghosts to report.

I'm not the narrow minded one.
    I'm the one who has decided not to believe in things that over 90% of the world's population still believe in. My world is defined by science and reason, and experience. I don't always know where it will lead me or to what end, but the world is every bit as remarkable to me sans the supernatural nonsense as it is to you. In fact when people introduce a supernatural twist to the mix it only cheapens the world in which we live, turns it into some stupid fantasy world.

When you stand back and look at it, you're the normal one because you've accepted the supernatural nonsense passed down from generation to generation. I've made the decision over the course of years that it does not exist and never has existed. I take the universe for what it appears to be, not what I would like it to be.

16. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Sparrow that was not nice at all, but then again I knew some sort of answer like that would come from someone in the forums. You are entitled to your opinion, but could you at least do it in some nicer terms? You must think that you might be hurting someone's feelings.

I am one of those people that have a hard time believing in things I can't SEE. I'm not a Christian and do not believe in god, I actually have easier to believe in this stuff that Forgotten is talking about, or ghosts and spirits. I don't know if it really exists, but I would really like to think so, cause it would mean that the world have some magic in it. I have, like Silver had experiences that makes be believe in ghosts, so why not Otherkin? Reincarnation is something that is very possible for me I think. And then, why wouldn't there be a possibility of a soul getting into the wrong body.

And then I can think that things exist because that people believe in them. God exists because people believes in him/her sort of, and in this case it's also a matter of belief. And I find this really interesting, because who knows, there might be a whole world out there that we are too blind to see. I for one would be frickin excited!

17. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

But that's what I'm saying, the world is already a wondrous place of unimagined beauty just the way it is.
    Turning it into a netherworld of misplaced spirits and lost souls makes it less magical, it makes it false and cheap. You're going to live your life, Emelie, and do things you imagine to be important and lasting; but once that life comes to an end, when you close your eyes for the last time, the fresh blood going to your brain is turned off, and your brain cells make toward the exits... than it's final. You will die in every definition of the word, you will not exist in a conscious state ever again.

18. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I agree that the world is a wonderful place even without all that, i mean, it's just awesome to think of the complexity of every single living organism, and the dead things as well. But I don't know, I am torn between many different beliefs in me, there's the more rational aspect of me and then there's the one that really wants to believe in things outside what I can see with my eyes. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I mean, for all i know, there might be such a thing as a god. But it's more possible for me that there is ghosts than someone who created the world. Cause that god would be a cruel person, leaving his/her creation to what it has become with war, violence and hate for innocent people.
    Well anyways, we all get to believe different things, and I accept them all. I for one can also feel that I stand on some sort of ridge and can fall either way. I wish I had more of a firm ground to stand on when it comes to stuff like this, but somehow I stand with one foot on either side.

19. Silvermune

Silvermune New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The world is a place of beauty the way it is yes, you don't have to think anything special of it, think there is something more supernatural in everything, If anything these sort of topics are atleast interesting, ghosts and spirits, reincarnation, what forgotten is talking about which Ive dug up isn't something just made up that like was said has been talking about for a long time. Whether its real or not, it is to those people it is. They take comfort in the fact that when they die its not going to be the end, that there is something after life. Whether its some paradise, or like me believing in reincarnation, not too long ago there was a story about a boy who had memory of his 'past' life. He would talk about his 'other family' the house he grew up in. ect. His mom got worried and decided to put this 'fantasy' to a rest. So she took him to 'said' house. Everything he described of this house was correct down to the tee and took the family by surprise.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  20. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    You do not know that. Noone knows that. That is just your opinion, why are you trying to convince everyone?