Whazzup?

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by michaelbrent, Jul 6, 2010.

1. michaelbrent

michaelbrent Who IS Billy Jones?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a fantasy-phile as well as a fantasy writer: my YA book (1), is doing good business at amazon (kindle only for now - sorry), as is my book (2). I've also optioned scripts and done rewrites for some major Hollywood production co's, and am probably going to be showing up at LTUE next year. So I thought I'd hop on and see what's what!

Edit - no advertising please. If anyone wishes to know details of michaelbrent's work, PM him

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
  2. Sneakybolt

Sneakybolt Melereb

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    We're all crazy is what...

3. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Tip: Don't link to your books you are selling. That's called advertising. The rules you should have read tell you not to. I reported the post.
    And, since you're advertising, and it seems that's all you are here for, I'm gonna be a not-so-nice guy and comment on the signature I saw of yours in the picture thread...that book is not a bestseller

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  4. michaelbrent

michaelbrent Who IS Billy Jones?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reporting me. It makes me feel warm and cuddly.

And yes, the book is a bestseller. There are LOTS of bestseller lists. Mine is the bestselling YA book on smashwords, and has been on numerous amazon.com bestseller lists.

Sorry to offend with the advertising...I was just goofing about, and apparently you missed the substantive answers I posted. Which I totally understand since it is easy to miss great fantasy writers when they are listed in five point font.

No worries, though. Onward and upward. Or, in your case, watch out for the fun-police! ;o)

5. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Er, um...welcome to TFF? :devilbat:

6. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    perhaps it would be unseemly for me to say so, but perhaps it would be wise to abide by the laws and bylaws of the realm within which you travel? I have been in many lands, and each holds different expectation for the traveler; choosing not to abide by these expectations is never a good idea.

yes i am an rpg player.

That aside, I would say, welcome to our humble forum, sir. Many positive entities dwell here, with good intent and wise words to abide by. There are also many communities here who are interested in various works of fantasy. A simple search may lead you to all you need.

As for myself, I would cordially invite you to continue searching the forums and learning the personalities of each and every individual before posting within serious threads; for example, posting in spam threads and learning about the various personality there, before moving up to random chat and beyond. if you have something truly valuable to say you may go to the specific forum and thread. I would advise using the Search option first, to determine whether or not your idea has already been given elsewhere.

In closing, all I have to say is, Merry Postings, sir. And a wonderful day to you.

7. Cavalierguard

Cavalierguard The Watcher of Helm

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetings to you. Welcome to TFF. But remember about the rules.

8. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    *opens mouth to talk, but closes it again at a look from the others*

Okay then! I won't blab on about the rules.

I guess greetings are in order if you've posted here...