Whats the n00biest thing you've heard some-one say about LotR

Discussion in 'J.R.R. Tolkien / Lord of the Rings' started by Asgath, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Veronika G

Veronika G New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "I liked the first and the last, but the middle one sucked! Cause it was like... the middle part! It's stupid to make a film based on the middle part of a book! And that pulls the total experience down!"

Said by a guy I know who dislikes if anyone disagrees with him.

2. xStarless_Dimensionx

xStarless_Dimensionx Batman

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My friend said she didn't like it because it didn't have enough hot pink in it(yeah, the color...) 0.o

3. Ainuudar

Ainuudar Death Knight of the Drow

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Where did Ron and Hermione go?

4. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    *Whisper* dude, I think the witch (talking about Galadriel) likes Frodo

-later on-
    *Whisper* dude, did ya see? Frodo and Sam are gay!

5. ByLightUnseen

ByLightUnseen New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    when a guy said - see the last samurai was waaaay better movie about honor and stuff than LOTR

6. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Boy, that is pretty noobish.

I know a guy who says "I liked the dead pirate-kings."

7. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I still can't get over that noob that said the movies were better than the books! ha...I was cracking up!

8. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik Captain of Despair

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    noobist thing i ever herd was harry potter

9. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Mine is sort of the same. I can't believe the noob who said that they wouldn't bother reading the books because they had already seen the movies.

10. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik Captain of Despair

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    here is another one, i want legolas's 2 short swords.... (LOL ONLY ONE IN BOOK, SO IWAS CRACKING IN UP AND HE DIDNT KNOW WHY) lol

11. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, last year at lunch Britt said "I want Legolas' twin swords" and I said to him "Dude, he only had one in the book" then he said "nuh uh" and I said "Don't question my authority when it comes to The Lord of the Rings" and everyone else said to him "he's right, you don't know shit."

12. Lews Therin Telamon

Lews Therin Telamon The Kinslayer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I hate it when people say stupid things about Lord of the Rings.... In my school, everyone who knows me knows I know (as far as they're concerned) all that can be known about Lord of the Rings, and someone I know once criticized Elrond for riding to Aragorn at Dunharrow. I think his exact words were "Hey, Brian, why would Elrond ride all that way to give Aragorn a sword but not ride to help the men at Helm's Deep? I mean, isn't he a great warrior or something? What's the deal with that?", and I just shook my head and sighed in unending exasperation.

Speaking of Tolkien Authorities, is anyone else here the only one of their friends to be a so-called Tolkienologist? I know my friends keep getting surprised with how much I know... For example, the fact that I know "Ash Nazg Durbatuluk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul, Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk Agh Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul" off the top of my head is a source of everlasting laughter among them. Even simply knowing "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them" is amazing to them. Someone was actually challenging my knowledge, and my friend Will was like "Brian, what does the writing on the One Ring say?" and I'm like "One Ring to rule them all (etc)," and this other kid was like "Oh yeah, what does it say in Elvish?" and Will said "Come on, no one knows that" and I just say "Actually, the language is Black Speech, and it reads "Ash Nazg (etc)", and Will (laughing as he said it) was like "Pwnd!"

Anyway, just one of my many anecdotes...

13. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I've been by the same thing sort of, all my friends wanted me to do the writing of the ring, swords, etc on their lab-gown*, I told them they could imitate it just as well as I could from the book and internet, (and just like your friends), they went like: but YOU know what they say!!!! ........geeez, and it's more annoying when they make fun of you.

Another guy asked me: what sort of elvish inscription does harry's sword have???? (As a matter of fact I just saw that sword once and I remeber it's latin.)

*I dunno if it's the appropiate term.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  14. Gildor Inglorion

Gildor Inglorion Immortal and unforgiving

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely, there has to be one, i got the title 'elf' because of vast knowledge everone assumed i possesed, the vast knowledge of course was only due to the fact i'd read the books and loved them since wehn young, and not just watched the films, which then tends to disrupt everyones minds!

I can't recall anything really slanderous being said by N00bs about Lotr, though whenever anyone tells me that the elves at Hems deep was the best scene, that inflames disgust! Or basically prasies a scene that shouldn't have happened cough -the army of the dead- cough cough !

Stoopid elves shouldn't have even been there to die!!! Gaaaah, it always gets me when that first elf gets hit by a bolt from the uruks!!!

The poor little fella !

15. Roheryn

Roheryn Druid of Paranor

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, my friends don't use the term Tolkienologist, but every one says, oh, Roheryn (not actually my name but...) will know that, go ask her..

One of my sister's friends once said, thinking he could beat me at LOTR Trivia, 'I'll be Frolo.' I was laughing so hard, and he's staring at me like, what in the world is so funny?