What would happen if Communism actually worked?

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Forgotten Realms, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Is there a reason why a well organized and thought out direct democracy wouldn't work? It worked for the roman republic, and it had a relatively large population. (granted, rome wasn't what you'd call a prototypical democracy, but it still was). Also women and foreigners didn't have a right to vote cause they weren't citizens. Would you allow an 8 year old to vote? Cause if not, that's "not everyone". They used the same logic, just differently applied.

@Sparrow: So did the Russians, and they were communist. Leaky argument there. What made US a superpower was the protestant ethic of hard work and saving money. This also lead to the accumulation of capital and the subsequent ideal of free market. Free market (or better to say, the manipulation and misuse of the "free market") with non-intervention of the government (except for the bailouts eh heh heh) is what's behind the recession of today. And remember sparry, just because communism failed as a system before capitalism, doesn't mean capitalism won't fail. It has nothing to be replaced with at the moment, but that's the least of all problems.

AS for the topic itself, communism *can* work, it just has a great potential to be misused by those in power. Perhaps a mix of communism and direct democracy on a local level might do the trick. For the short time it was in effect in yugoslavia, it worked well and was very fast compared to normal bureocratic ways.

2. Anduil

Anduil New Member

Mekta land of dreams! you can find me in Pireaus
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yugoslavia! you said the magic word...

USA bombed them as well...

Murderers of the nations Americans...

As for representative democracy i laugh...

I want something? i get it. I don't need another person to get it for me... This is Democracy! You want war you and your fellow citizens you go to war. I don't have a man named bush(yes the plant he was a plant after all) to tell me to go to war while i don't want to...

As for the population matter simple : The cities are like a big cheese. Everyone sees the cheese but noone realize the trap. So people gather massivly in cities and unemployement is rising. Povetry is created by capitalism... and feed capitalism .... You don't need a good IQ to understand that.
    Capitalism failed. I laugh when people speak of democracy... There is no democracy only fools who believe that they live free...
    If the big guys wanted a solution to restore direct democracy they could have understand that there is solution to that...

How much do you pay for elections sparrow??? What are the costs? Do you think that your goverement or your representatives will ever care for you? They will care only for them and their families...

As for communism Marx - Lenin - Stalin were different leaders. China have different leaders. Communism will not gonna work as well. Its human political system so it will not be perfect but comparing it with capitalism of west yes i will choose communism of east. Its better and history of 2011 proves that.
    USA owns 3.000.000.000.000 dollars to China....

3. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    The reason a direct democracy wouldn't work is because you can't get the opinions of over a hundred million people.... if you split it into millions of districts I guess it could work but is it practical? I don't think so.

And Anduil, I like you but please stop attacking America :)

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Blackness - I'm pretty sure a big reason America became a recent superpower is because it was one of the few nations to make it out of World War 1 and 2 and profit. Granted they lost a lot of lives in the wars, but their infrastructure was hardly touched. Furthermore they suddenly had a large number of European nations who not only needed loans but also produce.

That said I suspect we will see a working hybrid of communism and democracy slowly start to evolve in China - how far they get into democracy and how much things improve for the average person is going to depend how their society evolves.

5. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    One thing I can say for sure is that although I don't like communism and I wouldn't want communism in my country,communism that is as communism exists in the various political parties and anti-patriotic crazy neo-philosophers of the left-wing who consider everything non-communist or non-leftist as bad....BUT I find it very romantic and nostalgic the fact that when I was a kid there was a strong super-power called USSR that was all about cool army uniforms,awesome badges,furry hats,rubles and a gigantic army that made the world come to a balance and along with..um...more or less poor countries,saw that things in the international scene were going one way or the other but not resulting into chaos and destruction.

What can I say?I am a crazy anti-communist who also misses the times of the Cold War.

6. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Wrong again, and again.

Public opinion was originally for the invasion of Iraq, about 56%were for it, if memory serves... Anduil, do you ever actually know what you're talking about? Public opinion began to change only when we couldn't find any 'weapons of mass destruction' and evidence that Saddam Hussein played some role in September 11 turned out to be bogus. Also, folks thought it was going to be a quick 'shock and awe' war... that of course all went to hell in a handbasket.

As far as Greek Architecture goes... my house has doric columns holding up the porch. So what.

7. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

The other reason a Direct Democracy wouldn't work is because... the theory is anyway, that during times of trouble you'll likely get a mob reaction to world events. And mobs seldom make good decisions. The other reason is that there are times when certain entities in our government cannot give us the full story, they likewise make decisions based on that hidden information... decisions an ill informed or misinformed populous wouldn't come to.

The best alternative would be to make me the King of the World.
    I'd wear a long flowing cape and a fine Italian fedora, a large amulet around my neck and speak with an eastern european accent. Every person would have a computer chip implanted in their forehead so that I could keep tabs on all my kingdom. I would have many concubines, a horse named Wildfire, and I would go wenching every Saturday Night.

8. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

That is not democracy, that is anarchy. You idiot.
    What universe are you living in that states a Democracy means you get to behave like a spoiled child and get everything you want?

My god, are you ever a piece of work.
    Poverty is as old as time, and there is less poverty now than there was in the past. Indeed, many people we count as poor live better, healthier, and longer lives than kings and queen did just 300 hundred years ago.

Capitalism is only as good as those who take part in it.

Our representatives, generally speaking, are decent people trying to do a good job.
    And if I don't like it, well then I ought to get more involved in the system or run for office. One thing I won't do is cry about it like a bitch.

Yes, we know.
    You want us all to accept baby Jesus into our lives... and then God will govern us and we'll enter a new age of... of what?

And as far as what we owe China... there's an old axiom that says "if you owe a man a million dollars, he has you by the balls... owe him three trillion dollars and you have him by the balls."

Presently, America and China are holding each other by the balls... and between the Chinese and God... I'll take the Chinese holding my package any old day over God.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  9. Anduil

Anduil New Member

Mekta land of dreams! you can find me in Pireaus
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ok Sparrow. Listen Anarchy is not what i want. Anarchy is the no order situation. What i told you is that i want a direct democracy to decide me and my fellow citizen. Not some representative of me. I want to have the decisions not a member of a parliament.... AND THIS IS NOT ANARCHY you are stupid enough to think of that.

Secondly i told you that every political system from ancient time till today has failed. Can you agree to that?
    If you agree then here comes the second sentense that says that human is proved by science is not perfect.

So here comes the result : Every human political system gonna fail cause it is not perfect.
    I didn't talk about baby Jesus and what you are talking sparrow.... I said only in a previous post that if there is a God that is perfect, then he can create something perfect....

Kakashi i like you as well!!! And i don't attack America cause i m enemy , i like many people in America i got some relatives there and i like the country in general. I just turned crazy when i listen people like Sparrow telling that USA democracy is so cool and that goverment is so cool. Tell this to the rest of the planet. I still remember when i was a kid and went to school serbian people to the streets of Athens begging for a coin... (USA bombed them in 1999) You know why? Cause they are democrats and saviors of the planet...

Serbians were bombed cause they have a political system that didn't serve the USA heads...
    Capitalism is dead all that follow is a new political system that the heads are trying to create to their needs...

10. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    We all hate communism but you have to admit it,we all love playing with the communist side in video games! :p

Red Alert is one big example....RTS and Shooters that have communist sides too make us wanna choose the commie side...hehehehehehehe FOR MOTHER RUUUSSIA!

Search tags for this page
if communism actually worked would you say its the best government
if communism worked

what if communism worked

what if communism workes