What would be a cool idea for a new SW movie series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Curufeanor, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i think it would be cool if they did a series of movies based on the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight storylines, only not like the current Star Wars movies. Instead, have a more darker story, and have it more action oriented instead of drama, a la the matrix, with, of course, Jon Woo style slow-mo (say bullet-time without the bullets) being used occasionally during lightsaber duels and the bigger 1-man army style action scenes.

Episode 1: Dark Forces-would cover Dark Forces up until Kyle begins to become force adept.

Episode 2: Jedi Knight-would cover the story of Kyle's first connection with the force and his battle with Jerec--->would include a scene at the end with Kyle taking Mara as his apprentice or something like that.

Episode 3: Mysteries of the Sith-the script would have to have a major overhaul so that it makes sense (MOTS was kinda lacking a proper storyline), but overall the story would be based around the events of MOTS. Would end with Kyle handing over his lightsaber to Luke and severing his connection with the force.

Episode 4: Jedi Outcast-the current script to the game was awsome, and this final episode would probably be the greatest in the series, just add more story elements, lots of saber-action matrix style scenes, the side-by-side Luke/Kyle fight, and a final great duel (to end all duels) with Desann.

This i think would make an awsome SW movie series.

2. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It has potential...However Lucas needs to finish the prequel trilogy before moving on to something else... Episode III not out till spring/summer 2005...the wait is killing me...BTW I also wouldn't mind seeing Lucas (unfortuantely he's getting old) make a sequel trilogy.

3. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    He already said he wasn't going to do 7 8 9 right? Too bad, I think it would be cool to see a bit about the Solo kids, especially later on when Jacen starts to question everything

4. Pallaeon

Pallaeon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Thrawn Series would be cool, though I'd like to see the New Jedi Order run into a trilogy, even though Chewie dies and a couple of other major characters that I won't mention if someone hasn't completed the series yet.

5. javelin98

javelin98 does anyone read these?

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'd be up for the Thrawn series. Or Shadows of the Empire.

6. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't want to see the New Jedi Order series. It's too depressing.

7. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ranger_of_Gondor Gondorian Defender

Massachusets(The mostly Anti-Bush state. Hooray!)
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    George Lucas is not doing more episodes/movies because he said he needed to do something else with his life.

8. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    New Jedi Order. Period.

9. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It takes ten years to make a SW trilogy...which is a little rediculous if you ask me. Look at LOTR: But then again LOTR was already written...bah well. Although GL has said that he doesn't want to spend the remaining years of his life focusing on yet another SW trilogy (7-9) more recently information has leaked out stating otherwise.

It is speculated now that they may indeed continue with the sequel trilogy, only they are possibly interested in using Spielburg as the head director. Of course, GL would still be there in advisory capacity. It is, after all, George's baby.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  10. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yah I heard that Spielburg rumour but I never listen to rumours. About them already being written...so would 7-9 I mean they wouldn't dare not go in the direction of the books...

11. Kal-EL

Kal-EL New Supes costume sucks

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be best to go beyond the current state of the timeline in the SW universe. Maybe 50 to 100 years later. It would be great to see the Thrawn trilogy on film, but it would be better to see an evoluiton of the SW universe and the Jedi.

Perhaps a story involving a civilization in seclusion that have also been using the Force but have not been previously discovered by the New Republic or the Empire.

Then again, wouldn't it be amazing if they did a series of "what if" movies? For example, what if Darth Sideous had never turned Anakin to the dark side? Would the Jedi have still been wiped out? Would he have seduced someone else?

What do you think?

12. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As for the "what if" idea, there's a comic series by Dark Horse, called Star Wars Infinites, if u want to see what might have happened ;), but right now, they're still doing the original trilogy's alternate stories.

13. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I think the Han Solo Trilogy would be cool, even though it has next to no other Star Wars characters from the movies in them, except Chewie and Lando, and Boba Fett. It would only be for real Han Solo fans though, it wouldnt appeal to the entire Star Wars audience. I think the Thrawn series or the Admiral Daala trilogy would make a good series that would appeal to everyone.

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Now you are talking about movies...but there will be luckily or unfortunatly no such thing...A tv serie...depends on how the quality of the effects and the story is...probably also not written by George Lucas either. So they will need somebody who thinks like him! There is so many history and connection that binds the first trilogy and second trilogy together. More than I don't know and believe me, I know a lot! That's always interesting when you keep watching the star wars movies. Padmé just learned that you can see George Lucas in the senate...but there are many things I can learn from her, that's also an important feature that should be in the tv show.

15. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Where is he??? :O

16. defyitall

defyitall Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    sure they would. Lucas rarely even acknowledges the existence of the books.

I don't know anything about NJO but the Thrawn series could seriously be compressed into one long movie, there's not an overflow of story in those books. Zahn focuses more on details. Anyway, how would you make a trilogy involving the characetrs from the OT? Harrison Ford will barely even do interviews about SW (I know I was at one), Mark Hamill looks really wierd now, Carrie Fisher wouldn't do anymore. Unless you could digitally replace all the actors, I don't think anyone would accept new actors playing the OT
    s classic characters.

I doubt Lucas will do more movies himself. I don't think he has any more ideas. If he was involved with another trilogy they couldn't use any known directors anyway. He dropped out of the driector's and screenwriter's guilds after Empire. That forces him to use non guild directors, hence Richard Marquand directing Jedi instead of Spielberg.

Maybe in, say 10 years, some young director/filmmaker will get and idea for something new and ask Lucas and Lucas will say no. and that will be the end of it.

j/k: if it happens at all it will have to be with a new crew of filmmakers and waaayyyy in the future.

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    The Star Wars saga is mainly the lifestory of Anakin Skywalker and secondly his children. Now that Anakin is dead there is no reason to continue. Not for the movies that is...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well said. As Lucas put it, the first saga is about the father, the second the son. Both follow an almost identical path, but are then given an ultimate choice to make--- Anakin makes one decision, and Luke another. But in Empire Strikes Back, you find out who the Star Wars saga is truely about..... Anakin. The rise and fall and then final redemption of a Jedi

19. fitz le batard

fitz le batard New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think about the serie, he can do like "Disparition"
    you know, the serie of Spielberg (is it this ?)
    i like this type of series
    90 minutes with 10 or 12 episodes

and the period, i think he can do one period by season
    -The new order
    -the thrawn's hand
    -the sith's war

20. Wanderer00

Wanderer00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i like the Star Wars movie where they are no new characters or new movies (Ifear change)