What NOT to do during "Return of the King."

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Witchking, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    definaletly don't have a drink while your watching the film cause half way through the film you would wanna go and don't eat crisps food wrappers what will make annoying sounds!!

2. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    i have a really sad freind who would actually say those things, few years ago we went to the movie theater and saw a trailer for atlantis and he stood up and literally shouted really loud "THOSE ARE FROM STINGRAY!!!" i dread to think what he will be like.

3. Fincayra

Fincayra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol my friend started to sing one of the song in Sleeping Beauty during the Princess Diaries
    i wanted to die

4. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    When the witchking dies you yell, "Ohhhhhhhhh! I'm melting! Melting! Oh what a world!"

Actually, when I was at camp all the kids were yelling out chants when ever people in The Princess Bride said phrases:

"Inconceivable!" = Your mom!
    "As you wish" = *I erased it from my memory*
    "Love" = Awwwwwwww...

There was one other that I brainwashed myself from as well. rolleyes

5. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    hmm well.. i went to RoTK tonight with my mom . very interesting, the whole cinema was actively involved ... greatness :D

6. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    movies are better watched in quiiet during the first time! :)

7. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True cause you won't know what there saying!!

8. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Just found this..some are the same but its still funny:

Top 50 Ways to have fun with LOTR

1. When you pay for your ticket hold your money up and yell "FOR GONDOR!!!!!!"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

3. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST RUN"

4. Whenever Legolas appears on the screen, stand up and chant loudly: "Legolas!...Legolas!..."

5. At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.

6. After Return of the King, stand up and scream, "Wait a minute, was this a sequal to something? It didn't make any sense!"

7. Ask the person beside you about the movie. What does the ring do? Where's Frodo going?
    Whats with this necklace thingy? Is Sam gay?

8. Very loudly say, "So if this is Middle Earth, is there a Top and Bottom Earth, or a Left and Right Earth?"

9. If you end up seeing the extended versions of either Fellowship or Two Towers in the cinema, loudly identify all the stuff that wasn't originally in them.

10. When Gandalf reappears in TTT, scream atop of your lungs: "HEY! DIDN'T OBIWAN DIE IN THE LAST FILM?!"

11. Loudly ask where they found a guy that thin to play Gollum.

12. Sit next to a person who is a little on the heavy side and scream "stupid fat hobbitises" every time they go to eat something.

13. Complain loudly every time something in the movie differs from the book, and explain the difference
    at length to the people next to you.

14. At the end tell people that this was the weakest Harry Potter movie so far, it was nothing like the book!

15. Go into the theater wearing Harry Potter glasses and go on about how Tolkien ripped off Rowling.

16. Take your replica of the One Ring and listen to it talk to you during the movie, especially if you plan on talking back to it.
    Then, place your replica ring on the chair beside you and look suspicously at the person sitting next to it

17. Bring a flashlight and a Harry Potter novel and read it during the entire movie.

18. Boo every time a member of the fellowship comes on screen.

19. Scream everytime a ringwraith comes on the screen.

20. Steal a ring from someone in the audience, saying that they stole your "precioussss"

21. Bring the ROTK book and a flashlight with you and groan halfway thru complaining that the movie got ahead of you.

22. Sit by someone who's obviously never read the books and whisper, 'Guess what? Frodo dies in the first ten minutes!'

23. When Elijah Wood comes on screen, ask "Who the @%#$ is that?!"

24. Yell out "That's not in the book I want my money back"

25. When Gandalf asks Aragorn "How do we know Frodo is still alive" mutter loudly, "it's in the book idiot!"

26. Ask the person sitting nect to you "who's he" every ten minutes.

27. Sit next to a ringnut and ask "so what's the deal with the ring?" every time it comes on the screen

28. Walk in to the cinema and join the queue to get in to the film, when asked for you ticket, look very shocked and say "the precious, only the forces of the Dark Lord can see me with it on"

29. Every time there's an elf on the screen, stand up and shout, "Where are the elves going?"

30. Dress as a member of the Jedi Council and tell people you are only there to see the Star Wars preview.

31. This is SO different from the book!" every time the scene changes.

32. Constantly (and loudly) wonder how much weed Tolkien must have smoked to come up with this stuff.

33. Make loud references to how much weed you smoked before coming to the movie.

34. Everytime Gollum is on screen, say, in a Mexican accent, "Yo quiero my precious."

35. Wonder aloud if Sam grew any really cool plants when he was gardening.

36. Towards the end, yell out your revelation that Sam is played by the kid from The Goonies. Follow it up with the fact that it's been bugging you for two years now.

37. In TTT and ROTK, loudly ask everyone where Boromir is. When someone tells you he died, start to cry and randomly shout: "Why, Boromir, why?" for the rest of the movie.

38. Get a few of your friends together and whenever the word "Ring" is said in the film, all of you begin screaming and throwing popcorn at the screen untill the word "Gandalf" is said.

39. Tell everyone within hearing that Gimli isn't really that short it's just the camera

40. Ask people if the Elves are related to Vulcans.

41. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!". See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre

42. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire Where's Waldo?

43. Tell the person next to you how much they look like Gollum.

44. "Why doesn't Gandorf just kill everybody with his magic?"

45. Sit in the middle front. After the movie starts, get up and climb out over everyone saying "Oops, I thought this was Return of the Jedi"

46. Pretend to choke on your popcorn during the movie. Make the *gollum* *gollum* noises while choking. Suddenly stop and start laughing making everyone think you were just joking. Then fall out of your seat and play dead

47. Ask when the novelization comes out

48. Take a laptop computer in with you and watch your Lord of the Rings DVDs instead of the big-screen.

49. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of California.

50. Print out this entire list and begin reading them aloud to the entire theater on opening night during the first 10 minutes of the film.

9. PrinceOfMirkwood

PrinceOfMirkwood Elven Assasin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    an add on, which i did to my friend, tell them a group of rogue ninjas kill Frodo. Some people will actually believe it ;-)

10. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    during the scene when Aragorn goes to the black gate and no one answers I said "Oh well their not in guess we better go home!"

11. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    We saw an ad in front of the movie where this stunt man talks against stealing or downloading songs off the internet and how it's wrong. Then someone in the back yelled out "How about an ad for no more annoying ads like this one!" *applaud*

12. Gandalf_the_Gay

Gandalf_the_Gay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The one about Mr. ANDERSON!!! Me and my friend did that throughout TTT. It was sooo funny. But when we went and saw the Matrix: Revolutions, we also shouted ELROND!!!

But, yeah these are really awesome... and Im going to try the lot of them!!! =)

13. Yeh-da

Yeh-da New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I think Viggo is from Watertown NY. So it would have to be governor of NY. Heck, NY gots Hillary Clinton representing them in the Senate, so why not have Vigo as the governor.

My brother-in-law grew up with him and said he was a complete jerk. :guin:

Edit: Oops! I stand corrected after reading up on Viggo's biography. My brother-in-law went to college with Viggo at St Lawrence University, up at Watertown, NY.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2003
  14. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When Gandalf returns in TTT, immitate Ian's voice, and sing the song "I will survive"

15. Gandalf_the_Gay

Gandalf_the_Gay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aww, lol, thats just damnright cruel though, heh. I think its awesome, I'll have to do it at home!

16. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    very funny, Some of this stuff I would do myself. ;)

17. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    at the end of the movie, when frodo gives Sam his book of lord of the rings I said "First edition!"

18. Khamul

Khamul Roaming

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lol, these are hilarious! :)

19. havelockploz

havelockploz With a preliminary 'P'

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    GtG u are not alone. I did that too. The perfect time is in FOTR when he says "Bring forth the ring..." MR ANDERSON!

20. Draven_of_the_Shire

Draven_of_the_Shire Defender of the West

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, those lists are hillarious... we all picked up on the Mr. Anderson thing in Fellowship. You know what, its still funny too!