What Lord of the Rings character are you?

Discussion in 'J.R.R. Tolkien / Lord of the Rings' started by aaron.j.cypher, Feb 1, 2004.

1. aaron.j.cypher

aaron.j.cypher Aaron, King of the Flakes

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Here's a little question for you. If you were any Lord of the Rings character (even from the book), who would you be and why.
    Now, put some thought into it.
    :jawa:

2. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I took a personality test one time for the Lord of the rings and every time I was Celeborn, good enough for me. But I like Elladan better, he was an orc killing machine.

3. aaron.j.cypher

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Good choice, good choice. I myself took a test just like that and alass... They made me Arwen! Even when I chose male. Bah. I don't know who I would want to be though. I would have to think.

4. Princess Celebmirril

Princess Celebmirril PRINCESS

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I would want to be Sam. He is a great friend to Frodo and without Sam Frodo would not have made it to Mount Doom. So I would choose Sam because he is a true friend.

5. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would choose Gil-Galad because he has done so much for every one. He has had the ring of power and was defeated by the second biggest baddy of them all. Here are some of the things that Gil-Galad has done for people:

F.A.467. Gil-Galad was as young boy send to the Havens at the Mouth of Sirion.

F.A.511. Gil-Galad was named high-King of all the remaining Noldor in Beleriand in Nan-Tathren after the fall of Gondolin and death of Turgon in F.A.510.

F.A.532. From the Mouth of Sirion Gil-Galad moved to the Isle of Balar where Cirdan and the survivors of Eglarest and Brithombar lived and from here they came too late, to aid the survivors of Gondolin and Doriath when the remaining sons of Fëanor attacked the Havens in the Third Kinslaying in an attempt to grab the Silmaril Elwing held.

F.A.545-550. Gathering of Elves under Eonwë and preparing for the War of Wrath.

F.A.550-587. The War of Wrath where Angband was unroofed, Melkor outrusted and the last two Silmarils regained.

F.A.587-590. Preparing of the ships and movement after the War of Wrath ended.

F.A.590 - S.A.1. The world was reshaped and Beleriand drowned benieth Belegaer. Cirdan and Gil-Galad established the realm Lindon and the Grey Havens in the Gulf of Lhun and Gil-Galad was reconized as the Lord of Lindon.

2 Age.

S.A.1 - 600. There is peace in Middle-Earth.

S.A.600. In this year the first ship from Númenor, upon the western wind, came into the Gulf of Lhun in spring. This ship was Entulasse and its captain was Veantur, He was much welcomed in Lindon by Gil-Galad and Cirdan who was thrilled to see and hear from Númenor. On later journeys Veantur brought Aldarion, the son and heir of Meneldur, King of Númenor with him. Between Gil-Galad and Aldarion grew a close friendship and Aldarion thaugt Gil-Galad the tongue of Númenor.

S.A.750. At the end of those years rumours about evil in Mirkwood began to spread around. Galadriel and Celeborn who lived at the lake Nenuial moved Eastward and settled in Eregion.

S.A.882. Gil-Galad sent a letter with Aldarion back to Númenor to Meneldur his father and King of Númenor. In that letter Gil-Galad asked for help and aid to contest the growing evil. He deemed that his own people and the inhabitants of Middle-Earth was not capable to withstand it for much longer. Any major help was never send in the reign of Meneldur since he desided that it was no matter for him to resolve and he resigned and passed his office to Aldarion. Aldarion returned to Middle-Earth and to Gil-Galad but with no great armament and army, why not is not clear, maybe the Númenorian people was`nt ready and even so Númenor would have to build a great fleet to transfer any larger army. I guess this was the case. Aldarion returned with what he could bring and returned to Númenor with timber for ships. At least it is known that for the next 18 years Aldarion was not much in Númenor but travelled the sea.

S.A.1200. Sauron is spreading his lies, sowing seeds of evil and in secret trying to gather forces and build up his strength, he comes as Atanatar; the Giver of Gifts to Eregion and Lindon but Gil-Galad refused to treat with him but the smiths in the Elvish realm Ost-in-Edhil in Eregion are won over and deals with him despite the counsel of Galadriel and Celeborn.

S.A.1600-1693. The evil escalates, Sauron shows his true face and finally in 1693 he had prepared for his invasion of Eriador. He attacks through Calenardhon and Elrond is send as commander of a force to stop him at Sarn Ford but Sauron turns North and invades Eregion. Eregion is lost.

S.A.1695. Gil-Galad sends messages to Númenor for help and Tar-Minastir sends out at great navy under Admiral Ciryatur but it was delayed and did not reach the coast of Middle-Earth until 1700, at that time Sauron had all Eriador save besieged Imladris and he had reached the line of River Lhun where Gil-Galad desperatly defended the Grey Havens. With the aid and reinforcement of Númenor Sauron was beaten and fleed back to Mordor.

S.A.1701 - 3320. There are relatively peace in the Westlands, Sauron are occupied with thoughts about the Númenorians and is extending his pover Eastwards.

S.A.3320. Elendil arrives in Lindon while his sons Isildur and Anarion landed at the Mouth of Anduin after the Fall of Númenor. Sauron returned to Mordor.

S.A.3430. Elendil and Gil-Galad forms the Last Alliance to counter and finally destroy Sauron and the next year they gather in Imladris.

S.A.3431-3434. The Alliance spent 3 years to prepare, training, smithying weapons and plans and Gil-Galad becomes head-commander.

S.A.3434. This year the host crosses Hithaeglir, marching towards Dagorlad where the first battles are fought and Sauron defeated. Sauron retreats to his fortress Barad-Dûr and the seven year long siege begins.

S.A.3441. Hard pressed comes Sauron forth and is overtrown but Gil-Galad is slain too.

-dt

6. GondorianRanger

GondorianRanger Lord of Valathil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Boromir, all the way! I am alot like him, in the sense of Courage and honor, but not in the sense of corruption of the ring. I actually have alot of resillience toward temptation. And Sam's loyalty aspect, because when i give my word, i mean it.

7. Eàmanë

Eàmanë formally Nevaeh

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'd want to be Galadriel...:)....she was very beautiful, and led Lothlorien, and helped the fellowship when she could.

If I was a guy, I'd want to be Sam, though. He was very brave to follow Frodo all the way, and he didn't even have to. He was very loyal and dedicative to Frodo, and I admire his courage.

8. Gothmnong

Gothmnong 2nd Lieutenant of Morgul

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I Wanna Be...

I would like to be an Elven Warrior, even though I'm a human not elf-kind in real life.

9. celebrimor

celebrimor Elven Jewel-smith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i pick Celebrimor (my SN, thats why i chose it i love him) read my profile it says why lol

10. strawfairy

strawfairy Piratey Person

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'd be arwen or eowyn. if i was arwen i wouldn't marry strider tho, i'd marry legolas!

11. strawfairy

strawfairy Piratey Person

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    but when i do personality tests i'm always Frodo

12. Sauron3791

Sauron3791 Lord of Mordor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would want to be either Sauron or Earendil. For Sauron the reasoning is i love machines and power and control. For Earendil the reason is that i love the water adn ocean

13. aaron.j.cypher

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Well, Dwarf Tosser... I must say that you did in fact put a lot of time into this, which is want I wanted, and I thank you whole heartedly. And very good choice, I might add.
    I am extremely happy that you put so much time into your decision and I believe that you deserve a recognition.
    And thank you all for your submitions.

14. HaldirofLorien

HaldirofLorien Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!son Of Halmir!!!!!even In The Books He's Cool!!!! But Alas I Have Been Told Im A Bit Of A Gollum!!!!

15. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eomer, he's noble, courageous, and loyal, even when everything around him is crumbling. He was imprisoned for doing nothing other than trying to protect his King and made no complaint about it afterward. Oh not to mention he killed Orcs like the dickens. He left the Pelennor unscathed, and became King of my favorite people, the Rohan. So yeah Eomer all the way.

16. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  17. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My personality was Aragorn, Grima, and Treebeard, What a mix!

-dt

18. Connovar Oakenshield

Connovar Oakenshield Sun Hang Warrior

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think I've taken just about every LOTR personality test out there, and EVERY time I come out as Aragorn, so he would definitely be my choice.

19. aaron.j.cypher

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Very good choices all; keep em comin!

20. Faeros

Faeros Elven Ranger Captain

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I could definitely be a mix of Aragorn, Gil-galad, and Gimli. Viva Aeglos! Long live the legend of Elessar and the Last Elven King, and King of the Glittering Caves! Yea!