What is wrong with Britain?!

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Foinikas, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    This is really sad and frustrating,how the British government betrayed the Gurkhas.And like I commented on that video on youtube,Britain has Hindis,Pakistanis,Arabs and many other nationalities but they don't even give a dime for the Gurkhas,the most loyal and elite soldiers that have served the British Empire for hundreds of years?

Take a look at this video and you'll see what I mean:

I'm really really angry about this.

And I'm not even British.

2. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    didnt this get sorted out?

3. ~Elladan~

~Elladan~ A Elbereth Gilthoniel

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    Many of the residency/pension issues have been resolved, as long as at least 4 years service has been completed. The pension differential (now removed) supposedly reflected the differences of living in Nepal/India to the UK although personally I don't see why that should have a bearing if soldiers have given the same service.

What I would add is that the vast majority of Brits have absolutely no issue with Gurkha's living in the UK or having equality of pensions but unfortunately we, like most countries, have idiots in charge of policy/government.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    And from what I saw in this video and other videos and read in books the Gurkhas LOVE serving Britain and they just love protecting the country and serving the British people and they can even give their blood for the Queen and the country,it's not stupidity,it's loyalty,it's love and it's a kind of honor for them.And it's a shame to forget or ignore these people who actually want to give their blood to protect Britain and serve the Queen and the country and the nation and all the ideals that it stands for and grant citizenship and other stuff to people who actually HATE the country but live there like parasites.

But like you said,there's always a stupid government and stupid politicians in charge.Well not always,but most of the times in many countries the governments act stupid on some matters.

5. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It's either that or the governments are way too prideful to admit their mistake. My country is one of them. Everytime shit happens, the ruling sector will always place a gag order on the media so as to cover it's backside.

6. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Definitely a possibility, Azuren. It is what it is. I just assume the worst these days when it comes to my government making decisions. Then again I live in the US and that's obvious.