What is the most romantic thing you have done or have had done for you?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by BubbleFreak, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Window Bar

Window Bar "We Read for Light"

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The lady and I had been apart for several weeks. She called on her cell to say she was just coming over the mountain pass, which is about 15 minutes out. A a surprise, I filled a hot bath for her, topped it off with warmed massage oil and rose petals.

She keeps hinting, so maybe it's time to do it again.

2. Aatell

Aatell The one who has two minds

The brotherhood of brothers of brothering brotherl
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    gave up alcohol for my girl freind

3. Herald Of Woe

Herald Of Woe Scourge of the seven seas

Ratings:
    +207 / 2 / -0
    When my wife left for work I cleaned the flat then spent the rest of the day making a really nice meal for when she got home. I also set up candles around the room and used tea lights to spell out I love you. Then when I heard her at the door I turned the lights out in the room, lit the candles and tea lights then when she came in I gave her a big hug and kiss then sat her down and served her the meal and we sat and ate by candle light and afterwards cudlled on the sofa drinking mead.

4. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I made it home from the pub before 10 one night...old softy that I am!! :p

5. freedomtaken

freedomtaken Predominately Inept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ^ That made me lol. Booked an adventure jet boat thing. He dislikes boats. I am a bad human...

6. Sneakybolt

Sneakybolt Melereb

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I was actually helping a friend do a romantic night for her girlfriend. There was a sented tea-light pathway covered in rose petals. The bed was adorned with more rose petals and chocolates a single rose on the bed placed just so. Red wine, handcuffs, and sented lotion on the side table for easy access.

7. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Call me weird, but this just breaks the whole mood.

8. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I had spent my weekend at my parents' and returned to my flat on Monday evening. On Mondays my boyfriend was at university and always went home in the afternoon, before visiting me every Tuesday to spend a few days with me. So this Monday, when I entered my flat, I saw that my bed was made and my highlighters stood on the table in front of it, although I hadn't used them for ages.
    I turned around and saw a sheet of paper lying on my TV. There was a rose drawn on it (coloured with those highlighters) by my boyfriend and under a "I love you too" a short text saying that he had actually wanted to steal a rose from a neighbour's garden for me if he had had the chance.
    So after his courses at university he stopped by to visit me, but as I was still on my way home he left a small surprise which really made my day.

Doesn't seem to be much, but it really meant a lot to me.

Aww, I saw the beginning of The Notebook yesterday, but I only saw 20 minutes of it. Does it get better?

9. Sneakybolt

Sneakybolt Melereb

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    They liked it, who am I to argue with a fetish?

10. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, I did something for my ex once. She girlfriend saw me really love a remote controlled helicopter and she bought it for me for my birthday. So for valentine's day, she received a text that morning to look out her window and she saw a toy helicopter hovering in and carrying a card saying "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you and am thinking of you" and then looked down to see me waving. I tried to attach a teddy bear to it, but it wouldn't fly with it. It was too heavy. But she thought it was the sweetest thing ever.

11. Beldaran

Beldaran Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that's very sweet indeed!

I'm not very good at being romantic, my boyfriend is much better at it. He cooks dinners for me on special occasions and fills the room with all sort of "symbolic" stuff (that's what he calls it anyway:D), like when we were in a relationship for three years, he put groups of 3 candles everywhere. Using the winebottles of the wine we're used to drink as candleholders and so on. And I'm the girlfriend who is too stupid to notice that stuff at first :(. But he still has some typical guy things in it though, very romantic dinner, but still serves potatoes and other food out of the microwave, which makes me laugh very hard :D.

12. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Haha, romantic micro dinner.
    The other symbolic stuff sounds cute though :D

My ex gave me flowers on valentines and gifts and such. Normal stuff really. And when i did the same thing to him, he got mad. :D ooh the romance.

13. Beldaran

Beldaran Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aahh that's sweet!! And funny :D.
    My boyfriend's cuteness level is very high.. The day before xmas he went all the way to the south of Holland (okay that's 1,5 hours haha) to get me a specific present, even though i said i wanted a certain book. I would never do that, which makes me feel bad, he's much nicer than i am.

14. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Haha, aaw, that is cute! People are nice in different ways.

15. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    I had a girlfriend who complained I had never given her any jewelry, like a diamond ring or pendant... I thought on it for awhile and how I might get this off my to-do list without going into debt. I went to a coin shop and purchased a 'piece-of-eight' from a sunken merchant ship from the 1700s and took it to a jeweler and had him make a pendant out of it. It worked, she loved it and I was off the hook.