What happened to the 'Little fat man'?

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Unraveller, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    You know, Rand's angreal that he picked up in Rhuidean. It was taken from him in the lead up to Dumai's Wells and wasn't found in the carts. Where is it?

I think Taim has it personally.

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I thought Taim or Osan'Gar

3. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Dashigar couldn't have it, he'd have used it when he tried to kill Rand and he'd have thought about it in his PoV. He'd also have used it at the Cleansing.

Taim seems most likely although after the battle at Dumai's Wells the Asha'man are patrolling the site. Taim looks at one of his cabal who shakes his head. Taim grimaces. Looks like he had them searching for it and they couldn't find it. Could be something completely different of course.

4. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The groups we had at Dumai's Well were the Shaido, Asha'man, Tower Aes Sedai, Two Rivers men. Think that covers pretty much everyone there I think.

One of the Asha'man taking it is a strong possibility, and probably for plot purposes RJ would make it be one who is allied to Taim rather than Rand.

The Shaido are possible. But first off, they got slaughtered there, though I do recall that some clusters escaped. Not only that, what use would they have for it? I don't recall any male Aiel channelers in general (other than Rand ofc). Plus, what are the chances that they would recognize it for what it was.

Lastly are the Aes Sedai. I don't recall if any escaped or not, but if any did, they could hold a viable position. They would have a stronger chance of recognizing the Angreal for what it is. And since we know the majority there were Black Ajah, if they did have it there would be a good chance they could give it to someone who could use it.

5. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The Shaido never made it into the camp in any numbers so we can write them off.

The Two Rivers men wouldn't have taken it, they take a very poor view of looting and spent most of the time warily watching the Aes Sedai and Asha'man. I don't think they stayed in the camp after the battle.

The Aes Sedai who escaped could have taken it, some certainly did, but they didn't have any time to pack anything and I doubt they'd have carried it on them if they knew what it was. They may have if they didn't however, a trophy of the Dragon Reborn.

The Younglings are the other group, they could have gotten their hands on it but Gawyn would have had it as a target of his hate, something to represent Rand. He'd certainly have commented on it.

The Asha'man. The most likely suspects although I'd expect to see some sign if Taim had it. After re-reading the passage it looks more as if the look, shake of the head and grimace were to do with the Aes Sedai not trying to escape, Taim would have loved an excuse to kill them or drag them off to the BT as prisoners.

My money's on Taim.

6. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I think that we forget that Rand was captive for some time. They could have and probably did take it from him long before the battle. This opens the door to many possibilities, especially the AS.

7. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    True, but the AS weren't expecting to be attacked and didn't exactly have time to pack. If they had it on them they could have it but would they carry a male angreal? The AS, Warders and Younglings were the only ones in the camp during that time. Unless they disposed of it before they left the city...

8. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think one of the AS took it as a souvineer, as they did with the Dragon Septer.