What happened in the gallery?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Starknight, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Starknight

Starknight New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This may be a stupid question or answered elsewhere that I haven't seen yet (In which case if someone can direct me where to look I will do so)

I'm curious what happened to the artwork I uploaded to the gallery? I can't seem to find them anymore, and if I check the links I posted to them earlier, I get this:

Parse error: parse error in /home/fvault/public_html/thefantasyforum/gallery/config-inc.php on line 18
    Could not connect to PhotoPost databaseNo Database Selected

Were they deleted during the change in format of the forum? Or when that strange error occured? Or are pictures uploaded to the gallery deleted after a certain amount of time to make more room?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2. Asgath

Asgath Heavy-metal dwarf

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How long ago did you upload to the gallery?

http://gallery.fantasyvault.net/ If you havnt looked around there, do it, if you cant find what your looking for post again.

3. Starknight

Starknight New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I would not have posted this question had I not already checked the gallery. And my question was simply what happened.

For example, I may not wish to upload to the gallery if my images will be deleted after 3 weeks. What's the point? Or if maybe they were removed intentionally I'd like to know why.

The date of the post where I linked to the art work shortly after uploading it is 3 weeks ago.

4. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The gallery had originally bee tied into the forums. And I had been recieving a lot of emails from people who just wanted to join the gallery not join the forums. Which made sense because if they just joined the gallery and never posted in the forums when we weed out non active members they would have been deleted. We moved the gallery to its own url and recreated it with many expanded sections as well as giving you more space to upload. If you want to partake in the gallery you will need to sign up for it as it is no longer tied into the boards.

5. Asgath

Asgath Heavy-metal dwarf

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ^ hence my question about when uploading

6. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks asgath.