What game are currently playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by neongrl, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    Conquerign Calradia as a Swadian Count in Mount & Blade

2. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +519 / 3 / -0
    how is Mount and Blade? I've been tempted to try it out but haven't gotten around to it

3. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    It's absolutely incredible. The best 1st/3rd person medieval combat I've ever played.

That beign said, despite the amazing concept for the game, it's a little janky and has some bugs. This is why I'm pumped for the sequel.

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +340 / 1 / -0
    Yeah Mount and Blade is a lot of fun! You get to roam the countryside with a band of warriors fighting and battling! I'm eager for the sequel too!

One tip - invest in towns (talk to the town manager person thingy) and buy things like mills. It's the only way to earn a constant income to help support a larger warparty (cause you people want pay for their time). You generally won't make enough raiding - unless there's a war going on and even then you'll quickly run out of villages to raid (and they take time to repair themselves).

5. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +519 / 3 / -0
    I'll keep that in mind if I ever get around to it OR.

6. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +519 / 3 / -0
    So, I rented Mass Effect Andromeda yesterday, and enjoying it so far. A few things could be better, but overall I like it

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I received Andromeda today, but wait till I can play it on my new PC, which I still have to buy. Atm I've started on Breath of the Wild and still got other games to play on the PS4, like the Last Guardian, the last Final Fantasy game, WatchDogs 2 and others.

8. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    I've honestly heard some shitty things about Andromeda, especially in relation to dialogue. It was a new team working with a new game engine so it's not hard to imagine there were some unfortunate side effects from that.

But you guys say it's good so far?

9. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    It's not really the dialogue itself, it's the lip synchronization. And the animation is often weird. I've seen some funny stuff where characters walk like chickens or gorillas. Also the character models are weird. The presets look pretty generic. Only the male default is good-looking if that is your taste that is. But all the other presets are just okay to bad, especially with the female default. So these are the models they are based on. They bought their likenesses. Spot on I would say for the male Ryder, but the female Ryder.... Um? Wtf....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. FrozenRain

FrozenRain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Andromeda's been a tough spot over it's animations for some time. They're on the same level as a hobbyist animator, not something you'd expect from a company producing a game with a $40 million budget.
    Personally I've been hopping between Horizon: Zero Dawn, which I actually just beat the main storyline of, and NieR: Automata.

11. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +519 / 3 / -0
    well I rented Andromeda for 4 days, (returning it tomorrow). while there are odd things with the animation, I personally didn't think it was bad enough to kill the enjoyment of the game.

12. FrozenRain

FrozenRain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It certainly doesn't effect the gameplay, which from what I've seen is fairly good. But from a critical standpoint, it knocks it down a few pegs, and I'm sure it really drives off the more immersion-focused crowds.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    To me it does come down to laziness, the lack of emotion, other animation flaws and the character models looking so bad. I think there's a political move behind the character models though.

14. FrozenRain

FrozenRain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't be too surprising, given what else I've heard about the game on a political front. I'm fine with games getting political, but only when the message isn't blatantly shoe-horned in. Ruins the experience in my opinion.

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well it is shoehorned in. What I mean, and I may have used the wrong words, is that BioWare wants to tell their customers they're open-minded people, who don't want to objectify women. That's why we have the default appearances of the female Ryders and all the female presets like generic looking women. You'll have a hard time to make her look sexy, which is what a lot of women still want, despite being feminists and that they're against the objectification of women. Though despite all this BS, BioWare still gives them sexy figures. Customization options are also lacking and I also think it's with the attention to prevent gamers to make better looking women than the presets present. Though to be fair the male presets aren't fantastic either, albeit better than those of females.

16. FrozenRain

FrozenRain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I completely agree. There's a massive stigma on making female characters attractive nowadays and for no good reason, either, and just a ton of needless virtue signalling along with it. It's very tiring, especially since it's not even what the majority wants. I'd still say the issues with customisation are probably down to laziness on the dev's part, but there's certainly an element of politics in it. It's not just appearances, though, there's been a lot of games with very underdeveloped female characters in just for the sake of it.

17. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +519 / 3 / -0
    to be far, I wasn't condoning their laziness when it came to animations and whatnot, just expressing that I was able to still enjoy 12 hours of playtime without letting it effect me enough to not want to play it. with the amount of money they had to work with, it should've been a lot better, but I feel they put too many resources into creating the new worlds, and kinda tacked on the characters a bit. to me though, it's still an enjoyable gaming experience all said.