What changes in the movie bother you?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Anduril, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well, actually, the army of the dead was not at Minas Tirith. PJ just changed it so that they seemed more involved in the battle. I thought it was a good film change.

2. Curunir

Curunir Keyholder of Orthanc

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my question is...why did PJ decide to have the Witchking break Gandalf's staff. They talk about it in the Weapons and Warfare book, but I don't recall this happening in the books. Am I mistaken? perhaps we'll see it in the EE, so I'll hold out on judgement...but it seems like something odd. Especially since the breaking of Saruman's staff robs him of his place in the order. its like the Witchking is more powerful than Gandalf, which I don't believe is so.

3. celebrimor

celebrimor Elven Jewel-smith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i missed the scouring of the shire, but they really could not have put it in. do u no how long the movie would be? remember PJ has an audiencce to provide for (not just us book fans) so he had to cut it out. but wtvr

4. mz-readaholic

mz-readaholic Use The Force

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    hmmm most of the changes don't really bother me coz i think they did them in a way that was still true to the book? the same things didn't happen, but i don't think tolkien would have minded those changes. the movies still told the same story of the emotions they felt and hardships they had to overcome. but still, the books are fabulous! but the movie is brilliant in its own right.