Werewolves VS Vampires

Discussion in 'Polls' started by warrior_squirrel21, Jan 2, 2007.

?

Werewolves VS Vampires

1. Werewolves

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Vampires

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. Niether, I hate um both.

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Evidently the end of the world is nigh...RayCaptain actually made me laugh...

2. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 blue is my favorite color

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Holy Crap!!!
    JOSH SAID SOMETHING SMART!!!

3. Mord

Mord The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    omg

4. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    So many signs of the apocolypse....................

5. Lady Cyllíeth

Lady Cyllíeth WillExplodeUnderPressure

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    why would I prefer vampires?
    WTF, I always thought werewolves were cooler >_<

6. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Yes! of by one! Come my lycan brothers and sisters! Let us show them no mercy!

7. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    But if a vampire can transform into a werewolf WHILE weilding a silver dagger, how does a werewolf hope to face off against the vampire and rise to victory? A vampire (or at least the powerful ones) can transform into any creature of the night, including werewolves. All advantages the werewolf once had are now matched by the vampire, yet the vampire can still tranform into a gaseous state and command the other creatures of the night, assuming the werewolf is not already being controlled by the vampire. Plus, vampire lords command vampire spawn and some can even command the armies of the undead. The most a werewolf could do is bight, scratch, and maybe lead a pack of wolves and lesser werewolves. Now, if u have a vampire and werewolf and they're both very powerful, the vampire's followers will outnumber the werewolf's followers. And since a werewolf is naturally evil, he or she wouldn't carry any holy weapons and therefore would not be able to defeat the undead and vampire spawns that follow the commands of the vampire lord. The vampire lord's followers, on the other hand, are capable of fighting with silver weapons and would prove no match for the alpha werewolf's lesser werewolves. The regular wolves would have to face the vampire's wolves, werewolves, bats, vampire spawn, zombies, skeletons, and lesser demons. I doubt a pack of wolves, or even several packs of wolves, could go up against such a force.

But let's assume it's one on one, no holy weapons, no silver daggers, no streams or rivers, full moon, and on the vampire's land. Both are strong, can climb up walls, and have sharp fangs. The werewolf is stronger, has claws, and can regenerate, but the vampire has the power to control the mind of the werewolf, turn into a gaseous form, fly, transform into any creature of the night, and can only be hurt when attacked with holy weapons or in the heart. Now, technically the vampire would not be able to kill the werewolf with out a silver weapon, but the vampire could still turn into a gaseous form, travel into the werewolf's lungs, then turn back into a vampire and rip open the werewolf's chest. While the werewolf is down, the vampire can then bite the werewolf and turn him into one of his servants by the time the wounds heal.

8. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    holy crud my brain just exploded

PS: Squirl_Man I am starting to try and go by Ray

9. Lady Cyllíeth

Lady Cyllíeth WillExplodeUnderPressure

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    omgroflmao XD
    I'd kill to see that :p

10. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Hate to say it but that would look kinda bad.(as in good)

11. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Actually it is your foolishness that is at hand. Your statement is incorrect from the very point where it is says "All-powerful". There is nothing on the very earth, heavens or hell that is all powerful save God himself.

So it seems that your finding of my lack of logic is perhaps due to your lack of thought.

Sunbane: Show me a modern vampire that can even perform any of those feats. Only few select vampires can perform those feats. Those being the older generation. As for the mind control, even fewer can perform those. So you're looking at perhaps at most a score of vampires alive that can do that. Most modern vampires are so diluted that all they have is superior strength which is nowhere close to their previous generations. They cannot even shapeshift into a bat.

Question: Since when is a werewolf naturally evil? They do what they must to live. If anything is evil, it is most probably a vampire.

Werewolf senses are also far keener than that of a vampire. The see in the dark ability is as far as they are equal. Werewolf hearing and smell are far superior to that of a vampires. Werewolves are also not totally detached from logic as many think they are. Many hold the ability to think in their human form whilst mainting their werewolf physical form. So holding stupidity due to just being savage goes out of the window.

Also, since a vampire cannot stand sunglight, a werewolf merely has to fight it out unlight sunlight, and oh damn the Vampire either disintergrates or falls into a coma (albeit the stronger one's are considered immune to this). A vampire cannot even cross moving water, so a werewolf has to merely throw it into a stream and they become paralysed and just drown. easy win there I say since a werewolf is faster and stronger in general than a vampire.

For silver to harm a werewolf it must penetrate the skin, therefore in turn a werewolf may hurl any silver object at the vampire and in turn harm the vampire. Also...a werewolf can merely drive a sharp tool through the vampire and this would act like a stake. This seems unlikely, but if say the werewolf smashed a table and sizeable splinter pierces the vampire it is dead.

Also from what I remember of arguing with LC and Firiath about werewolves. Many werewolves are actually farily resistant to psychich attacks such as mind control, so there goes another fairly potent point of yours.]

Finally a lot of this arguement seems to be based on where your sources of information are, sO I'm going to introduce Great Werewolves, since they are quite a common occruance. LIke you have Dracula who is a Greater Vampire compared to most, so do you have such werewolves. These werewolves are far stronger than any normal werewolf. They are even capable of casting spells.

Edit: as for the vampire ripping open the werewolves chest. That can be healed fairly rapidly. Think Wolverine.

12. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The only way a vampire can be hurt is if it's through the heart or with a holy weapon. Otherwise, the vampire wouldn't recieve any damage. As for silver, any damage received by a silver weapon the werewolf can not heal. A werewolf also is naturally evil, meaning that he or she can not weild holy weapons. It doesn't mean that every action the werewolf performs is going to be evil. I know they're not stupid, and in fact are quite intelligent in planning out attacks. Also, this entire fight would be at night considering that both creatures only fight at night. Now, maybe the greater werewolves are going to be able to withstand the vampiric gaze, but not if the vampire turns the werewolf into a vampire spawn. That's why the vampire would rip through the werewolf's chest and THEN, as the werewolf is laying down on the ground healing, the vampire can bite the werewolf and turn it into a vampire. Oh, and true vampires are the ones of ancient times that posess all these powers, not the modern vampires whose ancestors were pathetic vampire spawn. These diluted vampires I don't even consider as being vampires, but merely a bunch of pale skinned goth brats with pointy teeth. But this arguing is pointless since everyone knows that werebears are more powerful than any of these creatures =P

13. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Holy weapon" is pretty relative. What if the vampire is Jewish? That would make most of what we perceive as a holy item would be useless to them. Plus, as far as modern vampire mythos is concerned, holy items don't do anything at this point.

Then there's the matter of source determines opinion, well, at one point I've read that a werewolf becomes a vampire when it dies. That could be enough to settle matters right there.

As for sunlight, originally sunlight only made it so vampires couldn't change forms and were stuck as a typically abled version of whatever form they were in at the time of sunrise. It wasn't until the film Nosferatu that sunlight became the beat all end all for vampires.

Honestly, as far as this whole argument goes, it also depends on the style of vampire, are we talking the prissy version you see in movies today, are we talking the Chinese Hopping Vampire, are we talking the original style of vampire, which was little more than an animated corpse, or are we talking something else entirely. There's too many factors to consider in who would win in a fight, as far as who is cooler, when it comes to European tradition I prefer my were-wolves. But if it goes to any type of either, I rather enjoy the hopping vampire.

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Holy weapons only work if there is a belief in the holy item you hold. So if a werewolf did not believe in God, he would be able to hold a holy object.

Vampires can be hurt in a vast multitude of ways. I beleive you are limiting your vampire knowledge to only select sources. If a vampire if decapitated it is dead. If a vampire is disintergrated it is dead. If a vampire is exposed to light it is dead. If a vampire is thrown into running water it is dead (from drowning).

Also, state your source in which powers have the vampire to transfigure other creatures other than themselves. I've not seen any referance to vampires being able to change the whole physical structure of another thing to becopme vampire spawn. Also vampire spawn are limited to the strength of the vampire. Yet again I must state that there are ONLY a HANDFULL of vampires that have any real powers apart from increased strength these days.

Also...many sources have that werewolves can stay in that from during the day. The sun does not hinder them. The moon when out fully merely makes them far stronger than usual during the time it is out.

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    How could a vampire drown? They don't breathe do they? Now they definitely aren't going anywhere while in the water, but you need to breathe to drown.

And where's all this about vampires only being strong come from? I saw Underworld, those cats was moving awful fast.

And yeah, werewolves can change forms whenever they want. The full moon is the only time wolf form is mandatory.

16. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I.R. is right but I think vampires breath...anyway just like Pirates vs. Ninjas I think it depends on where and how many

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Well, 1 on 1 basic modern versions of each, I'll give it to the wolf.

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I.R.: Depends on your sources. Many sources which state vampires may not cross running water, involve them drowning if they do enter the river/stream/thingymajig that flows.

Yes...Vampires are much faster than the average human, but a Werewolf is even faster. Again...depends on the generation of the vampire and the wolf.

19. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    True in Masquerade: Bloodlines the werewolves kick major vampire bee-hind.

20. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Vampires are more famous then werewolves...name 1 werewolf by name