Well met! I seek some advice.

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by basudz, Mar 3, 2010.

1. basudz

basudz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

I'm a huge fan of fantasy although I'm rather new to reading fantasy books. I've never been much of a reader but over the past few months I decided to start reading the Legend of Drizzt series and became instantly hooked. I'm now nearing the end of the series and am curious where to go from here?

I've really enjoyed the writing style, environment and battle detail, and character development throughout the series. There's a few aspects I'm not overly fond of, particularly Salvatore's repetition of choice words and previous occurrences, but they in no way hinder my addiction to the storyline.

I've come here to talk with others that are more entrenched in the fantasy book world and can hopefully give me some opinions about what series I should undertake next.
    I've been looking around a bit and have noted 3 particular series that stand out among readers it seems, but I don't know much about them beyond that.

1. Wheel of Time series
    2. Sword of Truth series
    3. Dragonlance series

Being that my only true fantasy book experience has come from Salvatores Legend of Drizzt series, I am wondering what everyone here would suggest I look at for my next series to attack? Would you recommend one of the three I listed, or is there another series that may be more fitting?

Thanx :)

2. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    seek some advices

1st never wacth harry potter - it kill brains
    2nd never watched Twilight it kill soul
    3rd never watch at ... ooouh jesus my eyes...my eyes

3. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Hello! *waves* Welcome to TFF! :devilbat:

4. Jsuter

Jsuter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love the dragonlance series. Good storylines and wonderful authors. Great characters as well. Wheel of time is good (although I have only read through book 3 and half way through 4). Robert Jordan has a good story and good characters but he goes into too much detail in my opinion and he is not the best of authors. I haven't read the other you mentioned.

Go with dragonlance. I have read the drizzt books and loved them but liked the dragonlance better. Then you can always read the ultimate fantasy books, the hobbit and the lord of the rings by Tolkien.