weapons of the enemy

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Rexone13, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Rexone13

Rexone13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh and the fell beast/ eowyn battle was awesome! but i thought they couldve went about killing the WK better, i mean it couldve been more drawn out and dramatic (kinda like the ENDING) but i hear this scene is drawn out in the EE (i cant wait)

rexone

2. Cromat

Cromat Ash nazg durbatuluk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe he's just looking out the window?

3. Rexone13

Rexone13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha!!! i never thought of it that way! u kno before this thread i couldve told you a million diff weapons to talk about but i lost my track of thought now! oops! if you have nething please post!

Rexone

4. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. Rexone13

Rexone13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeh i just wish they wouldve gotten more screen time! i hope that they have more of em in the EE cuz they look so awesome all fully armoured!

rexone

6. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I might have noticed something. On the Easterling Short Sword, is the crossguard a snake? I know that their flag shows a snake. I can see the snake like strips. Really cool sword.

7. Rexone13

Rexone13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh wow man that would be awesome if they had a snake motif on their weapons! i love themes for all the weapon cultures i think tehy look awesome!

Rexone

8. Cromat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the snake is the symbol of the people of Harad.

9. Rexone13

Rexone13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well it kinda makes sense! i mean theyre evil and sly! perfect for this thread! oh and another great detail i just love about the lord of the rings movies, is did anyone notice that the crest for the steeds of the nazgul in FOTR is the eye? i think it looks awesome and was just wondering if anyone else noticed!

rexone

10. Cromat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some general banner info:

Gondor - White Tree
    Rohan - White Horse, green background
    Dol Ammroth - Ship and Silver Swan on blue background (although they aren't mentioned in the movie you can see their banner in Aragorn's coronation).
    Southrons - Red banners.
    House of Elendil - 7 Stars, a high crown and a white tree.
    Isengard - 'S' Rune (for Saruman) and a white hand.
    Mordor - The Red Eye.
    Morgul - pale greenish crown.

11. shadow25_1

shadow25_1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    whoa, ok, lots of things to correct here. Grond was the hammer of Morgoth, who existed, as the term "ancient" suggests, waaaay before the third age, which is when the events of The Lord of the Rings occur. The great battering ram called "Grond" was created in mordor, at Sauron's bidding. It wasn't the original hammer (i might just be delirious here, but i remember someone having said they though Sauron "stole" Grond. from WHO? haha)

Sauron DOES have a body. In fact, the way they showed him in the first movie is more or less the way tolkien described him DURING the events. He was described as man, large in stature, but not monstrous, and armored. Someone a while ago stated, how could he wear his own ring without having a finger, or even a hand? damn straight!

i think Cromat meant Easterling "Halberds" as in the pike-like weapon, with a large axe-blade on one end. Halbarad was one of the Arnor Rangers, Aragorn's kinsman. He died in the Battle of the Pelennor fields. Hell, in the movies, they make it seem like the ONLY dunedain is Aragorn. The other dunedain are COMPLETELY non-existent.

As for Sauron having mace.....no idea, they never say by my recollection. The Witchking of Angmar/Black Captain/wholebunchofothernames definitely had a mace, which he shattered Eowyn's shield with. And in the EE, i believe that if they are going to extend the Eowyn/Witchking scene, it won't be more fighting, but more dialogue, more "foreplay" so to speak. Because they really dumbed down the dialogue for their joust, when they translated from the books.

12. Cromat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok you're confused. I said Grond the battering ram was NAMED after the real Grond of Morgoth. The debate is whether the mace Sauron has in the movies is Grond of Morgoth (which the Weapons and Warfare book seems to hint at). I said that if Sauron's mace IS Grond (the real, ancient hammer) then there are 2 possible ways that he couldv'e gotten it: Either he went into the destroyed Angband and found it deserted in one of the deep pits, as we know that some things survived the defeat of Morgoth (such as dragons and balrogs), OR Grond was taken as booty and Sauron stole it from the Valinor army camp, probably when he asked for pardon from Eonwe. We don't have any proof or hint from the book that any of this happened, but supposing Sauron's mace IS the ancient Grond, that's the most likely explanation.

13. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    agreed. The only stupid part of the ENTIRE movie trilogy.

Love the WK sword but wanna focus on the elvish stuff. (sting, Glamdring, EWS, LWK) Maybe after a while. Because it is amazing. those home-shot pics really give me a sense of how it really looks. Very intricatly designed.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2004