Wars Of Bereriand

Discussion in 'Books' started by celebdraug, Jan 21, 2004.

1. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    CAN ANYONE DO A RECAP ON THE WARS OF BERERIAND?!

1) The majour characters that took part and died during it.
    2) Where abouts it took place!

:draught: thanks :D

2. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    well the battles mostly took place in beleriand and angband.
    and amrod and amras died thats all i can remember

3. mormegil

mormegil Art House Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    boy, that questions requires one heck of an answer. there were 5 battles:

1st battle - melkor attacked thingol and cirdan pinning them in there kingdoms.

2nd battle - dagor nuin giliath - battle under stars. melkor tried to destroy feanor and the noldor before they established themselves in beleriand but melkor was stomped

3rd battle - dagor aglareb - battle glorious, melkor tested the host of the noldor and was defeated by the forces of fingolgin and meadhros begining of the siege on angband

4th battle - nirnaeth arnodiad - unnumbered tears - melkor destroys the siege and destroyed dorthonian and ard galen. fingolfin rides to single combat with melkor and is defeated

5th battle - the war of wrath - the valar return and destroy melkor

4. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thx Mormegil! i know the name, just got to find 'em :D

5. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A recap of the wars of Beleriand?

Well if you want a good answer to that, you're just gonna have to sit down and read the Silmarillion, because basically that's all it's about, there would be no way someone could just sit down and give you a recount. And who died? Well the list of heroes that died would be sprawling...

Not to insult Mormegil, but there was a lot more to the Wars of Beleriand than just those 5 key battles...

6. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I HAVE READ IT, BUT I CONFUES EASILY ABOUT THE BATTLES! JUST WANTED A LITTLE RECAP TO UNCOMFUSE :) MYSELF! AND MORMEGIL DID HELP!

7. mormegil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    your right shinagani, there were many more battles then those 5, but those five are pretty much the definition of the wars of beleriand if you look it up anywhere. even still though, those are the only 5 circumstances i can think of where the forces of morgoth and the elves marched against each other. norgothrond for a short time marched on orcs, but overall all the other battles were sieges and ambushes (norgothrond, gondolin). plus since i was trying to compress my answer so i wasnt typing forever i just went with the 5, lol.

8. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh sorry didn't know you had all ready read it, and mormegil that's what I was trying to say there was a lot more to it than those five battles and that it would just take a long while to even do a recap. But I didn't know celebdraug had all ready read it so disregard my post. Sorry about that...

9. asap

asap New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I found mormegil's reply to be a lot more informative then the advice to read the book. Gave a good concentrated overview of the most important events taking place over a long period of time.

10. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    what about the dagor braggolach? i think that was important

11. mormegil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i apologize it looks like i mixed up some of the battles. the forth battle was the dagor aglareb where fingolfin rode to his death. the fith battle was the nirnaeth arnodiad with the union of meadhros, then the sixth battle would be the war of wrath where the valar return. sorry about that but i guess thats what i get for being hasty, lol.

12. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol! Shinagani, that okay! yes, i have read the book, but only once! i plan to read it atleast one more time after exams! :D

13. Tatie

Tatie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Fourth battle was called Dagor Bragollach, the battle of Sudden Flame. In this battle the seige was broken. Aegnor and Angrod of Dorthonion perished and those highlands were burned. Of the sons of Feanor in the East Maglor and Maedhros stood while the others fled either south or to Nargothrond. Glaurung passed through Maglor's gap and minions spilled into Beleriand from the East marches. Finrod was hurrying to aid his brothers up in Dorthonion when he was surrounded and cut out by Barahir and his men. Fighting never ceased during the entire war after this battle. Location - all over the north, but wa smost ruinous in Dorthonion and the East marches. It was when Fingolfin learned of this ruin that he despaired and rode forth in rage to take care of Morgoth himself.

Nirnaeth Arnoediad was the Fifth, as has been said. In this battle Fingon High King of the Noldor was slain by Gothmog, Huor and Azaghal died. Location - Anfauglith.