Warhammer 40k RP

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Meteorain, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Right, so this is an idea I am putting foward tenously. Having recently started reading more WH40k books I've gone back into my WH40k craze (almost fanatical lol).

Now I say this is a tenuous idea because of the level of detail and knowledge of the 40k universe necessary for this to able to work. If any of you have read the books, you can see there are certain details which help keep the books interesting aswell as actually work well.

Now that's all I'm going to say for now apart from the following (lol random contradiction). Is anyone actually interested in this RP? The number of people willing to participate does not matter, a few people are ok, and can make such a thing work. Secondly, if you are interested, what setting do you want? The one that fits neatly in with the current 40k status (I will research accordingly) or do you want to create a slightly abstract setting, with certain events not taking place. Thirdly, you will have to deal with certain facts like, yes One Space Marine is worth 10 normal men, and probably will look like a God in certain situations.

Apart from those things we'll need a few people willing to be diverse in their races. I would preferably like to be a Space Marine but another race will do. Please choose a race you are familiar with or can handle.

Anyway, any thoughts as to this suggestion? Hopefully this thread won't just be ignored :p

2. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    I'm in! Are you actually gonna use the Warhammer 40K ROLEPLAY BOOK?

I think space marines shouldn't be allowed personally only because they have an unfair advantage but that's just my opinion. I'll be an Orc myself is that's ok?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  3. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    There's no 40k role-playing book, so no I won't be using one.

Well Space Marines only have the advantage in a 1 on 1, but I was thinking people would be able to handle "squads" but from a specific characters point of view.

Plus not having the Adeptus Astartes is almost blasphemy. Either way I'm not really sure how good you are RPing (most members I've had in mind I've seen RP before), so we'll see about that. Ork's good though.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Wasn't Inquisator like 40K roleplay?
    And then there was that thing that came out before one of GW's side companies/groups was closed down that I thought was along similar lines?

5. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Except Inquisitor required figures and statistics and stuff like that.

I'm talking about written prose role playing.

6. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Actually there is: Click Here

That was called Critical Hit: Warhammer and warhammer 40k roleplay. It was a website someone made with a complete set of rules, a beatinary, equipment, carrers and some adventures for people wanting to play a roleplay in the warhammer 40k universe. First off, the original warhammer roleplay was shutdown from that site as games workshop released their own book, now the 40k one has been pulled off. I used to have all the rulebooks from that site and played it with a few mates a few years back but I dont have em anymore :(

7. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Sigh. As I said, there is no Warhammer 40k role-playing book. If you noticed, the book in your link is Inquistor perspective roleplaying.

The roleplaying that is done on this forum is a free styled prose role-play. Look around RP forum and you will see what I mean. Not to mention one of the main factors is that you can be any race (except maybe Tyranids because you would have to be the Hive Mind and that would get messy).

This is not a roleplay based on pre-made expeditions and what not like the one's you have when playing with such rule books. The keyword I used earlier and in the previous post is "prose".

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  8. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    ah i see. Can I be a tyranid? :D jk

9. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hmmmmmn, may pique my interest as long as it doesnt die off as quick as the last RP you DMed met....

10. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I told you, we're taking that other one at a slow pace.

I'm not really going to DM this one and this time I'm going to just filter out the people involved and keep people I know will post, not to mention make sure everyone is still interested the moment we start.

You going to go Tau?

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    probably, though it could change. I think that would work because at one point there was a truce or something between tau and the imperium which works for character interaction.

12. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    There is also a hint that the Eldar have a feeling of understanding for the Tau. There is a quote about an Eldar Farseer I believe who thinks the Tau a race that be should protected. So maybe we could get that in.

I'll either be Space Marine or an Eldar. Kekeke maybe even Dark Eldar

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well we need more people for this to work so untill then......

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well I said earlier that a few people would do. This requires people to handle large groups (and possibly entire armies) in a sense.

On a sidenote, I believe the Imperial and Tau united front was against the Necrons.

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    i was referring to the damocles gulf crusade (its in the tau codex) basically first contact (second really but thats complex) between the tau and the imperium.

Basically, tau expand, imperium notice and kick back, after a while full forces became a stalemate, just then the tyranids attacked the imperium and they were forced to make a quick truce and retreat.

16. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    yes all runs in terror before the might of the swarm!

sorry just had to add that :)

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Ah was it then Tyranids then Cru? Alas I don't read much Tau background, but I do believe I read somewhere that they had taken on a united front against Necrons. Unfortunately no reference available.

Nah, the Tyranids suck. So many hive fleets have been sent all have failed lawl. Although the higher echelons of the Imperium need to get off their fat asses, stop being corrupt and actually direct their forces into correct places.

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    must be a different thing met, damocles gulf wasnt a united front it was just a 'call it quits?' so the marines could go and kick the tyranids instead

And I really shouldnt be endorsing this RP, since I do part-time work for a miniatures company that hopes to someday defeat the evil GW in the ring of business.

19. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yes because this RP really cuts into their financial gains lol

Plus GW is awesome...just...expensive (especially if you buy things like a noob). Players learn to be more creative with spare bits and random stuff they have gathered :D

20. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    defeat GW - well GW makes the battle easy - just listen and talk to your fans and run a webprecence and you will be doing better than GW are!